After waiting weeks to get my bird up again, it lasted 3 mins.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64413 ft
Australia

So I've just got a CrystalSky to go with my I2 and today the mount arrived.

The USB doesn't connect on the crystalsky mount  for some reason (that's another story) but the USB port on the left of the screen seemed to work when testing it at home, so I just went with that.

So,

Latest firmware on controller/I2/screen: Check
Batteries charged and updated: Check
Latest app on the CrystalSky: Check

I actually find somewhere that has no people, clear sky, smooth area to take off. Perfect.

annnnd I get it up in the air and the feed glitches. From 7 feet away from me!

Then I get a disconnected error on the top left of the app. Then a warning "lost connection, activate return to home" I landed it myself.

Then as it's sitting safe on the deck (thank god!) the app craps out then "the launcher isn't responding do you want to close it?"

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

Too bad if I were doing 90kmh over the ocean!!

2018-1-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Will you recommend this product to me who still sit on the fence.
2018-1-10
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

DTK Posted at 2018-1-10 04:36
Will you recommend this product to me who still sit on the fence.

Mechanically, I can't really fault my aircraft and gear.

But the software and support are pretty ordinary.
2018-1-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

I guess I had better wait, can't justify that sort of money only when it works some time.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Lead. Please ensure that you fly in a place with good GPS siganl and less interference. Can you tell me how far your drone flew at that time? Please try to change a USB cable or a device and avoid high voltage line, factories and metal. I would not recommend you fly over your head. Please ensure that you put the antenna of RC in right position. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-11
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-11 00:58
Hi, Lead. Please ensure that you fly in a place with good GPS siganl and less interference. Can you tell me how far your drone flew at that time? Please avoid high voltage line, factories and metal. I would not recommend you fly over your head. Please ensure that you put the antenna of RC in right position. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra,

I like to think i'm a little more responsible than to directly over my head (or anyone else's). I had 14 satellites connected. I was on rocks by a beach. There were no power cables within 500 meters. Definitely no factories or metal.

The antenna were in the correct position.

The remote was responding so I think the issue is within the Crystalsky
2018-1-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-11 13:04
Hi Elektra,

I like to think i'm a little more responsible than to directly over my head (or anyone else's). I had 14 satellites connected. I was on rocks by a beach. There were no power cables within 500 meters. Definitely no factories or metal.

Can you try using another device to eliminate the CS from the possible problems?  I use the iPad mini 4 or iPad Pro 10.5 usually without any issues.

Rich
2018-1-11
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-11 15:18
Can you try using another device to eliminate the CS from the possible problems?  I use the iPad mini 4 or iPad Pro 10.5 usually without any issues.

Rich

It worked fine with my Ipad Mini 2.

Just need to eliminate whether it's the socket on the display or the mount itself. I'm hoping for the latter as it'll be a much easier fix than sending back a screen
2018-1-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-11 15:37
It worked fine with my Ipad Mini 2.

Just need to eliminate whether it's the socket on the display or the mount itself. I'm hoping for the latter as it'll be a much easier fix than sending back a screen

Okay, I understand.  Wonder if it needs to be cleaned off?   I have had great luck cleaning all of the contacts for the camera mounts and USB, battery terminals with DEOXIT Contact Cleaner.  Connector Treatment chemically improves, protects, cleans and rejuvenates metal connections
Product description
DeoxIT D-Series is a fast-acting deoxidizing solution that cleans, preserves, lubricates and improves conductivity on metal connectors and contacts. Use as a general treatment for connectors, contacts and other metal surfaces. Use on non-critical metal surfaces with severe oxidation and corrosion on the metal surface. If there is a discoloration of the metal - it is severe. Use DeoxIT to dissolve the contamination. DeoxIT will also lubricate and protect the surface. For reference, DeoxIT has approximately 20 percent cleaning action. Improves Conductivity Deoxidizes, Cleans & Preserves Reduces Intermittent Connections Reduces Arcing & RFI Reduces Wear & Abrasion Temperature Range, -34oC to 200oC DeoxIT D-Series D100L Squeeze Tube, 100 percent solution, 2 ml, (Applications = 50 +/- drops, 0.04 ml/drop) Part No. D100L-2C Great for OEMs - Include with your equipment!(under $1 at 10k quantities)

Link

Rich
2018-1-11
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

Solved!

It was the cable within the Crystalsky mount. I tested it with a C cable and it worked perfectly. Took it to the store I bought it from, they had no problem replacing it for me.

Thank you all for your suggestions and support.
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-12 21:29
Solved!

It was the cable within the Crystalsky mount. I tested it with a C cable and it worked perfectly. Took it to the store I bought it from, they had no problem replacing it for me.

Great follow up , so often problems are fixed but members never come back to the forum with the solution .

good follow up , thanks.  I will put this in me memory banks for future use .

donnie
2018-1-13
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-13 06:08
Great follow up , so often problems are fixed but members never come back to the forum with the solution .

good follow up , thanks.  I will put this in me memory banks for future use .

I think it wasn't connecting quite right. Probably the socket.

Now I just need to find time to fly, and somewhere I can do it legally. My entire city is a no fly zone so I have to drive 2-3kms in either direction before I can get in the air.
2018-1-13
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-13 12:33
I think it wasn't connecting quite right. Probably the socket.

Now I just need to find time to fly, and somewhere I can do it legally. My entire city is a no fly zone so I have to drive 2-3kms in either direction before I can get in the air.

Best of luck

donnie
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Solved!

Glad you solve the problem. It is important to check if the cable or accessories are work fine before flight.
2018-1-16
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-16 05:25
Glad you solve the problem. It is important to check if the cable or accessories are work fine before flight.

You'd think that if it's brand new it'd work
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-16 17:35
You'd think that if it's brand new it'd work

Sorry for the unexpected experience. Where did you buy the drone? Thanks for your update.
2018-1-21
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-21 02:24
Sorry for the unexpected experience. Where did you buy the drone? Thanks for your update.

I bought both of my drones from Readytogoal.com.au
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-22 15:47
I bought both of my drones from Readytogoal.com.au

I would recommend you contact the seller and see if they can provide a replacement.
2018-1-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Solved!

Glad to hear you've got it working. One more think you may want to do is to edit the title of your original post by adding (SOLVED) ...
2018-1-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Solved!

That is really great customer service and very happy you got this sorted out.

Enjoy your new Inspire 2

Rich
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules