New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (11/1/2018)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hyprmtr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 949642 ft
United States

Please share GPL source code. Thank you.
2018-1-11
Use props
fans4bce42a9
New
Flight distance : 858163 ft
United States

Please share the GPL source code as you are legally required to do.  Thanks
2018-1-11
Use props
5sFWSQ0vZ0op
lvl.1
United States

Please share the GPL Kernel Source Code. Thanks.
2018-1-11
Use props
Carlcox89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18806 ft
Portugal

Could you please share the GPL source code ?

Thanks in advance
2018-1-11
Use props
infil00p
New
Flight distance : 2073 ft
Canada

Can you share the GPL source code, please?

Thanks!
2018-1-11
Use props
fanse0561dd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2986007 ft
Germany

fans61699a75 Posted at 2018-1-11 09:06
Can some one please explain what is linux kernel?

It's basically the core of the mavic's and other drones' internal operating system.
See more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel

Everyone's asking because DJI is legally obliged to release the source code of it, according to the GPL license. And if they don't, they could get sued…
2018-1-11
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

update went well.after 3rd time :/ 2 times via phone.dead.3rd time via usb cable.took almost half an hour to clean the mess.no new battery firmware.but all is working for now....
2018-1-11
Use props
suksumuksu
New

Greece

please share the GPL source code
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2018-1-11 07:54
It is still possible to downgrade (confirmed), so if all goes wrong...  Just don't ask about it here!

"Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete".
So no, in a word.
2018-1-11
Use props
Ping^Spike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293189 ft
United Kingdom

Hello. Please share the GPL source code.

Ta.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-1-11 09:41
Hi all, I've just upgraded to latest firmware (from 1.04.100) and I wasn't prompted to also upgrade spare batteries, is this normal? This upgrade isn't needed for batteries?  Thank you very much

That is normal as depends if batteries are affected by the FW. Good to know - thanks
2018-1-11
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-1-11 09:12
Haha, wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not as I was reading that.  I'm in the NO LIFE category and I personally love playing around with technology and exploring new updates.  It can be frustrating at times because it doesn't always go as planned, but that is part of the fun!

Hehe, no sarcasm from me...I watch your YouTube content and even enjoy that too
2018-1-11
Use props
jeffb2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 99777 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 10:41
"Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete".
So no, in a word.

That post you replied to was not a question....it's a statement.
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 10:41
So no, in a word.

Their information is wrong, it can be downgraded still. Just did it.
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_YDo2Ssl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242428 ft
Russia

Please publish the kernel src. Don't violate GPL please.
2018-1-11
Use props
jKson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1815223 ft
Russia

I want to see kernel source code, according to GPL. Thank you!
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jeffb2002 Posted at 2018-1-11 10:44
That post you replied to was not a question....it's a statement.

Misread it. But good for others to know anyway who read through
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-11 10:45
Their information is wrong, it can be downgraded still. Just did it.

Thats good to know. Why did you downgrade it so soon after upgrading?
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 10:56
Thats good to know. Why did you downgrade it so soon after upgrading?

To confirm it was possible. I have already upgraded it back to the latest.
2018-1-11
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

I'm now updating, like all previous versions...
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-11 10:59
To confirm it was possible. I have already upgraded it back to the latest.

You wouldn't of needed to downgrade it. When DJI prohibits downgrades it simply does not give the option below the latest version you upgrade to.
2018-1-11
Use props
FlyingLess
lvl.1
United States

Please share the GPL Kernel Source Code. Why is this taking so long?
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 11:01
You wouldn't of needed to downgrade it. When DJI prohibits downgrades it simply does not give the option below the latest version you upgrade to.

To confirm it was possible, I would have needed to do it, or wait for someone else to.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-11 11:03
To confirm it was possible, I would have needed to do it, or wait for someone else to.

If the previous FW is listed you can downgrade to it. If it is not listed you can not. My point is you didn't need to upgrade your FW, then downgrade your FW then upgrade your FW - which would have taken more than an hour just to test if you can downgrade it. If the previous FW is still listed after the upgrade you can downgrade.
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 11:07
If the previous FW is listed you can downgrade to it. If it is not listed you can not. My point is you didn't need to upgrade your FW, then downgrade your FW then upgrade your FW - which would have taken more than an hour just to test if you can downgrade it. If the previous previous FW is still listed after the upgrade you can downgrade.

You are wrong.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assure you that I am not as I've been flying these drones for years. You've simply just wasted an hour of your life mate and with all due respect I don't intend to waste anymore of mine in this futile conversation. Cheers.
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 11:10
I assure that I am not as I've been flying these drones for years. You've simply just wasted an hour of your life mate and with all due respect I don't intend to waste anymore of mine in this futile conversation. Cheers.

Thats great, glad you have been flying drones. While you were flying drones, I was working in the embedded device security industry, for the last seven years. It only took me about 15minutes to figure out how to enabled downgrading. At this point, I'm quite confident I understand the mechanics of the firmware flashing system used on DJI devices more than you.

Again, you are wrong.
2018-1-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded, walked to the patio door with the intention of doing a test flight and it's raining. Tomorrow's forecast is for more rain. May be next week before I can fly it according to the weatherman dude.
2018-1-11
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

Where is the GPL kernal source code?
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-11 11:14
Thats great, glad you have been flying drones. While you were flying drones, I was working in the embedded device security industry, for the last seven years. It only took me about 15minutes to figure out how to enabled downgrading. At this point, I'm quite confident I understand the mechanics of the firmware flashing system used on DJI devices more than you.

Again, you are wrong.

And I'm a Director of a Bank in London - what's occupation got to do with it (thats a statement by the way).
15 minutes? It took me seconds to work out how to downgrade as the option simply shows in the list of FW updates available. If DJI do not list the FW (which is why they notify that in the description of the FW) then you can not downgrade unless you hack DJI's FW - is that what you do?
2018-1-11
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

It is the fastest update done !!! No errors .... no visible changes! ..for MP
2018-1-11
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Sorry YOU are wrong...

If you would take some time to read what is posted on this forum before telling someone he is wrong!

Downgrading FW version is possible, DJI just has to give you permission to do so! In the past several users got permission to do so because of the problems they had... they simply had to put a previous FW version into your account (thats why you have to login with DJI-assistant 2)...

I have just updated to the newest FW, took about 20 minutes to do so... When the weather is better I will go out and fly my MP...
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2018-1-11 11:25
Sorry YOU are wrong...

If you would take some time to read what is posted on this forum before telling someone he is wrong!

I assure you I'm right, I dont feel that posting exact details here would be appropriate, but if you want to contact me privately I will explain the process to you, including sharing a write up on the vulnerability.

I attempted to explain the vulnerability to DJI, but they were uncooperative in my attempts.
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 11:22
And I'm a Director of a Bank in London - what's occupation got to do with it (thats a statement by the way).
15 minutes? It took me seconds to work out how to downgrade as the option simply shows in the list of FW updates available. If DJI do not list the FW (which is why they notify that in the description of the FW) then you can not downgrade unless you hack DJI's FW - is that what you do?

You were bragging about your expertise in drones based on your time.

15 minutes to find a vulnerability in the update system that allows me to downgrade to any previous firmware. Something you are trying me isn't possible.

Since I no longer care about this account, there is the tool I wrote to enable downgrading, exactly what you are ignorantly saying isn't possible.

https://github.com/CunningLogic/DUMLRacer
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-11 11:31
You were bragging about your expertise in drones based on your time.

15 minutes to find a vulnerability in the update system that allows me to downgrade to any previous firmware. Something you are trying me isn't possible.

It isn't possible, through DJI... As I suspected - you're either a hacker or a troll - you surprise me in being both...
Thanks for the link though but I wouldn't trust that to effectively downgrade anything. So I am right - via official channels.
2018-1-11
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 11:36
It isn't possible, through DJI... As I suspected - you're either a hacker or a troll - you surprise me in being both...
Thanks for the link though but I wouldn't trust that to effectively downgrade anything. So I am right - via official channels.

Very possible. You can continue to amend your statement, but doesn't change the fact that your original statement is still very wrong.

I'm not trolling. A hacker? I have no problem with that title, I prefer security engineer however. With your attitude towards security, I'm a tad concerned for your customers.

You said it wasn't possible, I'm saying it is. Additionally they didn't update the wm220.cfg.sig file, no hack is needed to downgrade back to 01.04.0100, but i assume you know that with your "years of experience".

So yes, you can freely downgrade to v01.04.0100 without any hack or third party tool.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, put it this way - it is not possible without hacking! Which is not something I advocate for safety reasons. If you originally stated you can downgrade by following this link to hack DJI’s FW you would have saved both of us a bit of time. If you also read back you may just notice that I actually state it IS possible to downgrade (officially) IF the downgrade option is available in Assistant 2. My point was that you don't need to waste time downgrading to prove it can be done if the option is still listed.Having just upgraded to .200 I am pleased to see that the option to downgrade to .100 is still there. However, I won't downgrade now to test it and upgrade again (like you did) as I know from personal experience that you can - for as long as the option is listed (hacking aside of course). And what on earth is my not wishing to hack the FW on my drone got to do with my customers - thats hysterical!
2018-1-11
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

Just unboxed my new alpine mavic and have just updated the firmware for the first time, its a bit dark in the uk to fly for the first time. such a shame
2018-1-11
Use props
fansce04c9dd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1573658 ft
Sweden

please share the GPL source code
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_PCKUUJi
New

United States