Solid Red Lights?
1916 6 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlane03012000
New

United States

Our DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus has been working great. However, yesterday we ran into trouble. With the controller off, the phantom lights are normal, but with it on, the lights are solid red. We cannot get the motors to turn or anything. We charged everything, but cannot find the problem.

2015-4-22
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Try connecting it to your PC and the Phantom assistant software and perform an advanced calibration on the IMU. Also, check your RC to see that it is binding with the Phantom (green indicator on underside of the Phantom).

2015-4-22
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Connect with the Phantom Assistant software and see if you can get a better error description from it since it can be IMU, compass or RC midpoint calibration problems that can result in that error.
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Had you flown it same day already?
If not
Any chance it was magnetized or exposed to something?
I would check the IMU as suggested and check for errors
2015-4-22
Use props
mlane03012000
New

United States

We had not downloaded the software, but we just did. When we hook the chord to the phantom, the software said "connect to controller". So I don't think its sensing my controller. Everything is turned on, so I don't know what the problem could be.
2015-4-22
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

mlane03012000@y Posted at 2015-4-23 04:09
We had not downloaded the software, but we just did. When we hook the chord to the phantom, the soft ...

you also need to install the DJI Windows driver if you're running windows OS otherwise it will not detect the Phantom when connected.
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

mlane03012000@y Posted at 2015-4-23 04:09
We had not downloaded the software, but we just did. When we hook the chord to the phantom, the soft ...

mlane,
As much as I also feel you should be able to take it out of the box and fly it, it is not inexpensive as you know..Much like a new or new to me car, I check all the fluids etc. regardless of what the dealer or seller has told me and most times it was worth the check!..just my .02 and hope you get it sorted...if you are looking for a good reference, here is a list of screens I put together that may assist you to make sure what you see is accurate...look at the second post in the thread..
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9937
Happy flying...
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules