M210 with XT
2938 14 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
US Aerial Video
lvl.2

United States

I am trying to fly a waypoint mission with the XT on my M210 while taking timed stills (every 2 seconds). I am unable to get this to work. I usually use Litchi for these missions but Litchi will not recognize the XT on the M210. GS Pro recognizes the camera but I can’t take timed photos with GS Pro. When I try opening DJI GO4 app it will not show the XT preview image and it also issues a warning saying "use the DJI Pilot App when using the XT" As far as I know the DJI Pilot app is only available on the crystal sky and crystal sky is totally worthless unless you are manually flying.  Ideally, I am trying to take pics with both the XT and the X4S but I will settle for just the XT for now. Has anybody had success with the M210 and the XT using waypoint missions? Thanks!
2018-1-9
Use props
rkeihn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621309 ft
United States

You don't want waypoint missions, you need to build flight plans.  Thats all GSPro does is take timed shots-hover, equal distance, timed.  You can set all of this and just fly using it like DJI Go 4.  Or build a flight plan and pan the camera back up to capture where you want to capture.  I have had lots of success using GSPro, the 210 and the XT.  The only way to get both cameras to capture images is to use the Pilot App on the Crystal Sky, currently there is no other option.   What are you trying to capture or accomplish?  I ended up buying Inspire 2 remote to use as Master and set my Cadence with Crystal Sky as slave to control cameras.
This all being said, currently my XT with no longer work with GSPro, last Apple firmware/DJI Firmware totally messed things up.
2018-1-13
Use props
US Aerial Video
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try and report my findings.
2018-1-16
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

Hello!

I haven't used GSPro and have had no reason to have timed shots.  But I do work with at M210 with the XT and X4S dual gimbal.  

The only way to capture photos/videos of both gimbals at the same time, is to make the cameras so they are controlled individually (so you can move one at a time).  If you have dual control (where they move up together, down together...) it will only capture the photo/video on the X4S.  The only way I've found to capture both is to control them individually (which really sucks).  So, if you want the same shot, you need to do it twice (once per camera)...unless your cameras can stay in one position and don't need any movement.  In that case I would dual control them to the angle you want, then switch to manual controls and just not touch the gimbals.  That way they are at least pointing in the same spot.

Hope that wasn't confusing.
2018-1-17
Use props
rkeihn
lvl.2
United States

Drone Jones Posted at 2018-1-17 07:21
Hello!

I haven't used GSPro and have had no reason to have timed shots.  But I do work with at M210 with the XT and X4S dual gimbal.  

That is not the case or correct-my dual system captures stills from both and captures video from both.  As it should, your system is not functioning properly.  Single camera=single image and when XT and X4S are synced they should both be capturing at the same time.

2018-1-30
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

rkeihn Posted at 2018-1-30 11:33
That is not the case or correct-my dual system captures stills from both and captures video from both.  As it should, your system is not functioning properly.  Single camera=single image and when XT and X4S are synced they should both be capturing at the same time.

with pilot or dji go?
2018-1-30
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

You can read my post from 24th of january in this post: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=115035
2018-1-30
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

I read and do the tests, it does not work, in synchronization mode, only the camera x4s takes a picture, and in individual mode, the active camera takes the picture!
2018-2-3
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Cameras on right position? Checking bij de cards?
2018-2-4
Use props
fans621af22f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

I had both XT and X4S slaved together and they simultaneously took video or photos.  Used Pilot. M210RTK.
2018-2-5
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

fans621af22f Posted at 2018-2-5 10:46
I had both XT and X4S slaved together and they simultaneously took video or photos.  Used Pilot. M210RTK.

I think it worked before, but it's sure it does not work and it's confirmed by DJI, and the X4S is in position I and the XT in II
2018-2-5
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

rkeihn Posted at 2018-1-30 11:33

Very interesting.  Yes, it should work that way.  But, you are the only person I've heard where it actually works the way it should.  I don't have the RTK version, but I can't imagine that's the issue.
2018-2-6
Use props
jonlorry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2390722 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Jones Posted at 2018-1-17 07:21
Hello!

I have exactly the same problem!!
2018-2-7
Use props
rkeihn
lvl.2
United States

With DJI Pilot, you can't use DJI GO with the 210.  DJI GO4 you can but with only one camera.
2018-2-11
Use props
CPendzi
lvl.2

Canada

Has anyone figured out how to fly automated missions with the M210 and XT camera? From what I've tried, GSP doesn't trigger the XT camera to take an image and DJI Pilot does not have planned mission flights.
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules