RAW on SPARK
19712 21 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

I think it would be a very appreciated option by the users of spark and a valuable complement for a drone that is marketed for photography. I understand that for business reasons this option is in mavic or superior, but I think it would be a good gesture of DJI towards its customers.

The discussion of the technological possibility does not take place, since it is totally possible.

Can a DJI representative give us some information if DJI has a RAW functionality on its roadmap in the future?

Good flights

2018-1-8
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has been asked on this forum a number of times. I agree, it would be nice but odds are it won't happen.
2018-1-8
Use props
Ned Spark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265614 ft
Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-8 19:12
Has been asked on this forum a number of times. I agree, it would be nice but odds are it won't happen.

As a photog, raw stills would def be nice!!
Also for video if not low-contrast profiles the ability to dial back contrast, saturation & sharpness would be great!
2018-1-8
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1240358 ft
Russia

RAW and 16:9 size please.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thanks for your feedback, it has been forwarded to the engineers. However, so far, we haven't heard anything about this from them. Anyway, we hope they can consider it and it can be realized one day.
2018-1-9
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-9 00:56
Thanks for your feedback, it has been forwarded to the engineers. However, so far, we haven't heard anything about this from them. Anyway, we hope they can consider it and it can be realized one day.

Thanks for listening
2018-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For such a good little Camera , it really should have many more options including Raw.
2018-1-9
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

+1 for RAW
2018-1-9
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

inviable commercially speaking
2018-1-9
Use props
stu4084
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61909 ft
United States

Yes, I would love Raw, or at the very least some control of the jpg output.
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_1zlr5dr
lvl.1
United States

stu4084 Posted at 2018-1-9 10:19
Yes, I would love Raw, or at the very least some control of the jpg output.

Bingo, I would be happy if they backed off on the sharpening (horrible artifacts) and gave me a better JPEG quality. The current compression destroys what would otherwise be great images.
2018-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

We would love that for sure.
But you will have to save some more to get that (and other features).
I doubt that will ever happen to Spark....
Maybe Spark 2 / Spark Pro
2018-1-9
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

Montfrooij Publicado en 2018-1-9 11:18
Nos encantaría eso seguro.
Pero tendrá que guardar un poco más para obtener eso (y otras características).
Dudo que eso le pase a Spark ...

Triste predicción ... y muy posible.Although I do not give up a gift from DJI to the customers who bet on their products.
2018-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mariano500 Posted at 2018-1-9 13:42
Triste predicción ... y muy posible.Although I do not give up a gift from DJI to the customers who bet on their products.

Funny to see the translated quote
Hope you are right.
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_ZCmHQhzER2UX
lvl.1
Greece

Hello there, do you have any update about raw capability for spark??? I personally believe that this would be the most significant  update and an unexpected surprise for spark lovers, we appreciate any effort you do!
2019-2-20
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is called the Mavic Air
2019-2-20
Use props
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-9 00:56
Thanks for your feedback, it has been forwarded to the engineers. However, so far, we haven't heard anything about this from them. Anyway, we hope they can consider it and it can be realized one day.

What have you heard from the engineers regarding the Spark?
2019-2-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

PatriotArcher Posted at 2-20 08:21
What have you heard from the engineers regarding the Spark?

Probably something along the course: Buahahahahahahahahahaahaahahaha....
2019-2-20
Use props
andreaart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6562 ft
Italy

Spark video is not bad, full HD is ok for me. but I think that photos are too optimized and if you have to improved it with PS the quality becames poor. The best it would be the raw / dng, or at least Jpg at maximum. Why not a new update? Please DJI!
2019-3-28
Use props
tmZnnn
New

Singapore

Sorry DJI, but this is really poor...It's been over a year and your developers are not able to implement the RAW format?  This is not a good performance and is very bad for many spark users ... You should think about your performance
2019-6-1
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

I can't see any more updates being made to the Spark at this point.  I mean come on it's also completely capable of Intelligent flight modes like Course Lock and they won't even give us that.  The chances of them doing a firmware update to support RAW, especially at this point, good luck
2019-6-1
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

tmZnnn Posted at 6-1 17:52
Sorry DJI, but this is really poor...It's been over a year and your developers are not able to implement the RAW format?  This is not a good performance and is very bad for many spark users ... You should think about your performance

This is about to be expected. DJI, at the most, invest time and effort into a product for its first year from the date of release, and this is primarily to rectify mistakes as opposed to providing enhanced features.

Regards

Nidge.
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules