SD card not detected and others issues
11446 19 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tristang
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi,

We experienced some issues with our Phantom 4.  

SD card is not detected even after changing or reformatting it.

Following message is displayed in status : error air encoder (0x2800020).

When trying to update firmware (current version is v02.00.0106), it blocks at 55 % and displays following error code : 0x22403

On top of this, we are either able to watch the camera image and not able to move the gimbal or the other way around.  In that later case, the screen is completely black and we can move the gimbal using the remote

Please advise us what to do.

Many thanks

2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are you formatting the sd card, with it in the drone?

That's the wisest and safest method.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Any issues with the drone before these problems?
2018-1-9
Use props
Tristang
lvl.1
Belgium

Thanks for your comments.  We were not able to format the sd card on the drone as the device does not see it.  We did it on a PC using Fat32 file system just like the original one.

Regarding first symptom, all started when we were not able to move the gimbal using the remote without any special activities upfront (take note we are able to move the gimbal if we do not receive any image on the display).  Thanks again for your support.  Tristang
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Tristang Posted at 2018-1-9 13:11
Thanks for your comments.  We were not able to format the sd card on the drone as the device does not see it.  We did it on a PC using Fat32 file system just like the original one.

Regarding first symptom, all started when we were not able to move the gimbal using the remote without any special activities upfront (take note we are able to move the gimbal if we do not receive any image on the display).  Thanks again for your support.  Tristang

It may be defective from factory and need a new internal card reader.

Again these drones don't seem to be quality checked before being packed & boxing up.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-9 13:28
It may be defective from factory and need a new internal card reader.

Again these drones don't seem to be quality checked before being packed & boxing up.

"these drones don't seem to be quality checked before being packed & boxing up."
Of cause not, that would be a total waste as long the firmware team does their best to brick em as soon they see a network connection.

@Tristang:
Has the drone crashed at any time before your issues?

"Following message is displayed in status : error air encoder (0x2800020)"
Does this error go away after some time (minutes)? if so you should try a IMU calibration when drone is cold.

How does the flight Led's look, colors front/back, steady light or blink pattern?
Have you tried to re-link RC to drone?

"did it on a PC using Fat32 file system just like the original one."
Are you saying this is another card, if yes then what brand, type, size?
Does the original card work?

2018-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The error refers to the video processing system, which also controls the gimbal. This is what I believe DJI refer to as the Air Encoder, meaning it is the video encoding and processing sub-section in the air (aircraft).

It is probably not something you can fix yourself, and may not be fixable by downloading firmware or refreshing the firmware. It is most likely something that requires you to return the aircraft to DJI for repair.
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, that old, send it back, routine. How frustrating.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
Tristang
lvl.1
Belgium

Thanks for your support.

Here are the answers to your questions (in green)

Has the drone crashed at any time before your issues?

Drone never crashed before

"Following message is displayed in status : error air encoder (0x2800020)"
Does this error go away after some time (minutes)? if so you should try a IMU calibration when drone is cold.

Message stays no matter time we wait - We have done the IMU calibration without any success

How does the flight Led's look, colors front/back, steady light or blink pattern?

flight led's are blinking as they should - green color

Have you tried to re-link RC to drone?

We have re-link the RC with the drone - no positive results

"did it on a PC using Fat32 file system just like the original one."
Are you saying this is another card, if yes then what brand, type, size?
Does the original card work?

We have used the original one and reformat it on a PC.  We did the same with another SD card with following specs :  Sandisk - 32 GB - SDHC

Thanks again for your help and tips.

Tristang
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Tristang, sorry to read on this, for this issue, you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis and repair, please refer to the link below to contact our support.
https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-1-14
Use props
vs82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176158 ft

Italy

Hi, I have exactly the same issues in Phantom 4 Pro. Do you have solved? Could you suggest me something to solve these problems?
2018-11-28
Use props
vs82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176158 ft

Italy

Hi,
I have exactly the same issues in Phantom 4 Pro. Do you have solved it? Could you suggest me something to solve these problems?
Thank you
2018-11-28
Use props
KassiaTeche
lvl.1

Hong Kong

If changing or reformatting your SD card is also unavalable, you can try to run the CHKDSK to make the SD card recognizable.
1. Right-click on "My Computer/This PC", then select "Manage", click on "Disk Management."
2. Press "Win+R" keys. Type: cmd and hit “Enter”.
3. Type: chkdsk D: / f and hit “Enter”.
By doing so, it will check and fix the found errors in the SD card automatically and make the SD card detectable again.

If your SD card is also not reading, you can try to fomat it again. And then use a data recovery software to restore your photos and videos. The Bitwar is an effective data recovery software, it can help you get back your data.
2019-5-30
Use props
fans0a668a7d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8724 ft

United States

we all have the same problems, would really dji fix the DJI go and firmware??????
2020-1-8
Use props
Brian Sh
lvl.1

United States

the recent update I did to my Phantom 3 standard killed the camera and disabled the micro usb slot, I can not get into my craft for firmware down grade ,
2020-1-12
Use props
Brian Sh
lvl.1

United States

2020-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Brian Sh Posted at 1-12 15:13
the recent update I did to my Phantom 3 standard killed the camera and disabled the micro usb slot, I can not get into my craft for firmware down grade ,

Then you need to send it back to DJI to have it fixed.
2020-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mariaa1234 Posted at 8-12 03:12
I think your SD is undetected or unrecognized due to the outdated drivers installed on your system. So, in that case, you need to update drivers to make your SD card readable. To update the drivers, just follow these steps:
•        Firstly, go to the START >> All Program >> Windows Update (For For Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista)
•        After this, click on the “Check For Updates”.

Ignore this rubbish, he has no idea what he is talking about.....
2020-8-12
Use props
Canadrien
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238455 ft
United States

Sounds to me like a bad PTZ or Ribbon cable judging by the lack of gimbal control described. Could also be the small ribbon cable that connects the camera/gimbal assembly to the control board/receiver.

-Adrien
edit: P4 may actually not have a seperate PTZ cable, can't remember off the top of my head.
2020-9-15
Use props
amelia136
New

India

In order to fix the SD card not detected issue, you can refer to: recover-androiddata.com/repair-micro-sd-card-not-detected-android
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules