Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Battery Concern
7276 50 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueBox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49029 ft
United Kingdom

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-1-18 07:42
This is not directed to anyone in general.

If the battery falls out due to a design issue, raise a case, if it doesn't...keep flying.  It really is that simple.

Have you seen how these no errors in log file cases are resolved?
2018-1-19
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

BlueBox Posted at 2018-1-19 05:16
Have you seen how these no errors in log file cases are resolved?

I'm still very much a fledgling and may be wrong, but if the battery falls out mid-flight, would the flight log not record an sudden loss of power?
Flight data files are stored on both the AC & the DJI Go 4 app, so I'm assuming that the flight data can still retrieved in the event that the Spark drops into the ocean, or into a volcano?

I can view flight data files on my Android device if I dig into the file system.
2018-1-19
Use props
BlueBox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49029 ft
United Kingdom

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-1-19 05:43
I'm still very much a fledgling and may be wrong, but if the battery falls out mid-flight, would the flight log not record an sudden loss off power?
Flight data files are stored on both the AC & the DJI Go 4 app, so I'm assuming that the flight data can still retrieved in the event that the Spark drops into the ocean, or into a volcano?

DJIs view on it seems to be if there is no specific errors then its an indeterminate fault so not a warranty issue, so unfortunately the battery falling out which doesn't seem to result in specific errors being logged(due to no power)  and the AC being lost doesn't usually end well for the owner.
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why they designed the battery to sit underneath the drone is baffling - at least its on top with the Mavic.
2018-1-19
Use props
Rsnider486
lvl.1
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2018-1-16 05:18
You eat it. Obviously DJI had an internal update (silent recall?) on the batteries because there have been many reports of batteries not laching properly. The difference between a serious EU company and DJI is that they are not very "honest" or "transparent" with their customer database.

And as you can see, DJI Electry is kindly saying that YOU SHOULD STOP COMPLAINING YOU... MISTER! (CAPS and all...)

Agreed, DJI did nothing to help me with this and it cost me $139.00
2018-4-12
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

I don't see anything on the battery that points to production date.   Can someone tell me where/how they are getting that information?  Thanks
2018-5-9
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

thanks for the comparisons .. cheers,
2018-5-9
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Terp1234 Posted at 2018-1-12 07:43
[view_image]
I came across this clamp at Aliexpress. So there seems to be a market for losse batteries...

I like this one... I've seen others that aren't as nicely designed as this.  Thanks for sharing
2018-5-9
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i Posted at 2018-5-9 10:51
I don't see anything on the battery that points to production date.   Can someone tell me where/how they are getting that information?  Thanks

Think it is in settings (3 dots top right). And under battery, and then status.   I too find the menu hard to navigate.. Parrot gets it better
2018-5-9
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Got my Drone in August 2017,, soon after when flying the battery fell out. Fortunately DJi warranty covered the Drone repairs and replaced the battery.... Battery that fell out had the smaller clips, all my batteries now have the larger , more positive latching clips!!!.
2018-5-9
Use props
John Kean
lvl.1

Cyprus

Guys I wondered if you can help.  I purchased a dji mavic pro platinum drone as a gift and the boys used it twice on the beach and managed to get sea water into it.  I cannot afford the repairs at €900euro and wondered if anyone knows which drones I should buy so that i can get use of the 2 spare batteries that came with it.  Can I use them on another make/model, or are they built uniquely for each drone?  Any advice from anyone would be most helpful indeed and much appreciated.
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules