Get message SD card error, pls replace it.
10344 25 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi, who will/can help me with a problem that is still happening. During the flight I want to make pic's and movies. There is an (10) 64 Gb formatted SD card into the drone. Via the DJI menu on the Tab I can start filming. No problem so far, but as soon as I want to stop filming and tip the red (stop) button on the Tab nothing happening and filming goes on. After I pushed the button twice I've still got the message "SD card error, please replace it". I have to bring my drone down, switch him of and start again, than will work until the next time. Latest firmware is installed, tried another SD -card with the same outcome. Is there anyone who has the same issue and what can I do about it?  For your help and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Peter

2018-1-8
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

SD card error Pls replace it....

Hi, who will/can help me with a problem that is still happening. During the flight I want to make pic's and movies. There is an (10) 64 Gb formatted SD card into the drone. Via the DJI menu on the Tab I can start filming. No problem so far, but as soon as I want to stop filming and tip the red (stop) button on the Tab nothing happens and filming goes on. After I pushed the button twice I've still got the message "SD card error, please replace it". I have to bring my drone down, switch him of and start again, than will work until the next time. Latest firmware is installed, tried another SD -card with the same outcome. Is there anyone who has the same issue and what can I do about it?  For your help and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Peter

2018-1-8
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

SD card error please replace it

Hi, who will/can help me with a problem that is still happening. During the flight I want to make pic's and movies. There is an (10) 64 Gb formatted SD card into the drone. Via the DJI menu on the Tab I can start filming. No problem so far, but as soon as I want to stop filming and tip the red (stop) button on the Tab nothing happens and filming goes on. After I pushed the button twice I've still got the message "SD card error, please replace it". I have to bring my drone down, switch him of and start again, than will work until the next time. Latest firmware is installed, tried another SD -card with the same outcome. Is there anyone who has the same issue and what can I do about it?  For your help and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Peter
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Peter, may I know which drone do you use? Do you still keep the original SD card which comes with the drone? It will be helpful to verify the status.
2018-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Class 10 card is not always the answer ... it takes a high standard card to work with high definition.

I have had similar when I try too high a resolution recording and card is too slow / unsuited.

DJI Susan asked if you have the original card DJI supply with the quad ... usually an 8Gb card ... try that ... If all is ok ... then its your cards not suitable.

The easiest way to check your cards suitability is to reduce your video parameters to example 1080 and try recording. 1080 is usually ok on even a moderate rated card. If it records fine - then you either stick with 1080 or get a better card.

Just fyi - I had to get the fastest write speed reputable card from local shop to have full spektrum capability ... 4K etc. Even the Sandisk Pro I tried failed .. I ended up with 64Gb Samsung EVO ... and that just about records / works anything !

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_ZrAlicq
New
Germany

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-9 02:34
Class 10 card is not always the answer ... it takes a high standard card to work with high definition.

I have had similar when I try too high a resolution recording and card is too slow / unsuited.

Hi all, i've a similar issue with my P3se for 4K video. I'm using a SanDisk 64GB Extreme which is specified for 4K video (U3 and V30). I thought it's good enough. But when starting a record (even for 2.7K) the progress timer for the record in the GoApp wont continue, i can't stop the recording an after 30sec i will get an error advice "SD card invalid" and the cam LED turns red. I've tried a lot of things (restart, formatting on PC, formatting inside the cam, different cluster sizes...), but nothing helps.

Any idea ?

best regards
Mario
2018-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

To both .... try downgrading recording till it works OK .. that will then confirm its card ... if you cannot record even with 1080 ... 720 etc. - then its not the card.

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-9 01:02
Hey Peter, may I know which drone do you use? Do you still keep the original SD card which comes with the drone? It will be helpful to verify the status.

Hi Susan,
No I did not. I replaced it for an 64 Gb Sandisk card (formatted first). Following the manual it must be possible to get the original SD card replaced for an (max.) 64 Gb, so I did.

What I can do is to try it with the original one. You think that can course this problem ??

FYI, I fly with the Phantom3SE

Thanks for your reply on this
Regrds
Peter
2018-1-10
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-9 02:34

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply on this topic. The strange thing what happened is that I can start recording once and he will do so. But then, when I will stop recording it won't en give the msg. SD card error.

All I have recorded is on the SD card. But on air I'm not able to start recording again on another point. Then I must bring him down, switch the bird off and on and recording will start as soon as I push the red button on the screen. And that goes on, and on. As you can imagine that irritates me.

But as Susan suggest, I want to try what's happening if I replace the SD card for the original one.

The weather is bad so I can not try this out the coming days.

Thanks for your reply and I will let you know if it works as soon as I can fly again.

Regards,
Peter

2018-1-10
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

djiuser_ZrAlicq Posted at 2018-1-9 06:26
Hi all, i've a similar issue with my P3se for 4K video. I'm using a SanDisk 64GB Extreme which is specified for 4K video (U3 and V30). I thought it's good enough. But when starting a record (even for 2.7K) the progress timer for the record in the GoApp wont continue, i can't stop the recording an after 30sec i will get an error advice "SD card invalid" and the cam LED turns red. I've tried a lot of things (restart, formatting on PC, formatting inside the cam, different cluster sizes...), but nothing helps.

Any idea ?

Hi Mario,

Maybe is the problem the formatted 64 Gb Sandisk card as Susan and Nigel suggest. The weather is bad here in Holland for the coming days, so I will not able to figure it out.  

As soon I can fly my P3se I will let you know what the results are. It is very irritating to have your bird down to reset the whole thing and wait for the next time it oceur.

So I will keep in touch and will let you know.

Regards
Peter
2018-1-10
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

djiuser_ZrAlicq Posted at 2018-1-9 06:26
Hi all, i've a similar issue with my P3se for 4K video. I'm using a SanDisk 64GB Extreme which is specified for 4K video (U3 and V30). I thought it's good enough. But when starting a record (even for 2.7K) the progress timer for the record in the GoApp wont continue, i can't stop the recording an after 30sec i will get an error advice "SD card invalid" and the cam LED turns red. I've tried a lot of things (restart, formatting on PC, formatting inside the cam, different cluster sizes...), but nothing helps.

Any idea ?

Hi Mario,

Maybe is the problem the formatted 64 Gb Sandisk card as Susan and Nigel suggest. The weather is bad here in Holland for the coming days, so I will not able to figure it out.  

As soon I can fly my P3se I will let you know what the results are. It is very irritating to have your bird down to reset the whole thing and wait for the next time it oceur.

So I will keep in touch and will let you know.

Regards
Peter
2018-1-10
Use props
P3KoYoT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

I'm not sure but it could be that  card format incorrect "FAT32 (≤32 GB); exFAT (>32 GB)"
Did you try it?
2018-1-10
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

P3KoYoT Posted at 2018-1-10 01:11
I'm not sure but it could be that  card format incorrect "FAT32 (≤32 GB); exFAT (>32 GB)"
Did you try it?

Hi,

Good suggestion, no I have not. As soon as I can fly (weather) I will look at it and will try it out.

When I'm being able to fix the problem I will communicate the solution at the forum.

Thnks for your positive reaction,
Regards
Peter
2018-1-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

driverseat Posted at 2018-1-10 01:31
Hi,

Good suggestion, no I have not. As soon as I can fly (weather) I will look at it and will try it out.

You should not have to fly to test this out, try it with the aircraft on the ground.
2018-1-10
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

P3KoYoT Posted at 2018-1-10 01:11
Did you try it?

FAT32 works for large cards just the same ... EXFAT only allows you to record larger than 4Gb files without breaking them up into 4Gb file sections.

Nigel
2018-1-10
Use props
Dead Man
New
Germany

It seems like i'm not the only one with SD card problem.
I've tested my 64GB card with a tool and can reach 71 MB/s for writing. So it's fast enough ! And card format is exFAT. so far everything is as specified. But recording still doesn't work.
But...when i'm using a SCANDISK 32GB which is normally NOT spedified for 4K video.....surprise, surprise...recording 4K is possible !!!
Does anybody, anytime recorded 4K video with a 64GB card (formatted with exFAT) ??  Maybe that's thge problem.
2018-1-10
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I use a Samsung EVO 64Gb disk and that works prefect. The Sandisk listed for the P3P is now in my SOLOSHOT 3 because it would not record 4K. I put it in my GoPro and it failed there as well.

I have Kingston disk as well ... that does 2.7K fine .. but craps out on 4K ... that's in the GoPro ...

Cards seem to be their own master !!

Nigel
2018-1-10
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-10 07:48
I use a Samsung EVO 64Gb disk and that works prefect. The Sandisk listed for the P3P is now in my SOLOSHOT 3 because it would not record 4K. I put it in my GoPro and it failed there as well.

I have Kingston disk as well ... that does 2.7K fine .. but craps out on 4K ... that's in the GoPro ...

Hi Nigel,

Great. Such an answer sounds good! I can imagine that it will be something like that.

I will try it an figure it out. Thanks again.

Regards,
Peter
2018-1-10
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Dead Man Posted at 2018-1-10 04:56
It seems like i'm not the only one with SD card problem.
I've tested my 64GB card with a tool and can reach 71 MB/s for writing. So it's fast enough ! And card format is exFAT. so far everything is as specified. But recording still doesn't work.
But...when i'm using a SCANDISK 32GB which is normally NOT spedified for 4K video.....surprise, surprise...recording 4K is possible !!!

Hi Dead Men,

Just a couple of minutes ago I received this comment about my problem with an 64 Gb SD card.

I figured it out and it works now. Maybe you can do something with the explanation from user solentlife"".

Luck to you,
Regards,
Peter

Comment solentlife:   

I have Kingston disk as well ... that does 2.7K fine .. but craps out on 4K ... that's in the GoPro ...

Cards seem to be their own master !!

Nigel
2018-1-10
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

I have loads of cards as I have a drawer full of SpyCams ... 808's, MD80's, SJ4014's, Sport Cams, GoPro .... SS3 etc.

I have lost count of how many times back and forth to shop to get a card to work with some items. Its not even consistent. You get a card to do 4K with the GoPro OK ... put it in the P3P and it says not fast enough.

Put a card in the SS3 and it works fine max ... put it in the GoPro and it refuses to record.

I have now formatted my cards with the card Name as the unit it works with. So when I put card in the PC ... quite often I have 2 or more cards out ready to cut vids / pics to the PC ... I know exactly where each one goes back to !! That's a trick I learnt from my cables ... I put a label on my micro USB cables now to tell me which phone / tablet / camera it works with !! Same crap !
Try this one .... I can power up my P3P and Tablet ... all is fine ... compass and magnetics are A1. If I power up my Soloshot 3 in same place (P3 not there of course) - it fails to initiate saying Magnetic Interference ...

Nigel
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

driverseat Posted at 2018-1-10 08:11
Hi Dead Men,

Just a couple of minutes ago I received this comment about my problem with an 64 Gb SD card.

Peter, thanks for keeping us updated. I'm happy to know everything works now. Happy flying!
2018-1-11
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-10 02:56
You should not have to fly to test this out, try it with the aircraft on the ground.

Hi Geebax,

Yes I know what you mean, but with a life test you are sure about the outcome. Yesterday I followed the suggestion from "solentlife" and.... with success. Due to my "lifetest" it was operating as it should be, so my problem is solved.

Thanks again for you ad. Maybe till my next Q (or A). luck and happy flying.
Regards
Peter
2018-1-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-10 03:10
FAT32 works for large cards just the same ... EXFAT only allows you to record larger than 4Gb files without breaking them up into 4Gb file sections.

Nigel

'EXFAT only allows you to record larger than 4Gb files without breaking them up into 4Gb file sections.'

In the Phantoms it makes no difference using ExFAT, they still only record 4GB maximum length fil;es.
2018-1-11
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-11 14:42
'EXFAT only allows you to record larger than 4Gb files without breaking them up into 4Gb file sections.'

In the Phantoms it makes no difference using ExFAT, they still only record 4GB maximum length fil;es.

Doesn't change fact that EXFAY was developed to ALLOW larger files to be saved to the media.

I was transferring a 5Gb file other day ... I had to reformat the transfer card to EXFAT to do it.

Videos are often cut into 'slices' by the recording apparatus itself ... many cams allow you to choose length in time / size in mb's ...

My comment was point out reason for EXFAT ... and that quotes of cards greater than 32Gb need EXFAT is wrong.

Nigel
2018-1-12
Use props
Diugre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1102 ft
Brazil

Guys, just plug your drone into a usb computer port with the sd card on borad of the drone, go to file explore, find the drone sd card and fornat. Solved my problem. You can also format the sd card in a regular digital camera, just insert the card in the camera and format using the camera menu option.
2021-4-7
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Diugre Posted at 4-7 16:09
Guys, just plug your drone into a usb computer port with the sd card on borad of the drone, go to file explore, find the drone sd card and fornat. Solved my problem. You can also format the sd card in a regular digital camera, just insert the card in the camera and format using the camera menu option.

Hi Diugre,

Thanks for your input and reply. Sugesstions are always welcome. I fly DJI's Mavic Air 2. You should try this one in the feature. A small miracle.

Good luck.
Driverseat
2021-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules