FarmerMac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hi DJI..

The question is, how do I change my profiles country from Netherlands to where
i actualy live. (Denmark)?
I cant find it anywhere in the profiles settings.

Regards
FarmerMac.

2018-1-9
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Bump.. mods.. Pleace help
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-17 23:28
Bump.. mods.. Pleace help

Hey there, I just received your PM and sorry for the late response. The country under your Avatar depends on your IP, and this can not be changed manually, please kindly note.
2018-1-19
Use props
FarmerMac
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-19 03:26
Hey there, I just received your PM and sorry for the late response. The country under your Avatar depends on your IP, and this can not be changed, please kindly note.

Ok..
This is because the IP range my ISP are using has been used in the Netherlands way back in time. Now it's
registered in Denmark.

Do I then have to register a new account?

2018-1-19
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-19 03:41
Ok..
This is because the IP range my ISP are using has been used in the Netherlands way back in time. Now it's
registered in Denmark.

Hi Michael
No need to create a new profile, an update to where ever DJI get their GeoIP information should do.
If you travel or login from another place and make a post you will that post get stamped with country of that IP. That is if the GeoIP information is correct of cause.

In other words the post you have made so far will possibly stick with Netherlands but when/if country get corrected posts from that point should reflect correct.

Edit: you can actually see it in your post here  
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-19 03:41
Ok..
registered in Denmark.

KedDK is correct, no need to create a new account. The country will change automatically if you are travelling in another country.
2018-1-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 03:04
KedDK is correct, no need to create a new account. The country will change automatically if you are travelling in another country.

Can you tell from where you (DJI) is getting their GeoIP information?
That would be helpful in order to have the ISP asking supplier to update their information.

For other:
Another thing to have in mind, if using TOR or a VPN when posting here also can give some odd origins of location.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-22 23:35
Can you tell from where you (DJI) is getting their GeoIP information?
That would be helpful in order to have the ISP asking supplier to update their information.

It depends on the Gateway IP Address of your Carrier and will be matched with the country code automatically.
2018-1-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-24 02:45
It depends on the Gateway IP Address of your Carrier and will be matched with the country code automatically.

So far i am with you, but from where/who do DJI receive the information of what IP's comes from what country?
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules