New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (11/1/2018)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea dydog thats it the earth is flat....is that what we believe hillbilly? Come on guy dont say stupid things. seriously u sound slow
2018-1-16
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Thanks lamplighter55 for that
2018-1-16
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

So when will an upgrade come out that doesn't crash several times a flight?
2018-1-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2018-1-16 01:04
Problem is not your provider. It is your wifi. If you are on 5Ghz, it will update over wifi. If on 2.4Ghz, your connection will drop because AC and AR are on.

That should make no difference at all to the update process, the 2.4GHz wifi from display device to router should not drop out (Routers continually change channels for best reception, as does the Mavic). However some routers (dependant on their firmware build) can be more susceptible to wifi problems, or poorer wifi signal to start with.

My preferred method for upgrading is to use DJI Assistant 2 on a PC with an Ethernet link to router. Then there's no chance of local interference causing problems with the download. Aircraft, RC and Goggles can all be upgraded directly via this method.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_ZvXVwQ5
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi guys! I am from istanbul and my english not good enough. I just want to ask you about that is there any distance limit for new firmware ? And which firmware is the best to fly maximum distance limit (7km) when i go more then 1 km RC signal lost. What shall i do ? Can you please teach me ?
2018-1-16
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

djiuser_ZvXVwQ5 Posted at 2018-1-16 12:08
Hi guys! I am from istanbul and my english not good enough. I just want to ask you about that is there any distance limit for new firmware ? And which firmware is the best to fly maximum distance limit (7km) when i go more then 1 km RC signal lost. What shall i do ? Can you please teach me ?

Remember that if you fly 7km away you haven’t enough battery to return home !
2018-1-16
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

djiuser_ZvXVwQ5 Posted at 2018-1-16 12:08

you have lost the signal after firmware update?
2018-1-16
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-16 09:02
That should make no difference at all to the update process, the 2.4GHz wifi from display device to router should not drop out (Routers continually change channels for best reception, as does the Mavic). However some routers (dependant on their firmware build) can be more susceptible to wifi problems, or poorer wifi signal to start with.

My preferred method for upgrading is to use DJI Assistant 2 on a PC with an Ethernet link to router. Then there's no chance of local interference causing problems with the download. Aircraft, RC and Goggles can all be upgraded directly via this method.

I agree with this. Works every time for me where as when I tried over wifi had issues every time. I suspect interference between system messing up the internet. My wife notes that if I start the MP up in the lounge, she cannot get onto the internet via wifi.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_ZvXVwQ5
lvl.1
Turkey

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-1-16 12:43
Remember that if you fly 7km away you haven’t enough battery to return home !

I cant go even 2 km. After 1km its says rc signal lost. Return home. With last firmware can you go more then 2-3km ?
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_ZvXVwQ5
lvl.1
Turkey

integer Posted at 2018-1-16 13:34
you have lost the signal after firmware update?

No! I bought my mavic in october. When i open it first time, its ask me about upgrade and i did it. And i never go more then 1 km. Always same error "rc signal lost" yesterday i did downgrade to fix it but still same. What about if i upgrade to last firmware can i go more then 2 km away ?
2018-1-16
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

djiuser_ZvXVwQ5 Posted at 2018-1-16 15:18
I cant go even 2 km. After 1km its says rc signal lost. Return home. With last firmware can you go more then 2-3km ?

It also depends what's between you and the flying Mavic; in my case, I sometimes gets good range, and sometimes not, as I have a large experimental communications lab close to where I fly.

Not sure if they sometimes run experiments, but at times the signal is very poor.
2018-1-16
Use props
makattack
lvl.2
United States

That should make no difference at all to the update process, the 2.4GHz wifi from display device to router should not drop out (Routers continually change channels for best reception, as does the Mavic). However some routers (dependant on their firmware build) can be more susceptible to wifi problems, or poorer wifi signal to start with.

My preferred method for upgrading is to use DJI Assistant 2 on a PC with an Ethernet link to router. Then there's no chance of local interference causing problems with the download. Aircraft, RC and Goggles can all be upgraded directly via this method.

I'll add my own anecdotal experience, and won't suggest others try it, but it worked for me. I was updating via DJI Assistant 2 on a Windows machine with a WiFi connection (2.4GHz) that was fine speed-wise on downloading the controller firmware, but when the Mavic Pro was turned on, the thru-put was atrocious. When it got to about 25% through, I realized my slightly over half charged battery was insufficient, so I powered it down while it was downloading and noticed the throughput increased significantly. When the download status reached 96%, I powered up the Mavic Pro and it finished the download in about 5 minutes, and successfully applied the upgrade.
2018-1-16
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Completed upgrade today. Plugged Mavic Pro into desk top which is connected to internet via an Ethernet cable. Worked fine first time. I had limited time available to fly so did a quick check through settings, and a short flight to check all controls were working and then return to home and the precision landing was about an inch off initial take off point. Seems all was well. Not tried distance or photography modes - maybe tomorrow if the wind drops.
2018-1-16
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

I've upgraded my MP to latest firmware, using DJI Go App 4.1.22 (android), now randomly I get "aircraft disconnected" while flying. Never had this kind of issue with previous firmwares, anyone else is experiencing this problem?
2018-1-16
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

djiuser_ZvXVwQ5 Posted at 2018-1-16 15:18

do you flight with open air? If drone flights over trees, building etc I think it's normal ad DJI says on manual
2018-1-17
Use props
Oranges
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458356 ft
Malaysia

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-1-16 23:36
I've upgraded my MP to latest firmware, using DJI Go App 4.1.22 (android), now randomly I get "aircraft disconnected" while flying. Never had this kind of issue with previous firmwares, anyone else is experiencing this problem?

Me and several other members here are having the same issues. Dare not fly too far away now as it may just happen suddenly.

Flew 6 times, 2 times i got aircraft disconnected midway. Only way to fix it is to restart aircraft and RC . Thankfully stick controls still work and could bring the drone home.. Waiting patiently for a solution besides downgrading . Might be Dji  App update, or firmware itself, unsure.
2018-1-17
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Oranges Posted at 2018-1-17 00:58
Me and several other members here are having the same issues. Dare not fly too far away now as it may just happen suddenly.

Flew 6 times, 2 times i got aircraft disconnected midway. Only way to fix it is to restart aircraft and RC . Thankfully stick controls still work and could bring the drone home.. Waiting patiently for a solution besides downgrading . Might be Dji  App update, or firmware itself, unsure.

Thank you very much for your reply, is exactly what I'm experiencing.
I'm thinking of rolling back to previous firmware until DJI will fix this problem.
2018-1-17
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Italy

Furthermore I don't think it's a problem related to Go App because I was using 4.1.22 before upgrading firmware and never faced the problem
2018-1-17
Use props
JohnSmith168
New

Cambodia

Hi Admin,

Last month I already bought a Mavic Pro after reading a review from this page: https://10techy.com/best-drone-cameras/.
Do you think this drone is already using this new firmware or I need to update it? And how to update it?

Cheers,
2018-1-17
Use props
Oranges
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458356 ft
Malaysia

Numero 5 Posted at 2018-1-17 01:19
Furthermore I don't think it's a problem related to Go App because I was using 4.1.22 before upgrading firmware and never faced the problem

Hmm, Okay, i'll give it a couple of days, if there's no response i'll proceed with the downgrade (too much of a hassle with slow internet) .

Hopefully it gets rectified soon.
2018-1-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

The update process no IF the firmware was already downloaded, the download process YES. Both devices are on same 2.4Ghz, but the dB on the craft/rc is much stronger, so it is yelling over the wifi signal and the wifi devices will not "hear" eachother again till you turn it off.

At home, my wifi stays connected and after a while windows will say no internet anymore... over 2.4Ghz. For some people this is the "I cant upgrade over wifi but works over 4G".

This is the reason.

2018-1-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2018-1-17 03:00
The update process no IF the firmware was already downloaded, the download process YES. Both devices are on same 2.4Ghz, but the dB on the craft/rc is much stronger, so it is yelling over the wifi signal and the wifi devices will not "hear" eachother again till you turn it off.

At home, my wifi stays connected and after a while windows will say no internet anymore... over 2.4Ghz. For some people this is the "I cant upgrade over wifi but works over 4G".

I'm still not buying it, they are using the same frequency bands, but not the same frequencies as they will be using different channels. And the digital wireless formats are different with Mavic using Occusync & display using wifi (802.11 a,c,n ?). With wifi using packet switching then any errors would force a resend of corrupted data packet.

If what you said was true then every wireless 2.4 GHz Band Mavic upgrade would fail because of incompatible technologies.
2018-1-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-17 03:40
I'm still not buying it, they are using the same frequency bands, but not the same frequencies as they will be using different channels. And the digital wireless formats are different with Mavic using Occusync & display using wifi (802.11 a,c,n ?). With wifi using packet switching then any errors would force a resend of corrupted data packet.

If what you said was true then every wireless 2.4 GHz Band Mavic upgrade would fail because of incompatible technologies.

Incompatible no...

But if you know a bit about modding for example your router, you can, if you have a compatible chipset, install DD-WRT, a opensource firmware, and you can modify your wifi Tx power but it is documented not to do se, because you can annoy your neighbors with it, to cripple their wifi, because you broadcast to loud.

For example: my wifi router has a following default Tx power on 2.4GHz :
Tx-Power:16 dBm (40 mW) default

This is ONLY 40mW!

Did you know how much mW your remote puts out? Guess not... 100mW in Europe and a whopping 398mW in the US!

So even on Europe, you are broadcasting more then twice as loud on the same band. Channels will help almost nothing.

If I would modify my router,which I can, I could even set Tx Power 31 dBm (1258 mW) , but I won't, because that is illigal and no-one in my building will have wifi anymore!

Another small thing: bluetooth, what frequence do you think that is on? 2.4Ghz! And guess when, you stream from a phone that is next to your microwave and you turn it on, your music over bluetooth might start to stutter!

But hey, believe what you want. When the mavic came out, many people complained about loosing wifi when they used their craft indoors.
2018-1-17
Use props
Mavdude
lvl.4
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-17 03:40

Plasuable!
Given that the drone wifi signal is quite strong compared to your wifi, and also if the channels being used are very close, it would not be hard to drown out the wifi signal.
I have had other devices kill my internet and the output of them is still much less than the drone.
There will be many corrupted packets, hence why it will go so slow, assuming that the bootloader is not turning off the wifi when in programming mode.

Try putting a tin foil hat over the drone!! Or stuff it in a ferrite lined lead box.

If using wifi, make sure your computer is between the wireless router and drone.
2018-1-17
Use props
TomHTx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35059 ft
United States

When I tried to do this latest upgrade I made the huge mistake of having everything close to each other.  The download was taking forever, and kept failing or timing out.  Then my desktop pc, which had nothing to do with the download, showed "no internet".  It occurred to me that there might be interference being generated by the drone or related items.  I left the drone where it was, but moved the iPad and rc to another room, about 30 ft away, and the change was immediate, and dramatic.  Got it completed with no further problems.
2018-1-17
Use props
fans59d4c2ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214436 ft
Switzerland

What the actual F...K all the people spamming this thread for stupid gpl code.... Please create your OWN thread ! 9 pages and 8 for these useless GPL code just because you want to change the code to fly in non fly zone... PFFFF
2018-1-17
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

Hey DJI, could we FINALLY get the GPL code released as required? Thanks a bunch!
2018-1-17
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Colombia

The way I get around the drone jamming the wifi is to power it up and put it about 50m away.  The phone in the controller can then pick up the wifi without the drone jamming it, but the drone is close enough that the software updates well.  I have never got the assistant software to work as with the drone connect by a USB cable the computer losses the wifi.  This is one of the reasons why I would like to be able to download the firmware to my phone and then transfer it to the drone later, I guess DJI don't want to do that for software security...
2018-1-17
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Alrighty! a thread about new firmware and it is off topic as hell..........bwahahahahaha
2018-1-17
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

Hotelone4 Posted at 2018-1-17 14:18
Hey DJI, could we FINALLY get the GPL code released as required? Thanks a bunch!

I have been duly authorized to inform you and others that DJI will terminate your account if you continue to disrupt this thread with off topic conversation.

Create a separate thread to discuss your concerns or you will be deleted.
2018-1-17
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_ZvXVwQ5 Posted at 2018-1-16 15:20
No! I bought my mavic in october. When i open it first time, its ask me about upgrade and i did it. And i never go more then 1 km. Always same error "rc signal lost" yesterday i did downgrade to fix it but still same. What about if i upgrade to last firmware can i go more then 2 km away ?

The flight distance depends on the location take off and flight route.  DJI claimed 7km max distance actually is the most ideal environment which I haven’t found each place thru out every where I travel yet!
2018-1-17
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Oranges Posted at 2018-1-17 00:58

Flew 6 times, 2 times i got aircraft disconnected midway. Only way to fix it is to restart aircraft and RC . Thankfully stick controls still work and could bring the drone home.. Waiting patiently for a solution besides downgrading . Might be Dji  App update, or firmware itself, unsure.

In that case, I would not update mine Platinum as DJI trend to has bad reputation in new firmware release.
2018-1-17
Use props
RolandW
lvl.2
United States

I flew my new Platinum for the first time yesterday after updating the aircraft, controller and DJI GO to the latest versions. Only problem was the app crashing a few times. Running it on Huawei Ascend XT2 phone.
2018-1-18
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I also flew test flight yesterday, very windy and cold so cut it short, after I did a WiFi update to FW with Mini4, running current iOS and GO4 app. all devices and router sitting right next to each other. NO Problems with up the date and with test flight. I have never had the app crash during a flight. Never had a problem updating FW over WiFi the first time I tried.  I feel bad for those of you that do. Takes the fun out of flying this drone.
2018-1-18
Use props
fans5aee5495
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The goggles can now play .mp4 films with sound via the microsd card. Another great feature of the goggles with the latest firmware.
2018-1-18
Use props
yuumee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

Nazar78 Posted at 2018-1-11 04:11
No significant update for Mavic Pro unless you use the Goggles? One of 2018 disappointments

There are - just they won't tell you about some of them ;)
2018-1-19
Use props
fansa95ed05f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1335732 ft
Norway

Do you know what the improvements are? - besides the mentioned goggles updates.
I've also updated the firmware, only flown one battery. Worked fine, no issues with iPhone 7(latest iOS and GO-app)

Not seen any differences compared to the old .100 firmware though
2018-1-19
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906358 ft
Spain

Hi all,
Disconnection issues are only with Android, iOS or both?
I have to work with my MP tomorrow and it would nice to know that in order to choose my iPhone 6+ or my Samsung.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.
2018-1-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Eric SCHEIDECKE Posted at 2018-1-19 09:53
Hi all,
Disconnection issues are only with Android, iOS or both?
I have to work with my MP tomorrow and it would nice to know that in order to choose my iPhone 6+ or my Samsung.

Sounds like issues with both platforms.

I say take both phones with you and try both. See which performs better.
2018-1-19
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2906358 ft
Spain

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-19 10:12
Sounds like issues with both platforms.

I say take both phones with you and try both. See which performs better.

Tku, I'll take both, the problem is that it is a long distance job!!!
I will cross my fingers.

PD: In all disconnection issues, the Aircraft is supposed to return home?!?! This is true or it is only theory?
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules