821 11 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

I touched on this subject at the InspirePilots forum but I want to get you kind folks here to give me your opinion if you will.

I am considering either a CS or Moverio glasses, and I'm wondering which one you guys think is better, not only for the pleasure of flying, but moreso for photography's sake.
are the Moverio glasses clear enough to make critical focus? same question applies to the CS. Given the choice, CS, CS Ultra or Moverio?

The DJI goggles are out of the question for me as I already tried going that route and it was a total failure for me, just couldn't keep them on my head.
I currently use a iPad Air 2. Will it be an improvement going to either of the two alternatives addressed?
2018-1-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I may suggest to look at Note 8, 6" 1240 nits, 2k resolution, 3300mah. I have used it for flying for 1 month now, absolutely stable and never has any app crash.
2018-1-10
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How about clarity of the image, specially resistance to glare and reflections?
2018-1-11
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Note 8 is a commodity item, the best is to check out in any mobile phone store or even Samsung flagship store. I am sure that they will even install go app for you to try it out. Have you been able to get Cs to get it out before making your decision?
2018-1-11
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-11 13:22
Note 8 is a commodity item, the best is to check out in any mobile phone store or even Samsung flagship store. I am sure that they will even install go app for you to try it out. Have you been able to get Cs to get it out before making your decision?

No I haven't had a chance to try the CS yet
2018-1-11
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

I won't spend that sort of money if I could not try it out. I also would not pay the money without totally happy of the product before leaving its door. What I am saying is that for these new products, don't buy online, it is too risky and no recourse but hoping any issues would be fixed soon (?) by suppliers. There is a lot of discussions here on this forum on what you may foresee. I have to say for my personal opinion, I would trust Samsung to give me support than DJI.
2018-1-11
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-11 20:08
I won't spend that sort of money if I could not try it out. I also would not pay the money without totally happy of the product before leaving its door. What I am saying is that for these new products, don't buy online, it is too risky and no recourse but hoping any issues would be fixed soon (?) by suppliers. There is a lot of discussions here on this forum on what you may foresee. I have to say for my personal opinion, I would trust Samsung to give me support than DJI.

Agreed, however even online one vcan try things lets say if purchased from the right retailers, like amazon, BH Photo, Adorama, etc. That's how I tried the DJI Goggles, got them from Adorama on Ebay, did not like them returned them nothing lost at all not even return shipping.
2018-1-12
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

You are a wise man just keeping that way.
2018-1-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can't talk about either Moverio or DJI goggles since I refused to employ this method of monitoring after unsuccessful attempt with Head Play device. It simply doesn't work to me for many reasons.  I need to be able to see my surroundings and relate positions of myself and the drone, which is impossible with goggles.  Venerable iPad Air 2 served all my drones faithfully and flawlessly for over 2 years, but I was always struggling with limited visibility in scorching summer sunlight.  CS Ultra is addressing all these issues ...
2018-1-13
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Just thought I'd put in a plug for Crystalsky Ultra. I moved over from an iPad mini4 and never looked back. The screen is just as viewable in direct sunlight as in shade. DJI's latest firmware allows loading of other apps, but, there's not much I want to load except Google Maps, which works great.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those CrystalSky monitors look awesome and are on my wish list - you have my envy sir.
2018-5-5
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-13 20:31
I can't talk about either Moverio or DJI goggles since I refused to employ this method of monitoring after unsuccessful attempt with Head Play device. It simply doesn't work to me for many reasons.  I need to be able to see my surroundings and relate positions of myself and the drone, which is impossible with goggles.  Venerable iPad Air 2 served all my drones faithfully and flawlessly for over 2 years, but I was always struggling with limited visibility in scorching summer sunlight.  CS Ultra is addressing all these issues ...

Agree 100%. I have never tried goggles, nor will I.
I keep my bird in VLOS!!! Which cannot be done with gargoyles.
2018-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules