Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (11/1/2018)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Colombia

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-1-14 10:37
Marcustuck those features have been there in active track...

New to my Mavic, the Phantom has had them for while....
2018-1-14
Use props
Lorenzo Facchin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236677 ft
Italy

Upgrade done. Today was everything OK.  3 flights, more than 1 hour, almost 16km. No problems at all.
2018-1-14
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

One thing I did notice, in order to see the Pano photos properly you need to have the directory structure that was created during the upgrade and place the photo in \DJI_PANO\org. If you format the SD within the Goggles you will lose the directory structure. There are other directories as well so I copied them all to my PC and can always copy them back if I lose the them on my SD.

DJI please fix this.

2018-1-14
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-1-14 09:34
The GPL argument is a good one, however it is making this thread worthless. There are those of use that just want to know if the FW is safe and you all are making it difficut. Please stop and open a new thread. Thanks!
==
I upgraded and had an issue with the vision sensors... after climbing slowly to 50ft OK, 100ft OK, 300ft OK and flew around a bit, I attempted to lower altitude and it just wanted to land anytime I pulled down on the left RC stick. It was as if it though I was 1.5 ft off the ground when I was in fact 300 ft. I checked the sensors when I landed and nothing on the sensors, no fog or frost. It was cold out but I made sure the AC had a good 5 minute warmup inside prior to flight. I will test again today after Church and see if it happens again... this time I wont go so high during a test. Everything else seemed fine.. no errors and pre-flight checks all checked out OK.

So I can confirm it is an issue with Livestream - Facebook is what I tested.
After stopping a live broadcast and pushing down on the left stick it says "landing" at any height... I was 150 ft at the time.. it moves VERY VERY slow and then when it got 10 foot off the ground started acting like it was in sport mode.

I am soooo rolling this back or parking it until DJI fixes this. WOW DJI! Really?!?!
This was a BASIC function that should have been tested! arrrgh!
2018-1-14
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

b00gerSugar75 Posted at 2018-1-11 03:28
Well... who’s up first?!  I am a update junkie but I’m headed to work. I will update tonight. Hopefully there will be some “all good” reports when I get off.

I could be as you know New Zealand Gisborne is the first city in the world to see the new light of each new day! So if I open DJI each morning I'd have the latest information.............but nah I'll keep my ornament safe until you do it
2018-1-14
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-1-11 09:41
Hi all, I've just upgraded to latest firmware (from 1.04.100) and I wasn't prompted to also upgrade spare batteries, is this normal? This upgrade isn't needed for batteries?  Thank you very much

Yes all spare batteries other wise you keep getting the bs before you fly and power down. Pain when you have four batteries
2018-1-14
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

Why is the update so slow to download? It keeps timing out. So far have been downloading for about 1/2 hour and it up to 41% but just stopped  again. My internet is stable and running at around 80mbps even while it is downloading.

Edit: while typing this it stopped at 42%. I reached over and hit the continue downloading button again (third or fourth time during downloading this update) and it went back to 25% and stopped almost immediately. This is ridiculous.

Edit 2: a few minutes later it jumped back up to the 42% and had continued since then. 20min later it’s now up to 78%. At this rate is is going to take just over an over to download 217mb on a 100mbps internet service. Are the servers that loaded up with people updating?

Edit 3: ensure batteries are at least 50%..  only up to 89% downloaded and controller is down to 80% batt and MP is down to 67% batt...
2018-1-14
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

You update through DJI Go 4 app or DJI assistant 2?
On Assistant you can update remote and aircraft seperately and the whole update for controller took only one or two minutes (only have 25 mb/s download speed).
The aircraft needed 15-20 minutes.
2018-1-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

All is good, thanks DJI
2018-1-14
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Bucefalo Posted at 2018-1-13 01:04
what??????? are you kidding me ??? startup music  has been OPTIMIZED... finally

2018-1-14
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Updated: Now it flies slower
And image transmission is now 500ms compared to 200ms
2018-1-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Maxheadspace Posted at 2018-1-14 09:22
What phone are you using?

I am using a Galaxy S8 ...
2018-1-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

randygd Posted at 2018-1-14 08:40
I am not sure what you mean by (Mavic did not perform return to home). As I understand RTH if you engage it to close to the home point that was set it will land right then and there. See the manual. I think you have to be at least 65ft from your home point or it will indeed land not at the home point but where ever it is at that moment.

What I mean by this is that the craft begon to land as soon as I lost control. I was not very far away indeed - approximately 50 meters or so. I also did not initiate RTH myself, I pulled on the sticks to come back, but somehow the connection between the Mavic and the controller had been lost and the craft initiated the landing. Normally you can disturb this process using the remote, but just until the last moment it was not responding to my efforts to do so.
2018-1-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Marcustuck Posted at 2018-1-14 05:37
I have had the drone 'lock up' a few times, often during Pano photography.  I have found that pressing and holding the red pause button on the controller stops whatever process has hung up and you regain control.

I recognize it as well. Especially while commencing of the 360 pano the app would freeze. This was already the case by the v01.04.0100. I never lost the connection between the craft and the remote up to that point.
I do not hope I ever need your hold button tip but in case I do - thanks ...
2018-1-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-13 15:58
We are on topic, the offer should be with the firmware announcement, or the firmware itself. There is no direct firmware release point, so this post is the appropriate place.

Each firmware announcement thread will be like this until DJI stops defrauding the OSS community and their customers.

You really make me feel very sorry for you ...
2018-1-15
Use props
m15alien
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mavic and RC upgraded ( v01.04.0200 ) via DJI Go App (android version).
It took about 30 "long" minutes, but it was OK.
Just made three flights (two full batteries) using the pano mode, no issue at the moment.
2018-1-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

tomekyo Posted at 2018-1-13 13:51
I've been following this topic last two days just to gain some info about how the newest update goes. Unfortunately there are way too many people crying about GPL, making it real pain to see what one is looking for.
This aside, yesterday I updated the latest firmware and I already regret it deeply. Until today I had much confidence in Mavic and the connection between the remote and the craft. Despite the app crashing on me a couple of times I alway (till today) had control over the craft. With the latest firmware on the first flight the app crashed at about 4 minutes into the flight and I couldn't reconnect it. I tried several times but without any luck. Mavic hung approximately 80 meters above and 50 meters away from me, in the air obviously. At first I struggled to reconnect the app and after several attempts I decided to bring her down to reboot.
I was very surprised when I noticed I didn't have any control at some point and the aircraft was landing on its own. The yellow tail light was blinking furiously and she was coming down behind the fence, before I was standing. ( Mavic did NOT perform "return to home" - was just landing at a random place) Just before touching down in way too tall grass I suddenly regained control and brought her back to safety. I rebooted the craft  the controller and the app an carefully took off again. This time everything worked fine.

Sunday I did some more testing with the newest firmware and this is what I found out.
The latest version of the Go app on my Galaxy S8 starts way slower than it used to - to begin with. The app crashes every time when I power the remote and the Mavic before I run it.
If I start the app first, then power the remote and eventually the Mavic - everything works fine, without glitches. Even using of the panorama mode doesn't crash the app as it used to in the previous version.
I also discovered a collision avoidance system BUG. Normally when it was getting dark I got a message that the system had not enough light to work and would disable itself. Now when switched on it will bring the Mavic to a stop each time I do a full stick deflection - front elevator.  I had to disable the system all together to be able to fly at all.
Last thing which I find very annoying and came along the previous version already is that Mavic is the speed of the craft while flying in the wind. As the wind I mean max 4B but even in the much lower wind speeds the Mavic is very sluggish. Sometimes it goes not more than 8 km/h or even less. I flew it in the wind of 6B before and was then struggling, but I wouldn't dare it to do it again. In Sport mode there are no problems.
Enough whining about Mavic firmware, let's start again about the Code and GPL - just kidding.
Cheers  
2018-1-15
Use props
RebWeb
New
United Kingdom

Yesterday I had a second play after updating just around the garden taking 180 and 360 panos. App lost connection on the second battery and would not reconnect until I rebooted the phone after landing, rebooting the app had no effect. It continued to fly on sticks fine. I haven't had that happen before so currently I have rolled back the upgrade but weather is set to be foul all week so it will be a while before I get the chance to test again.
2018-1-15
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906358 ft
Spain

Hello,
I have updated yesterday night and I got one error while updating.
iPhone 6 Plus
iOS 11.2.2
MAVIC previous 01.04.0100 to 01.04.0200
RC previous 01.04.0100 to 01.04.0200
Goggles RE previous 1.00.0002 to 1.00.0100
DJI GO4 4.1.22(3037)

AC turned ON, RC turned ON, Goggles RE turned ON, everything conected and working.
I start update from DJI Go4, Error while updating at 56%, I have turned off goggle RE and retry, everything seems to be OK.
Impossible to update goggles RE with remote and DJI GO4, Message "Lastest firmware detected..." click CONFIRM and do nothing.
Need to install DJI Assistant V2 1.2.0 on PC and flash from PC, and it works.
Now everything is connected and seems to work, I will try in flight and report.
Regards.
2018-1-15
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

Awesome Goggles FW - can play mp4, mkv from the SD card (copied from my computer to it)... nice and thanks - no need to attach a firetv stick anymore ;)
Would be really nice if 3D SBS or even 3D full frame MVC would work
2018-1-15
Use props
Merkin
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ill do this update soon. hopefully no issues.
2018-1-15
Use props
Oranges
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458356 ft
Malaysia

RebWeb Posted at 2018-1-15 02:54
Yesterday I had a second play after updating just around the garden taking 180 and 360 panos. App lost connection on the second battery and would not reconnect until I rebooted the phone after landing, rebooting the app had no effect. It continued to fly on sticks fine. I haven't had that happen before so currently I have rolled back the upgrade but weather is set to be foul all week so it will be a while before I get the chance to test again.

Had the same issue just now on 2nd battery (1st battery everything was fine). Upon startup of 2nd battery, app shows aircraft disconnected (restarted app, restarted phone (S8) to no avail). Had to turn off AC, RC and restarted app for it to detect.
Stick controls were working fine.

Odd, haven't had this issue before on previous firmware. (Updated through DJI Assistant on PC).

Also noticed a problem with obstacle avoidance system as it won't turn off in low-light conditions anymore? Had issues landing in dusk until I manually turned it off.

Other than that no other reported issues.
2018-1-15
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bigcheese Posted at 2018-1-15 06:02
Awesome Goggles FW - can play mp4, mkv from the SD card (copied from my computer to it)... nice and thanks - no need to attach a firetv stick anymore ;)
Would be really nice if 3D SBS or even 3D full frame MVC would work

Wow, good that you mention that. Did not work on my last try! Great!!!
Movies in 1280x60 are not liquid, 1280x30 or 720x60 are great.

2018-1-15
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded last Friday and flew my drone on Saturday. I didn't have any issues at all except that my battery lasted only 15 minutes due to high wind. I had to update my aircraft with my DJI 2 Assistant because I didn't get any prompt in my DJI GO 4 that it needs update. I wanted to make sure that I will be able to fly my drone with no problem before my trip. Like what I said, the update with DJI assistant was smooth, the only weird thing is I didn't get the prompt from DJI GO 4 app. And I didn't notice any change in the start up tune. Thoughts?
2018-1-15
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 2018-1-15 02:01
You really make me feel very sorry for you ...

You guys are whining about other customers requesting what they are entitled to..... instead of just scrolling down, you have to whine and moan ...
2018-1-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Installed Firmware update this morning, Updated Go4 App the other day.  Flew this morning.  Ran through 3 full batteries and the ONLY problem I had was a minor flicker on the video feed ONCE.  Other than that, perfect performance.  
Samsung Note 5,  running 7.0
EDIT:  Ok..  Check the same old stuff after every update.  RTH altitude,  Max Range, Camera settings (naming specificatons...)  Other than that, it was a flawless day.  
2018-1-15
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

Oranges Posted at 2018-1-15 06:36
Had the same issue just now on 2nd battery (1st battery everything was fine). Upon startup of 2nd battery, app shows aircraft disconnected (restarted app, restarted phone (S8) to no avail). Had to turn off AC, RC and restarted app for it to detect.
Stick controls were working fine.

I also had 2 "aircraft disconnected" errors in flight and had to bring mavic down and restart AC and RC.
Never had this kind of issue before this firmware upgrade, now I'm just scared to fly again...
2018-1-15
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

ReleaseTheSourc Posted at 2018-1-15 09:38
You guys are whining about other customers requesting what they are entitled to..... instead of just scrolling down, you have to whine and moan ...

I don't have much experience with this drone yet or DJI for that matter so I have no opinions about this new bird but one thing I can comment on perusing this thread alone is you are one very annoying person.
2018-1-15
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I never had those issues either with app disconnecting on s8+ was using newest .22 app from android store rolled to an earlier version of go 4. flew 4 batteries no problems. So i dont think its the fw, i think its the app itself causing probs....besides mavic pro reg didnt get any kind of software for craft itself, update was mostly for goggles.
2018-1-15
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Rl XXl why is he annoying for looking out for the better of things when it comes to dji's software?  Why because u have to read through a few more posts? Seriously? He is definitely not off topic in this thread. I wish some of you guy's would see the bigger picture here, really.....idk Maybe its good u dont have experience with drones or dji in general....
2018-1-15
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-1-15 17:03
Rl XXl why is he annoying for looking out for the better of things when it comes to dji's software?  Why because u have to read through a few more posts? Seriously? He is definitely not off topic in this thread. I wish some of you guy's would see the bigger picture here, really.....idk Maybe its good u dont have experience with drones or dji in general....

I have extensive experience with drones, built a few racers including programming them using open source. Ever hear of LibrePilot? Let me help you with that, http://www.librepilot.org/site/index.html

The annoyance comes in the fact that most people flying these birds could careless about HOW they work, only that they DO work.

That person in this thread has been nothing but argumentative with only one demand as I see it, he/she wants the source code, ok I get that but it has not one damn thing to do with the subject matter as far as the end user is concerned that couldn't tell source code from an led blinking on the ass end. Enough is enough.

This thread is about the latest FW and it's side effects if any, NOT the source code or if/when it may be released if at all.

2018-1-15
Use props
Oceanlord
New
Flight distance : 15958 ft
United States

Here's a solution that immediately worked for me after 4 hours of trying to upgrade and each time failing.  I read this from another forum, " Just a little bit of info for some people, not sure which ISP you all are using or Router type but we have been testing different Internet Service Providers with updating different firmware on DJI drones and found out some interesting things about which ones work and which ones stall and never work and etc. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that it is very possible that it is your router type or Provider, I however have found that turning on your cellular data option allows it to work everytime (with strong 4G LTE IT IS pretty fast) I upgraded in 14 minutes."    I hope this helps :-)
2018-1-15
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

tomekyo Posted at 2018-1-15 01:58
I recognize it as well. Especially while commencing of the 360 pano the app would freeze. This was already the case by the v01.04.0100. I never lost the connection between the craft and the remote up to that point.
I do not hope I ever need your hold button tip but in case I do - thanks ...

Such occasions happen to Spark too.  According to DJI staff in store, they said that has some to do with the drone’s on board processor speed.  For spark is noticeable especially if you try to do panorama at night.
2018-1-15
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Did the update last weekend, it took 2 go's , everything seems to be OK . haven't test flight has yet  regards Alex
2018-1-15
Use props
dydog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11627 ft
Italy

The bigger picture? I am sure you guys are also among those believers that the earth is flat, and maybe want to use a drone to prove it.
2018-1-15
Use props
fansa98a4b10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36 ft
Canada

Hi all,
I have disabled auto update for the DJI Go app but do I need to do anything else to avoid an automatic firmware update?  I just prefer to keep my Mavic with it's older firmware for the time being.
2018-1-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Oceanlord Posted at 2018-1-15 18:32
Here's a solution that immediately worked for me after 4 hours of trying to upgrade and each time failing.  I read this from another forum, " Just a little bit of info for some people, not sure which ISP you all are using or Router type but we have been testing different Internet Service Providers with updating different firmware on DJI drones and found out some interesting things about which ones work and which ones stall and never work and etc. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that it is very possible that it is your router type or Provider, I however have found that turning on your cellular data option allows it to work everytime (with strong 4G LTE IT IS pretty fast) I upgraded in 14 minutes."    I hope this helps :-)

Problem is not your provider. It is your wifi. If you are on 5Ghz, it will update over wifi. If on 2.4Ghz, your connection will drop because AC and AR are on.
2018-1-16
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I updated yesterday, Mini 4, via WiFi, took about an hour total, but no problems. I think I am on a 2.4Ghz system. While updating thought, It did not let my copilot (wife) stream Sirius XM during that time though, so pilots be aware.  Didn't get a chance to fly and test out the up date, hopefully, today.
2018-1-16
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Actually its received internet etiquette to not try and take over an established message thread with a separate (even if tangentially related) subject. Its kind of rude. Always better to start a fresh thread under a directly relevant subject heading. Maybe the list moderators should have picked up on this one and suggested as such - however contributing to the forum we are all subject to this forum's T&Cs .. check out section III: Threads and Posts ... nuff said.
2018-1-16
Use props
fans41db052e
New
Flight distance : 66621 ft
United States

I believe they are continuing the geo fencing upgrading. I fly in a area a lot that requires authorization.... it keeps changing with each update.
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules