Peeved at DJI shipping charges
2666 10 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roy
lvl.2

United States

I recently found out about the new quick release props for the Inspire and was happy to see the adapters and props in the DJI store.

Then I had a huge shock when I was placing my order. Even if you buy just one set adapters which cost $4, DJI will charge you $20 for shipping. TWENTY DOLLARS?!?!?!?

In a world where most companies charge no shipping or charge a flat rate of something along the lines of $5-6 it is really disgusting for DJI to fleece their customers on shipping. This is a part you could mail for the cost of a first class stamp if you wanted to. Sure, a copmany like DJI has to include tracking and all that but still, the cost of shipping this item is about $2.50 including postage, tracking and proper packaging.

The point isn't how much the true cost of shipping is. The problem is that DJI is trying to charge its customers $20 so ship something so small. This is a part for customers who have already spent $3K and probably more on DJI products. Now you are trying to charge me $24 to get one pair of adapters.

Welcome to the year 2000 DJI. That is when using shipping charges as a profit center was in vogue. I literally buy stuff online every single week and I honestly can't remember the last time I was pissed off at exorbitant shipping charges. It just doesn't happen anymore UNLESS you own a $3000 drone and want to get parts for it. F You DJI. That's all I have to say about this...
2015-4-22
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just add an extra battery to your order (who couldn't se a few more of those) and like magic the shipping s free.
2015-4-22
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

I can use extra batteries. But if I buy a battery from DJI it costs me $20 more than buying it from other places because I have to pay tax. So this might save me $20 in shipping but then it costs me $20 in tax. Problem not solved.

This does not make me feel better about DJI's shady business practices though.

Especially considering the fact that my need for this part is because I bought an early Inspire model with inferior parts that quickly became outdated. To be honest DJI should offer these adapters for free to any Inspire owner who bought an early model. If they did that I bet they'd sell a truckload of new props to all the people who got the adapters. It's a win-win for DJI.
2015-4-22
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft
United States

I work for ups ( NOT FEDEX NO ASSOCIATION ) and know international contracts are not cheap. They are probably paying three times that to get you the quick release everything comes from china at least for me and I have it in 48 hours after shipment not bad. If I where you I would pay the 20 dollars if all you want are the quick connects but like pinpointmapping said just get another battery.

explanation of shipping service DJI uses

FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution

Increases speed-to-market and shortens order-cycle time.
    Allows you to explore new markets without the financial risks and infrastructure requirements typically associated with global expansion.
    Replaces multiple distribution channels with a single solution.
    Reduces transit time from weeks to days.

Transit time:
1 to 4 business days.

FedEx network:
FedEx Express.®
2015-4-22
Use props
jon.rauschenber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3760 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plenty of options to buy them on Amazon with "free" shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Origin ... s=dji+quick+release

I don't really understand the complaint here...it costs money to get something from China to the US...why should we expect that DHJI figures a way around that?
2015-4-22
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

jon.rauschenber Posted at 2015-4-22 23:43
Plenty of options to buy them on Amazon with "free" shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Original-Re ...

Pay $15 for a $4 item but get free shipping.

That makes zero sense. I need two sets so it would cost more to buy two sets from this seller than to buy them from DJI.
2015-4-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Last edited by roy@netraction.com In 2015-4-22 22:35 Editor

Wow start a post on this pathetic topic.
Not sure where you are in the world pal but I find $20 to be really reasonable with a tracking number.
MY advise to you is if $20 bucks is going to break your nest egg bank account then perhaps you should not have purchased the Inspire 1.
Believe they make foam Airplanes likely in your budget..........
2015-4-22
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Get them at Multicopter Warehouse!!!!
2015-4-22
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Here is the link  www.multicopterwarehouse.com
2015-4-22
Use props
insectorchid3
lvl.2

United States

well DJI is shipping all inspire 1 owners/dealers the new props if you purchased one before they come with the new twist lock props. You should be able to get them from your dealer or DJI depending on were you bought it
2015-4-22
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Don't get me wrong but what exactly are you trying to accomplish with these complaints? It is what it is, don't like it, don't buy it. It's not like it's absolutely necessary for your $3k quad to fly!
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules