Questions from a beginner
780 8 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarisK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64291 ft
Germany

I have my sparkle for 2 days and read a LOT about it. BUT I have some question I'd love to have a answer to.

1. What happens if I fly with Phone only and I loose signale because of exceeding the range. What exactly will happen?

2. What if I'm connected with Phone only and start a dronie, the drone starts flying away from me and looses connection?

3. What if I'm connected with Phone only, fly up in my backyard and tell the sparky to circle my house to get a nice view of it and it looses connection while flying around it. Will it just stop and fly back, or will it successfully circle the house and fly back afterwards?

Thanks!
2018-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For all 3 if you lose connection spark will wait 20 seconds then return home, trying to circle your house needs a bit of thinking as you will have to fly above your house and try to circle from that height your Aircraft will circle while spiraling upwards, I know from experience that you need plenty of open space to use this mode HELIX.
If your only beginner and you have RC I would advise using it starting out, or if not just be careful using phone.
Good luck.
2018-1-11
Use props
BarisK
lvl.3
Germany

Thanks for your answer, I'll not use Helix but rather only circle. So you need always a connection for all quickshots to function?
2018-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BarisK Posted at 2018-1-11 06:22
Thanks for your answer, I'll not use Helix but rather only circle. So you need always a connection for all quickshots to function?

As far as I know, Spark needs connection to finish its mission,
2018-1-11
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Also provided that it is still in P-GPS mode when the link between phone and AC is severed. If it is in ATTI mode, it will start drifting, I think?
2018-1-11
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

I suggest that you have at least 10, Satellite connections before you fly out, and connection between your aircraft and your cell phone is subject to surrounding's interference. Proceed with caution. If you lose the connection and you have confirmed the RTH before you fly out (with enough SATs as mentioned earlier), you should be fine. The Spark should find its way back to you after 20 secs of LOS.

You're new, so take a slow and fly low for a while till you feel more comfortable with the control.
2018-1-11
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Your spark will hover once it reaches max distance\height when using a phone
2018-1-11
Use props
BarisK
lvl.3
Germany

Thanks for all the answers guys, you answered everything I wanted to know.
I ALWAYS wait for full GPS and min. 10 Sattelites and won't take off before. I don't want my drone to fly away because of my fault.
So yeah, that's why I ask so much questions and want to be 150% sure about what will happen

2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BarisK Posted at 2018-1-11 10:35
Thanks for all the answers guys, you answered everything I wanted to know.
I ALWAYS wait for full GPS and min. 10 Sattelites and won't take off before. I don't want my drone to fly away because of my fault.
So yeah, that's why I ask so much questions and want to be 150% sure about what will happen

Barisk, I would recommend you read our manual carefully. There is a lot of info about RTH in different situation. If you have any doubt, you can contact us. Thanks for your support.
RTH.PNG
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules