Will it be possible to put a A7s on the Inspire1? When?
3261 6 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
enodziner
New

Canada

Hello,
I just purchased a Inspire, first flight was today! Very excited...
I have a very important question.

WILL IT BE POSSIBLE TO RIG A SONY A7S ON THE INSPIRE? ANY GIMBALS IN DEVELOPEMENT TO DO THIS?
IF NOT IS THEIR A WAY TO BUILD A PROTOTYPE FOR THIS? ANYONE INTERESTED?

Any constructive answer would help
Thanks

2015-4-21
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

Qatar

I haven't seen anything about a Sony A7S, might be too heavy for our platform. Sony A6000 (or new model with 4k coming out soon) might be more feasible due to size and weight.

DRONExpert.nl performed a payload test on the Inspire 1. Also in the video the announcement of developing an Sony RX100 gimbal (20MP camera), a Samsung NX500 (28MP camera with 4K option) gimbal and the thermal setup for the Inspire 1.
2015-4-21
Use props
enodziner
New

Canada

Thanks for the response!
Let me know if your hear anything else?
2015-4-22
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

I fly a Sony RX100 under one of my P2V+ birds using a Droneexpert quick release system and it works extremely well.  The 20 MP pictures are stunning.  I am hoping they will have their I1 setup soon.  I have used the zoom and even on the P2V+ it works great.  You have to have very little wind or shoot between gusts with the zoom all the way out though.  I think the Inspire will be much better for zoomed stills though.
2015-4-22
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

I contacted the company and am awaiting a reply about an update/timeline for the product. I will post any information on here to update you all.
2015-4-22
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, it looks like Drone Expert is coming out with something...they just released a panorama mount which makes me think they'll be releasing their other mounts soon...
2015-4-22
Use props
enodziner
New

Canada

Interesting stuff! Thanks for your contributions.
Any news from DJI people out there??? C'mon guys keep us posted on the evolutions. The Inspire is an amazing machine!!!
2015-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules