Question for DJI gurus, Z3 and zoom with right RC wheel???
703 8 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any way that the right RC wheel can be programmed to adjust the zoom with my Z3? It's a real pain to be flying and have to remove my hand from the RC to tap the T/W on the tablet screen to zoom in/out. If not an option anywhere withing the App maybe the DJI programmers can work something out to make it happen in a future FW update? Would just be nice and get the good shots flying solo, to not have to stop to zoom or to fly only with one hand on the RC.
2018-1-11
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Have you tried holding C2 and turning the left wheel? Works to focus with the X5, maybe it controls zoom with the Z3?
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-1-11 05:46
Have you tried holding C2 and turning the left wheel? Works to focus with the X5, maybe it controls zoom with the Z3?

I have my C2 set to bring the camera/gimbal back to forward. But no I haven't tried holding it. Will give it a shot and see what happens.
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-1-11 05:46

well you are awesome!!!

holding down the C2 button and moving the Left wheel does in fact zoom in/out
2018-1-11
Use props
martinfueloep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Great that it works! And a pitty, that you can't find this information in the manual.
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-1-11 17:36
Great that it works! And a pitty, that you can't find this information in the manual.

I bought both the Inspire 1 Pro and the Z3 used. So got no manual for either.

But thank you for the help non the less
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Martin has posted the method to adjust zoom manually, this is how it works, glad to know you figured it out, please let us know if there is any further problem. Happy flying.
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-1-11 17:36

The manual is Junk as far as I am concerned, you can use it as a guideline but the forum gives you more detailed information .

Sad it is like that

donnie
2018-1-12
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-12 05:31
The manual is Junk as far as I am concerned, you can use it as a guideline but the forum gives you more detailed information .

Sad it is like that

yea there should a a sticky thread someplace per each drone model with all the hidden features and useful stuff. so questions like these dont need to clutter the forum.
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules