flight distance limited
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silicon falcon
lvl.2
United States

I did some real estate video yesterday and ran into a problem on my second battery. The first flight went off with no problem. I was able to fly as far and high as I needed with no issues. After changing batteries my flight distance was limeted to maybe 40 ft altitude and 100 feet horizontal. I got an aural warning that "flight limit is reached" and the drone would not fly any further.

Thoughts?
2018-1-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like beginner mode.
2018-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

What if you put first battery back in (charged of course !)

As A says - sounds like its defaulted back to Beginner Mode / reset parameters.

It may be worth trying this ...

Have all powered up on second battery and tablet also on Internet at home ... if the second battery has old FW - it should trigger an update message for battery FW .. just a thought.

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Silicon, are the APP and the firmware up to date? if not, please update them, then make sure the Beginner mode is disabled and you've logged your account into the APP, then fly the drone in P-GPS mode, see if it works. If it persists, please turn all of them off, then power up the RC, drone, then start the APP, then try it again.
2018-1-14
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

There has been some posts after this "login to unlock" crap, that told you need to close and restart the App after the battery change in order for the craft to see you as logged in.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules