Help! M200 question
892 10 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257743 ft
United States

Hi everybody, thank you in advance for your help.

I am flying an M200 with UGCS ground control software, I am set up to be able to allow a user in my office to log in remotely via laptop and see my FPV screen while I am flying (for inspection purposes)

here is my issue:

When i am flying the M200 without any remote person connected, my video is terrific like it should be. But, when the person in the office (20 miles away from me in the field) connects to the UGCS command center laptop and tries to view the feed, the video feed gets horribly distorted on both my tablet, as well as the laptop that they are using. it gets worse and worse the further I go from the home point, and the video eventually freezes on both my screen, and the command center laptop back at the office. Forcing me to land, and close out of the app on both my tablet and the command laptop at the office. only to have the same thing happen again when they reconnect once more.

How do I solve this?
I have been told that this is an issue with DJI's proprietary software, and that the laptop is trying to talk to two different networks when the Remote Visual Observer tries to log in to the feed. I have also been told that a separate 5.8ghz system may remedy it (a separate reciever, screen, etc).

the problem is, I only have two days before I am supposed to use this in front of a crowd of people at an EVLOS distance ( i have a BVLOS waiver) and this isn't working, even within a couple of hundred meters.

can anyone help me out? thank you!
2018-1-8
Use props
JeffP
lvl.3
United States

Can I ask how you got a Non Line of sight waiver with a FAA 107 license?  Not permitted where I am.
2018-1-8
Use props
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
United States

JeffP Posted at 2018-1-8 13:45
Can I ask how you got a Non Line of sight waiver with a FAA 107 license?  Not permitted where I am.

A really good legal team, my friend. lol  
2018-1-8
Use props
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
United States

A really good legal team, my friend. lol  
2018-1-8
Use props
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
United States

whoops, did not mean to post that twice.
2018-1-8
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Go look at the waivers that have been approved. It's not as hard as you think, or others say. Put SOPs and safety checks in place, and demonstrate that you're safety oriented as well as knowledgeable about BLOS operations and you'll be fine.

@OP I would talk with UgCS about it, their software is great but we find a lot of bugs.

2018-1-8
Use props
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-8 14:43
Go look at the waivers that have been approved. It's not as hard as you think, or others say. Put SOPs and safety checks in place, and demonstrate that you're safety oriented as well ask knowledgeable about BLOS operations and you'll be fine.

@OP I would talk with UgCS about it, their software is great but we find a lot of bugs.

Thank you, we are also finding the same thing!
2018-1-9
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Does UgCS run with Crystalsky?
2018-1-9
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-9 11:19
Does UgCS run with Crystalsky?

I've flown freehand , yet to fly preprogrammed
2018-1-9
Use props
Shrek_N_Donkey
lvl.1
United States

Update: I reinstalled ugcs beta to my tablet and set it up again, also disonnected my field laptop from being connected and it flew perfectly fine today, my office person was able to remotely log in and view the feed without any issue at all. Not sure what changed, but I think it may be solved.
2018-1-9
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Shrek_N_Donkey Posted at 2018-1-9 11:53
Update: I reinstalled ugcs beta to my tablet and set it up again, also disonnected my field laptop from being connected and it flew perfectly fine today, my office person was able to remotely log in and view the feed without any issue at all. Not sure what changed, but I think it may be solved.

I noticed a lot of lag and bugs in the newest version of UgCS, I'd tell you to use 2.12 until it's resolved but you need the video stream future. Don't take this negatively, but you are using a beta/new addition and bugs should be expected.

Happy to hear you got it working, though.
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules