Gimbal wheel not working
4942 9 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

Trying to use the Gimbal Wheel to change the camera pitch. But the camera is not responding. Are there any settings I should check to troubleshoot before sending the controller in for repair?
2018-1-9
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

Never mind. Still learning, I discovered the problem.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

bobjonesx Posted at 2018-1-9 18:50

Glad you solve the problem. Here is the link of tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/featured?disable_polymer=1
2018-1-10
Use props
bud
lvl.2
United States

bobjonesx Posted at 2018-1-9 18:50

aaagh!  what was the problem? I'm having the same issue.
2018-2-10
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

Very wild guess #1: Gimbal sensitivity at 0
Very wild guess #2: Wrong wheel used
Very wild guess #3: Wrong direction of turning the gimbal wheel
2018-2-10
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

bud Posted at 2018-2-10 07:43
aaagh!  what was the problem? I'm having the same issue.

As you know, the stubby post on the right side of the RC, pushing it forward and then again, will drop the gimbal/camera 90 degrees down, and up again 90 degrees to face the horizon. For whatever (??) reason, I expected the wheel to give the same behavior.
Not so, use the wheel to move the gimbal more slowly from horizontal to vertical in order to achieve some angle inbetween 0 degree and 90 degree.
I was not holding the wheel long enough for the gimbal to respond.
(user error  :-<   )   
2018-2-10
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

As you know, the stub on the right of the RC shifts the gimbal a full 90 degrees from 0 to 90 (horizon to straight down). For whatever reason, I expected the wheel to behave the same way. (To "assume" makes an ass of you and me.)
Instead, the wheel gives you finer control, to achieve an angle between 0 and 90. But it takes a tick or two to respond. Whereas the stub gives an instantaneous response.

User error!!!  
2018-2-10
Use props
bobjonesx
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for the double post.
I am SO UNUSED to a forum/bulletin board which gives to response to a "post reply" request. Every other BBS refreshes the page for you and shows your post.
Mehhhh!
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_Ggii486IDxa9
New
United States

Please help I don't even touch the scroll wheel and the Gimble start scrolling up And I have to hold the scroll will in the opposite direction to stop it i tried  We calibrating it And  even that didn't work
2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Ggii486IDxa9 Posted at 8-1 16:38
Please help I don't even touch the scroll wheel and the Gimble start scrolling up And I have to hold the scroll will in the opposite direction to stop it i tried  We calibrating it And  even that didn't work

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know the model of your drone and controller? Besides, if it's possible please provide us with a related video for our further checks. Thank you.
2022-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules