New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (11/1/2018)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-12 07:13
You know, if DJI provided what they are suppose to with the firmware releases, then people wouldn't need to make the requests. Seems to be the problem here is DJI.

Get used to it, this is how each firmware announcement thread will be until DJI does right. This is also the result of posting in ONE forum asking for help from other DJI owners, wonder what it would be like if it got posted in more...

Whatever...

You win. Guess I will find a new forum. I'm sure you probably spammed the rest of them, right? Nothing better to do? Screw it up for a bunch of folks that could care less about your issues with DJI.
I'm willing to bet the vast majority of DJI pilots could care less about source code.
Good job. Have fun...
2018-1-12
Use props
fans5ec322f9
New

Netherlands

Can we finally get the source code please? Stop this Bs, I think it is about time....
2018-1-12
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2018-1-12 07:23
Whatever...

You win. Guess I will find a new forum. I'm sure you probably spammed the rest of them, right? Nothing better to do? Screw it up for a bunch of folks that could care less about your issues with DJI.

Vast majority care more than they know, your drone wouldn't fly without it, and the work of OSS contributors (like me) have put into it.

Your welcome, all we ask for in return is that DJI comply to the license.
2018-1-12
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-12 06:33
Because for the past year the requests have been going on privately. DJI has played games with the people requesting source. They have made false promises, danced around the issue, done everything possible to delay it, and sometimes outright said no.

Since the polite private tactic isn't working, the tactic has been changed. Public requests, and working with a copyright holder to file an injection against DJI imports.

Have they ever released it before?  older firmware version, different model drone?
2018-1-12
Use props
Ping^Spike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293189 ft
United Kingdom

DJI, please release the source code.

kthxbye

2018-1-12
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CynicalZombie Posted at 2018-1-12 07:43
Have they ever released it before?  older firmware version, different model drone?

Not to my knowledge, if you view their opensource page, the they only have mmctools and busybox. Busybox was only posted after the copyright owner initiated some legal legwork, which could have stopped imports of DJI's products to various countries.

I don't know the story of how mmctools came to be posted, I can only assume something similar.
2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keeping on topic, I have just updated my Goggles, Mavic & RC to latest build using DJI Assistant 2. To wet to fly, but all functional testing indoors looks good.

For those who have never updated before, then patience is the name of the game. All the updates end with an update completed notice and a circle with a green tick. For the Goggles and Mavic there are a download, a transmit (data being passed to devices), and update phases each of which takes time and may stop for minutes at some point as the hardware reboots or updates. For the RC I seem to remember it was download then update.
2018-1-12
Use props
web_parrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[Off topic snark:]  -> Holly Crap... [ back on topic: ] -> you finally optimized the "startup music"   [ snark continues: ] ->  ... how did you EVER find the time ?!?
2018-1-12
Use props
storemaster78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246115 ft
Austria

storemaster78 Posted at 2018-1-12 02:38
I just checked, but goapp does not prompt for new FW. How can I force to update?

Is ok now... update notice popped up now
2018-1-12
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

G_Sig Posted at 2018-1-11 17:23
And still sound at startup? That must be good feeling.

Yeah, it seems... normal?
2018-1-12
Use props
fansd237607d
New

United Kingdom

Please share the GPL source code, Thanks.
2018-1-12
Use props
jcazares
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-12 07:57
Keeping on topic, I have just updated my Goggles, Mavic & RC to latest build using DJI Assistant 2. To wet to fly, but all functional testing indoors looks good.

For those who have never updated before, then patience is the name of the game. All the updates end with an update completed notice and a circle with a green tick. For the Goggles and Mavic there are a download, a transmit (data being passed to devices), and update phases each of which takes time and may stop for minutes at some point as the hardware reboots or updates. For the RC I seem to remember it was download then update.

Thanks for this update. I might need more patience then. My update errored out 4 times each on my iphone 6s and macbook air. Might need to keep going until it works.
2018-1-12
Use props
drn3px69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

drn3px69 Posted at 2018-1-11 17:38
Already updated, waiting for the weekend

Bad news for me. I flew the first 3 batteries after the update to v01.04.0200
Before with the v01.04.0100 I did not have any problem. Never a error.
Now, in the first session I get 2 or 3 times the "Aircraft Disconnect". The only method that I found to reconnect again was landing, turn off all, and turn on again.
The 3rd battery, Mavic flight without problems, but the 2 first was a nightmare...
All my devices with the latest firmware, mobile SMG S8+.

AH!, and when I arrive to the flying zone and turn all everything I receive the message of update the "Fly Safe Database"... Obviously I ignore in this moment. But this is the reason wich I created this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127534
I hate arrive to the flying zone and receive notifications of updates, more when 2 hours before I worked in update everything at home.

2018-1-12
Use props
Bone9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 595951 ft
Romania

Ohai! I can haz Kernel source code?
2018-1-12
Use props
Hyprmtr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 949642 ft
United States

Hello,

I’m just checking if the source code has be released yet. Please let me know.

Thank you
2018-1-12
Use props
DonMigel1979
lvl.4
Germany

Which  video formats are supplied now by the goggles?
Is it possible to watch mp4 vids from the card now?
2018-1-12
Use props
Venom7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3957 ft
Pakistan

all your base are belong to us!
2018-1-12
Use props
Virgil Quick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

My question is this; when and if you do get the source code what the heck are you going to do with it?
2018-1-12
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Hello dji it would be so very kind of u to maybe uh....release that source code? Kthxbai
2018-1-12
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Virgil go back and read the last 10 pages
2018-1-12
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Virgil Quick Posted at 2018-1-12 10:41
My question is this; when and if you do get the source code what the heck are you going to do with it?

Personally, I will begin auditing dji modifications to the source, and as stated in my previous post, hopefully raise money for my local special olympics outfit via DJI's bug bounty
2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DonMigel1979 Posted at 2018-1-12 10:27
Which  video formats are supplied now by the goggles?
Is it possible to watch mp4 vids from the card now?

I've just viewed 1920x1080P @ 30 and 60 fps in .mp4, also 1920x1080P @ 30fps in .mov on the Goggles, no 4k nor 2.7k support.
2018-1-12
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

I want me some colonel sauce too!!!
2018-1-12
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

Just as we, citizens of whatever nation, have to abide by the laws and not fly above a certain height, not drive over the speed limit, not pirate software, etc,  DJI is uing modified opensource software and not releasing the modified source back to the community as it is required by the opensource licencing agreement.

If I were to post a video doing illigal things with my drone, all the do gooders would be all over it, telling me how naughty I was...
2018-1-12
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Is this update for the " Mavic Pro Platinum" too? or just for the "Mavic pro"? thank you!!
2018-1-12
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

法轮功 Posted at 2018-1-12 16:34
Compile it, of course! And check it for more bugs... like we did with their FTPD, which they have subsequently fixed (and not thanked me for).

[view_image]

Nasty overflow there! Good spot! Glad they fixed it.

For those not in the know, this is a remotely exploitable bug. Any one that managed to connect to your drone's wifi (And their are ways to guess /crack that password), they could have taken over your drone or crashed it.

This is a GREAT example why complying with OSS licenses can lead to safer devices
2018-1-12
Use props
DaveRave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201768 ft
United States

b00gerSugar75 Posted at 2018-1-11 03:28
Well... who’s up first?!  I am a update junkie but I’m headed to work. I will update tonight. Hopefully there will be some “all good” reports when I get off.

I'll follow.  Newbie here.  I have no problem with my Mavic Pro.  Got the notice today about the upgrade while doing some test flying in 8 mph mile an hour winds.  Mostly learning to fly it with out input errors. As well as some 'moves' I've yet to see. Let everyone knows how it goes!
2018-1-12
Use props
DaveRave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201768 ft
United States

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-11 10:45
Their information is wrong, it can be downgraded still. Just did it.

And?  Some of us are learning...
2018-1-12
Use props
RolandW
lvl.2
United States

My first Platinum had camera problems, and UPS brought the replacement today. I decided to just update everything to the latest this time. The aircraft firmware update took maybe half an hour, and then a few minutes with each of the two other batteries after they triggered "Incompatible firmware" warnings. Updated the controller FW too, and my Huawei Ascend XT2 phone to the latest GO 4.
After calibrating the IMU and tweaking a few settings, I tried the GO 4 simulator, and got the same motor current warning that I got with my first Mavic, which never popped up while actually flying. I hope to take this one outside day after tomorrow.
What's different about the startup tune? Same old thing as far as I can tell. A Stones medley would have been nice.
2018-1-12
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DaveRave Posted at 2018-1-12 18:12
And?  Some of us are learning...

and learning is great! The entire reason I bought the drone was to learn how the work, from the inside out. No issue with someone being wrong, and wanting to learn. I took issue with someone flaunting years of experience as proof of being right.
2018-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

anyone had any issues yet with new firmware???
2018-1-12
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Did not update yet.. Not much apparently in this release?!
2018-1-12
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

CA Mavic Pro Posted at 2018-1-12 23:01
Did not update yet.. Not much apparently in this release?!

what??????? are you kidding me ??? startup music  has been OPTIMIZED... finally

Dji would you kindly "please share the GPL source code" ? that's part of your duty... so why this is ignored? thanks
2018-1-13
Use props
b3da
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578169 ft
Czechia

DJI please share the GPL source code! thanks
2018-1-13
Use props
Osman_SG
New
Singapore

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-12 04:38
Have you updated the RC ?

Then checking firmware in 'About' in general settings menu, you will see and be able to check for any 'flysafe' database updates. I don't think there is any battery firmware update, but using another battery might prompt an 'inconsistent firmware' response if it weren't up to date.

Thanks Aardvark,

I'm very new to the Mavic Pro and was unable to get the App to prompt me to update the RC firmware.  I tried connecting the phone to the USB port in the middle of the RC but I didn't get any prompt to update the firmware.

However the App still prompts me to update the drone's firmware (red band with the version number that is already confirmed installed on the drone)

Thanks,

Oz
2018-1-13
Use props
Bachi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172064 ft
Argentina

djiuser_yMoVJ0w Posted at 2018-1-11 14:37
new to the site guys, just wondering if i have my mavic set to return home, could i still get a fly away?

Best way to reduce chances of your drone drifting away is to make 100% sure your RTH location is recorded at take off and,  a
s soon as you start having RC signal problems or erratic drone response, SWITCH OFF your remote.
A clear cut RC signal is your best chance at the bird reacting and returning home
2018-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Osman_SG Posted at 2018-1-13 02:01
Thanks Aardvark,

I'm very new to the Mavic Pro and was unable to get the App to prompt me to update the RC firmware.  I tried connecting the phone to the USB port in the middle of the RC but I didn't get any prompt to update the firmware.

If you connect to the full sized USB port on the Mavic controller, then the small cable needs to be unplugged from the micro USB port on the left hand side, otherwise the full sized USB will not work.
Another way to check and install updates is to run an Application called DJI Assistant 2 on your PC/Mac, this can be used to update the Mavic & the RC when they are connected to computer via a USB.
2018-1-13
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Source code please DJI  : )
2018-1-13
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

Got a short flight today.Seems ok. Will check for video and photo now. And got a warning wind too strong so landed. And mavic tipped a bit while landing.....but there seems to be no problems. 14 sats locked and handled pretty good wind gusts....
2018-1-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Traditionally most Mavic firmware releases have included Easter eggs (undocumented "features"), and I'll be surprised if it turns out this one's any different. Personally I doubt very much that DJI went to the trouble of pushing out a new firmware release just so the three-note startup sound would be more melodious, but maybe I'm wrong and they're all just really big music lovers.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules