Goggles first week, suggestions and small bug
855 5 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5d4c8662
lvl.1
South Africa

Loving my new goggles, which has breathed new life into my Mavic flying.
Really impressed with image quality, now i can spot branches and powerlines much better, even look around for obstacles using head tracking.
I saw on a thread below that the central arrow shows you the direction of the drone, but in my experience it points you back to the home point. I will test this further. If I am correct then I really like this, more useful than just a directional arrow.

Some suggestions for future Goggles feature updates:
>Exit head tracking and return gimble to centre when goggles removed/lifted. At the moment all my videos end with a tilt up to the sky as i flip the goggles up to land.
>Instead of overriding the Remote's controls (C1, C2 and the 5D buttons) by default when the goggles are connected, please instead do this as an option? I really want to still be able to focus/lock AE or zoom with the 5D button.
>Add function to zoom image if on low resolution feed from within the goggles or RC only. I have only been able to do this by sliding 2 fingers apart on my mobile, but its not practical if you have to raise the goggles to look at your phone to do so.

>More customisation of what telemetery to add/remove and their look (different kinds of arrow/AR center icon for headtracking).

Goggles software issue:
>It is well known that connecting the Goggles or selecting a different transmition quailty in the Goggles can override the camera/video recording formats. But another thing I noticed is that if I power down the Goggles to continue flying with RC/Phone only, the gimble can now only be raised to 0 degrees (not 30 degrees upward) despite what you set on your phone. To rectify this i have to shut down everything and start again and once connected on my phone I can tilt the gimble upwards again.

2018-1-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Totally agree. Definitely make the exit from head tracking easier.
2018-1-11
Use props
hengheng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136001 ft
Hong Kong

>Instead of overriding the Remote's controls (C1, C2 and the 5D buttons) by default when the goggles are connected, please instead do this as an option? I really want to still be able to focus/lock AE or zoom with the 5D button.

Actually, you can also focus & zoom with the override buttons.
Press C1 to enter the “focus mode”, then you can control the cross hair and press 5D button to focus, 5D button left and right are used for zoom in and zoom out.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I will help you forward it.
2018-1-14
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

For headtracking exit just swipe down with 2 fingers then tap the head trackimg mode u were on ...done....now to zoom with goggles tap fn button and swipe from your ear to front of goggles. To zoom back out do reverse swipe then exit with fn.....to focus quickly with goggles tap fn move head around to where u want your focal point tap touch pad to focus.
2018-1-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-1-22 06:29
For headtracking exit just swipe down with 2 fingers then tap the head trackimg mode u were on ...done....now to zoom with goggles tap fn button and swipe from your ear to front of goggles. To zoom back out do reverse swipe then exit with fn.....to focus quickly with goggles tap fn move head around to where u want your focal point tap touch pad to focus.

Good tips. Had a hard time exiting head tracking yesterday.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules