Android DJI GO 4 (4.1.22) not linking RC or AC to Pixel XL.
1059 3 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stelios3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1713 ft
United Kingdom

Hello All,

I'm experiencing an issue linking my RC / AC to my Pixel XL running Android 8.1.0 using the DJI GO 4 (4.1.22) application.
My Pixel XL successfully connect to the RC's wifi network via both methods (manual and/or QR Code), however the application does not accknowledge the connection.

Most recently - the application was operational until I had to update the Spark's firmware to the latest version. The update kept failing and I began to experience this issue. I then succesfully updated the Spark's firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 (desktop) application, however I'm unclear as to whether my RC also requires an update and/or whether it's automatically updated via the Spark's firmware.

Nevertheless, I'm now unable to operate the DJI Spark using my Pixel XL which is infuriating to say the least. I'm interested in learning whether I'm the only one currently experiencing this issue and whether or not anybody has had a similar problem and has a solution to suggest.

Any support on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stelios.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Stelios, I would recommend you connect your phone with RC first and update it in the Aircraft Status. Can you search the wifi of RC through your phone? If not, please try to reset the wifi of spark. Or you can change a mobile and see if it can connect your RC, then upgrade it. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-1-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

First of all, please mention the version of all your firmwares.  Then reset the SPARK wifi by holding the power button until you here three beeps. Switch the SPARK OFF and then restart the SPARK and press the power button again until you hear 1 beep.  Then try linking RC with SPARK and RC with mobile device.
2018-1-11
Use props
SteliosTheo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1713 ft
United Kingdom

Update!

The issue appears to have been with the Pixel XL's wifi connection and not DJI's product(s).

Although the Pixel XL signalised it was connected to the Spark's RC, the DJI GO 4 application did not recognise the aforementioned connection and therefore couldn't link. What appears to have happened is the default android notification which signalled connection slightly misleading and the WiFi connection did exist, however wasn't actually active until I confirmed a notification prompt which said something along the lines of (I do not recall the exact prompt word-for-word) 'Stay connected to this network, despite there not being an active internet connection'.

The notification prompt which upon confirmation resolved the issue did not pop up on every connection, therefore if one is to encounter a similar issue, I encourage you to find the option of staying connected despite of a lack of an internet connection in your device's Android settings.

@DJIElektra - Thank you for your prompt support and despite the proposed resolution not being that of which resolved the issue, I sincerely appreciate your efforts and now completely acknowledge it wasn't DJI's fault and in fact Android's!

@S.J - Thank you also for your suggestion(s), however I do feel as though your tone was ever so slightly condescending and unnecessary given your suggestion was tremendously basic and thus one (you) should assume that such a resolution had already been attempted. I do however completely appreciate that on this forum you're supporting people with varied levels of experience and common sense, therefore assumptions are subjective and not objective.

Nevertheless - Thank you all and I'm glad this issue has been resolved, not only for myself but for anybody else of whom experiences such an issue in the future.

Kindest regards,

Stelios.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules