DOA Mavic RC - How to get DJI to resolve?
3265 58 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-15 08:04
Take a look at Yuneec or other manufacturers .... The only thing the mavic has is size ... its easier to transport ... Here's a few ... google is your friend.

https://www.dronesdirect.co.uk/st/yuneec-drones

I wasn’t looking to go shopping show me a comparison drone to Mavic and we can then see how it compares for tech, price etc.

PS think you should take karma off your list they are finished making drones.
2018-1-15
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-15 08:10
I wasn’t looking to go shopping show me a comparison drone to Mavic and we can then see how it compares for tech, price etc.

PS think you should take karma off your list they are finished making drones.

Yes I know about Karma .... some good deals to be had .... Currys price even looks good.

You also asked what else was out there so thought I would be helpful and provide links, just in case you were not aware but as I pointed out in brackets rather facetiously  (you already knew that)

Like I said, it's the portability that makes the Mavic what it is but there are plenty of drones out there at the Mavic price point that offer similar specs or for a little more money a lot more spec ..... all depends on what you want from your drone.

The Mavic was trying to be all things to all men (or women, cant be sexist in this world) and while the concept is brilliant the execution is far from it especially in the update and customer service areas.
2018-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-15 08:20
Yes I know about Karma .... some good deals to be had .... Currys price even looks good.

You also asked what else was out there so thought I would be helpful and provide links, just in case you were not aware but as I pointed out in brackets rather facetiously  (you already knew that)

I agree it now looks like the world is waking up slowly to the huge demand and growth in drones, this will be good for us all, will also help keep dji on their toes.
I have seen a noticeable improvement in dji service including customer service , yes it can always be improved and I’m sure this is what’s happening, I think to be fair looking back twelve months ago their CS Problems were much greater, so they are going in the right direction, and using this forum-we are often exposed to the very worst problems and see very little of the positive improvements.
We continually see dji CS being compared to Apple which is one of the best CS out there, but fail to realise that at 10 years old , dji is far ahead of where apple was when 10 years old.
So some credit must be given for its success so far.
2018-1-15
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-15 08:34
I agree it now looks like the world is waking up slowly to the huge demand and growth in drones, this will be good for us all, will also help keep dji on their toes.
I have seen a noticeable improvement in dji service including customer service , yes it can always be improved and I’m sure this is what’s happening, I think to be fair looking back twelve months ago their CS Problems were much greater, so they are going in the right direction, and using this forum-we are often exposed to the very worst problems and see very little of the positive improvements.
We continually see dji CS being compared to Apple which is one of the best CS out there, but fail to realise that at 10 years old , dji is far ahead of where apple was when 10 years old.

Cannot knock the success of the drones and they make life hard for their competition however, competition is what is needed more so now than ever.

Not sure reading this forum that CS is top of their agenda though. Although I have not yet had any issues with my MP I fear for the day I may do and the lack of response it would appear I will get.

Just need to look at the CS levels that Autel employ (see links below).... by all accounts it's very good. I wouldn't know about Apple though, never had and don't ever want one of their products after seeing the issues most my friends have had with i-phones.

I will stick with Sony ... never let me down and I only went to them by accident as Blackberry messed up their Blackberry 10 update.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/autelrobotics/reviews/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rev ... hite/5624159?page=3

2018-1-15
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-15 08:04
Take a look at Yuneec or other manufacturers .... The only thing the mavic has is size ... its easier to transport ... Here's a few ... google is your friend. (but you know that)

https://www.dronesdirect.co.uk/st/yuneec-drones

It made me laugh that on the 3dr page you've linked to, they've listed a trolley to transport your drone with - not quite mavic portability
(I don't want to get into any DJI vs other brand argument here, as I think all drones are pretty amazing technology, it just made me laugh!!)
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_DSNuHJ0 Posted at 2018-1-12 17:16
Update: The shipping label arrived from the numerous phone calls and emails.  It was for ground shipping even though I was told that expedited shipping was going to be requested.  If a DOA product purchased from authorized dealer doesn't qualify for expedited shipping, what does?

Lesson learned.  Don't waste your time calling or emailing DJI.  You cannot plead your case.  If your product was DOA, you will be treated the same as if you'd owned it for months and decided to take it for a swim.  Just use the website and set your expectations low.

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Per the tracking number, the package is on the way, the local team will take care once the unit arrived. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2018-1-15
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
United Kingdom

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-15 09:29
It made me laugh that on the 3dr page you've linked to, they've listed a trolley to transport your drone with - not quite mavic portability
(I don't want to get into any DJI vs other brand argument here, as I think all drones are pretty amazing technology, it just made me laugh!!)

lol ... I have to say I didn't look that far! agree with you on the technology front though.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13944 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 18:58
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. Per the tracking number, the package is on the way, the local team will take care once the unit arrived. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace

Can they expedite the return shipping and repair/replacement process?
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_DSNuHJ0 Posted at 2018-1-16 12:26
Can they expedite the return shipping and repair/replacement process?

I guess no expedited repair/replacement process...  DJI has had possession of my RC for nearly 2 full business day, but it is still in the "Product received" state.

How long should it take to confirm that the RC will not power on?
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_DSNuHJ0 Posted at 2018-1-18 17:39
I guess no expedited repair/replacement process...  DJI has had possession of my RC for nearly 2 full business day, but it is still in the "Product received" state.

How long should it take to confirm that the RC will not power on?

The general turnaround is about 5-7 working days. An email will be sent to you as long as the tracking number is available. Thanks for your patience.
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-18 23:19
The general turnaround is about 5-7 working days. An email will be sent to you as long as the tracking number is available. Thanks for your patience.

I'm aware of the standard turn around time of 5-7 business days, which is why I asked that it be expedited given that my product was dead on arrival.  My post was to  update the readers of this thread to notify them that a dead on arrival product does not qualify for expedited processing.  I will continue to update this thread as I go through the process.  That way others will know what to expect or potentially make other purchase decisions.

Current state....  I paid full price for a brand new DJI Mavic Pro on December 31st and as we near the end of business on January 19th, it doesn't look like I will have working one anytime soon.
2018-1-19
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0
lvl.2
United States

It looks like DJI will have it in its way back to me by tomorrow.  

Despite my request for expedited return shipping, they chose to ship it back via UPS ground.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_DSNuHJ0 Posted at 2018-1-22 18:52
It looks like DJI will have it in its way back to me by tomorrow.  

Despite my request for expedited return shipping, they chose to ship it back via UPS ground.

Sir, per the case log, your case is in normal procedure, and the local team is trying to help you figure it out. It takes some time to update in UPS website, and your understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-1-22
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 19:19
Sir, per the case log, your case is in normal procedure, and the local team is trying to help you figure it out. It takes some time to update in UPS website, and your understanding is highly appreciated.

Not sure what you're trying to say...  

Are you suggesting that you are shipping my RC back using a method faster than what's indicated on the UPS site?

Or are you suggesting that it's normal for DJI to ship defective products to their customers and refuse to even expedite the shipping to help resolve the issue quickly?
2018-1-22
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_DSNuHJ0 Posted at 2018-1-22 21:50
Not sure what you're trying to say...  

Are you suggesting that you are shipping my RC back using a method faster than what's indicated on the UPS site?

UPS is shipping service level still shows ground, so I guess the latter?
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0WngkX
lvl.2
United States

Update: I did receive an RC back from DJI late last week and on a positive note, it worked!  I'm fairly certain that it was refurbished because it came in a generic box wrapped in bubble wrap and and was not synced with my AC.  From that I can only assume that it wasn't mine and it wasn't new.  In an attempt to be certain, I contacted DJI, but they could not tell me if it was refurbished or new.

On another note, since the beginning of this train wreck, I've been asking DJI if they are going to do anything to make this up to me.  There has been a little progress on that front, but not much....  On 1/24 (over 3 business days ago) I received an email stating that I would be contacted within 48 hours by a member of DJI management team.  Unfortunately, I have not yet been contacted by anyone from DJI's management team.
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0WngkX
lvl.2
United States

Update: Since it has been nearly a week since I was informed via email that I would be contacted by "management" within 48 hours and DJI hasn't responded to any of my replies to that email, I decided to give DJI a call.  After being transferred to a supervisor, I was informed that the voicemail I received from non-management telling me to expect a call from management caused this case to be closed.  Square that circle...

The supervisor that I spoke with created a new case and said that I would be contacted in 24 - 48 hours.  We'll see...

On an unusually positive note, both the supervisor and the representative were nice, empathetic, and spoke intelligible English.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0WngkX
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_DSNuHJ0WngkX Posted at 2018-1-30 17:42
Update: Since it has been nearly a week since I was informed via email that I would be contacted by "management" within 48 hours and DJI hasn't responded to any of my replies to that email, I decided to give DJI a call.  After being transferred to a supervisor, I was informed that the voicemail I received from non-management telling me to expect a call from management caused this case to be closed.  Square that circle...

The supervisor that I spoke with created a new case and said that I would be contacted in 24 - 48 hours.  We'll see...

DJI "management" called today.  Unfortunately, it was a few minutes before I had to be in a meeting, so I asked that they call back at another time.  "Management" refused that idea, and without taking the time to understand the situation, offered me a set of propellers for the inconvenience they've caused.  

Unbelievable!  Why offer anything at all?  This is a $1000 product, propellers are like $9.  My Mavic shipped with 6 of them, and I never intend to need more than 4.  I would  have honestly preferred that they just admit that they don't stand behind their product and are terrible at customer service.  I'd liken this to a shoe company shipping a pair of shoes who's soles fell off before they arrived.  To address the issue, they send you a pair of shoes that someone else has already walked 1000 miles in and for your inconvenience, they include an extra pair of laces that you'll likely never need.

During the call, I was informed by "management" that I could have exchanged my Mavic for a new one through DJI since it was defective when it arrived, but "management" couldn't explain why their representatives were unable to assist me with this even though I spent  hours on the phone with them seeking exactly that outcome.

After all this, my Mavic, spare batteries, and other accessories are all on their way back and I'm done with DJI.  As much as I wanted a Mavic, I refuse to spend my money with company like this.  I'll wait for a competitor to come out with a foldable drone.  I hope future DJI customers read this thread and make an informed decision.  Don't buy DJI!  I'll do whatever I can, from telling my story on social media, to writing reviews to keep others from making the mistake of buying a DJI product.
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_DSNuHJ0WngkX
lvl.2
United States

Since I returned my Mavic, I promised the propellers DJI offered me to someone who needed them because of a minor crash as a result of a Mavic equipment failure.  DJI has not been very helpful to this person either, but he cannot return his because he's had it for almost a year.  I think DJI has some major quality problems, but I guess that's a subject for another thread.

I received an email from DJI on 1/31 stating that I would receive a tracking number for my propellers when they ship.  Since I promised them to someone else, and that was the last I'd heard from DJI, I sent them an email yesterday asking for a tracking number.  The replied with a tracking number.  When I looked up the number, the package shipped on 2/1 and UPS made a delivery attempt on 2/7 and is now holding my package at a local facility until the 14th.  I am and will be out of town beyond the 14th, so it looks like DJI has managed to fail me and another customer again.

Why on earth would they require a signature for propellers?  Who is making the decisions at this company?  Just when I thought there's no possible way to be more disappointment and disgusted with DJI, they managed to surprise me.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules