MAVIC PRO REMOTE CONTROLLER WON'T STAY ON
10239 19 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deji
New

Canada

I took delivery of my brand new Mavic Pro Platinum this afternoon. I plugged in and charged the drone and remote controller batteries. Both units charged to 100% swiftly and easily.

A few hours later, I settled down to really test the unit and the remote control will NOT stay on. When I press its power button the first time, it promptly displays 'BAT 100 PCT'. When I release it and press and hold the button, it displays the same value for a couple of seconds, then goes blank.
I've tried it with and without my phone, same result.
The Mavic Pro itself can be turned on and off flawlessly.

Is this controller defective? Or what could I be doing differently?

Thank you!
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Deji,  when did it happen? Please provide more info. Thanks for your help.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

You must press once and quickly press and hold very shortly after the first press
2018-1-10
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-10 02:22
You must press once and quickly press and hold very shortly after the first press

Correct, sounds like he doesn't know how to turn the controller on. If that is the case, then he shouldn't be flying anyway.  Maybe reading the manual might help and watching a few  videos.
2018-1-10
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same confusion when I first got mine - got the Mavic powered up, but couldn't get the controller on to start with -  you have to do the "press, Press & hold" sequence of the controller much quicker than the drone, and the hold sequence lasts for slightly longer (you have to wait for the word <Connecting> to write across the screen as it powers on before you let go). See a quick guide here
2018-1-10
Use props
Deji
New

Canada

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-10 02:22
You must press once and quickly press and hold very shortly after the first press

Hello DJT_MVSP,
I've done this. Several times. It worked straight out of the box. It stopped working a few hours later. I use this button pressing sequence on the drone itself and it works. It's stopped working on the RC.

Thanks for the response.
2018-1-10
Use props
Deji
New

Canada

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-10 03:34
I had the same confusion when I first got mine - got the Mavic powered up, but couldn't get the controller on to start with -  you have to do the "press, Press & hold" sequence of the controller much quicker than the drone, and the hold sequence lasts for slightly longer (you have to wait for the word  to write across the screen as it powers on before you let go). See a quick guide here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XenAPzD6-sg

Thanks, damoUK,
I've done the "press, press &hold" sequence probably 20 or 30 times with every possible combination of interval between pressing and holding. No luck.
Most importantly, I do NOT get the "Connecting" prompt. I think that's the problem.
2018-1-10
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Deji Posted at 2018-1-10 06:32
Thanks, damoUK,
I've done the "press, press &hold" sequence probably 20 or 30 times with every possible combination of interval between pressing and holding. No luck.
Most importantly, I do NOT get the "Connecting" prompt. I think that's the problem.

It seems like it's about to go on a small trip to find a suitable repair shop.
2018-1-10
Use props
Deji
New

Canada

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-10 03:01
Correct, sounds like he doesn't know how to turn the controller on. If that is the case, then he shouldn't be flying anyway.  Maybe reading the manual might help and watching a few  videos.

Thanks for you exhibition of genius Locoman,
As I've pointed out to other (more helpful, less sarcastic) respondents, I have followed the manual instructions precisely. It does not work.
Now, can you comprehend the possibility of responding to a query without emitting this sort of self-important piffle?
Have an excellent day.
2018-1-10
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

I wouldn't be sad if I were you, Deji. Regulations have become so strict in Canada that it's now basically impossible to fly a drone legally anyways..

2018-1-10
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-10 09:31
I wouldn't be sad if I were you, Deji. Regulations have become so strict in Canada that it's now basically impossible to fly a drone legally anyways..

Ouch ! Hopefully that’s not this guys case.  Good luck!
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Deji Posted at 2018-1-10 06:53
As I've pointed out to other (more helpful, less sarcastic) respondents, I have followed the manual instructions precisely. It does not work.
Now, can you comprehend the possibility of responding to a query without emitting this sort of self-important piffle?

Hi Deji, could you please provide a short video of this issue so I can look into it?
2018-1-12
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Were you able to finally power it on?
2018-1-12
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Deji Posted at 2018-1-10 06:53

Sorry for sniping at our. I guess I was just having a bad day. Hope you got it working.
2018-1-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i have flown hundreds of times and still now i sometimes do not push the remote controler sequence properly and it does not turn on. But this is always my own error - when i do the press on sequence again i just pay a bit more attention and then it always comes on. i am sure you have got it right by now - best of luck.
2018-1-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-13 03:29
Sorry for sniping at our. I guess I was just having a bad day. Hope you got it working.

Thanks for making right.
On this forum we get valuable quick information from each other, we should continue to support each other and we will all do better and do better as a whole if we support and encourage each other with positivism.
2018-1-13
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-13 05:11
Thanks for making right.
On this forum we get valuable quick information from each other, we should continue to support each other and we will all do better and do better as a whole if we support and encourage each other with positivism.

I completely agree.
2018-1-14
Use props
djiuser_2xXR97j4B8Qc
New

Ireland

So I've the exact same problem.
Received my Mavic Platinum last Saturday, charged up, down loaded software, calibrated, etc and all worked perfect.
Until this afternoon it wouldn't connect to smart phone??? then just wouldn't even stay on for note than 3 seconds.

It shows <Connecting> then shuts off, wont stay on.
Can you provide solution?
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_TYVf2yoJQrKA
New

United States

My 3 day old mavic pro controller is doing the same thing! This is frustrating to say the least.
2020-4-25
Use props
Leco Petersen
New

Brazil

Any conclusions about your problem? I'm facing the same issue here...
2021-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules