Support improvement?
894 16 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62129 ft
United States

I am in the midst of a long and drawn out repair issue with my Mavic Pro that I purchased in October. I sent the first drone for replacement after many issues with the camera focus and exposure issues. I was excited to get the replacement drone only to find it too had camera issues. The drone I received from the repair facility would not focus for still photos at all. After one flight I contacted support again and arranged for a second return. I was extremely frustrated at this point. I also asked to talk to a supervisor to express my disappointment at having to return a Mavic for the second time. This is when things improved for me. I have received multiple phone calls updating me on the status of my second return, and shipping was expedited to the repair facility. Yesterday I was informed that the Mavic will be repaired under warranty as expected. I expect it will be returned expedited as well. I look forward to updating this thread once I receive my (hopefully) fully functioning good as new Mavic Pro. After much frustration initially, it seems that DJI is working to improve their support structure. I have found also that phone conversations are much more productive than email or chat. I'll update the results of this experience once I get my Mavic back. Hopefully soon.
2018-1-11
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like you are finally getting somewhere with this, well done.

Would be good to post the number you had success with, others have written on here that they get nowhere with trying to call.
2018-1-11
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

I actually gave them my phone number in an email and asked them to call me. A supervisor called me two days after my request and has called everyday since to update me on my case. The number came up from NJ and it was 732-994-0309.
2018-1-11
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

I just got an email and my replacement Mavic has shipped. Its a different drone with a new serial number as is their practice to speed up the repair process. I will update when I receive it. Hopeful this one works well! Fingers crossed.
2018-1-11
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

mstrauss7140 Posted at 2018-1-11 09:03
I just got an email and my replacement Mavic has shipped. Its a different drone with a new serial number as is their practice to speed up the repair process. I will update when I receive it. Hopeful this one works well! Fingers crossed.

Good luck!
2018-1-11
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

mstrauss7140 Posted at 2018-1-11 09:03
I just got an email and my replacement Mavic has shipped. Its a different drone with a new serial number as is their practice to speed up the repair process. I will update when I receive it. Hopeful this one works well! Fingers crossed.

Make sure the new serial number doesn't have an R as  the last character, means it's refurbish, not new.
2018-1-11
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

I'm planning on it being a refurbished drone. That's what DJI does. It's in the fine print.
2018-1-11
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

I actually have the serial number already and it has an R in the 10th position which I believe also indicates a refurbished unit.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have to say, either calling DJI or using a DJI Administrator on here are the best ways to get things sorted.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mstrauss, we are sorry that the issue persists after the first replacement. We keep working on improving our customer service, hope you will receive it soon and please let us know its flight performance when you get it.
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_P59JmA6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 696247 ft
United States

I give up too. Please send my drone back immediately. I am suing.
2018-1-12
Use props
djiuser_elLho7T
lvl.1
Australia

DJI has after sale service department?
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_P59JmA6 Posted at 2018-1-12 05:38
I give up too. Please send my drone back immediately. I am suing.

Replied your own thread, please check it.
2018-1-12
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

I received the second replacement yesterday and was only able to fly it indoors due to the fading daylight. The camera seems to be working and focuses well. I completed the gimbal adjustment and that helped with a slight horizon tilt I was noticing. The cosmetic appearance of the drone was good, but it is obviously not new. It was packed well for shipping though. I hope to do a longer outdoor flight test soon and really test the camera functions then.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mstrauss7140 Posted at 2018-1-16 07:17
I received the second replacement yesterday and was only able to fly it indoors due to the fading daylight. The camera seems to be working and focuses well. I completed the gimbal adjustment and that helped with a slight horizon tilt I was noticing. The cosmetic appearance of the drone was good, but it is obviously not new. It was packed well for shipping though. I hope to do a longer outdoor flight test soon and really test the camera functions then.

Thanks for your update, please keep us updated if there is any further problem after flight test, thank you.
2018-1-16
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
United States

I took the Mavic out yesterday and it worked great. The biggest difference is with the focus and exposure. With my previous Mavic's, the camera overexposed everything without using ND filters. Yesterday was sunny and I was able to get good exposures and better dynamic range than with previous camera even without using the filters. The focus was also spot on. I am happy to finally get to use the drone without worrying about the output of the video and photos and focus on composition and flight controls. At the end of the flight my gimbal seemed to lockup and was not longer producing a steady video. when I banked the Mavic it tilted the whole frame. I've never seen that before.  I will reset it and check back if it continues.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mstrauss7140 Posted at 2018-1-22 06:53
I took the Mavic out yesterday and it worked great. The biggest difference is with the focus and exposure. With my previous Mavic's, the camera overexposed everything without using ND filters. Yesterday was sunny and I was able to get good exposures and better dynamic range than with previous camera even without using the filters. The focus was also spot on. I am happy to finally get to use the drone without worrying about the output of the video and photos and focus on composition and flight controls. At the end of the flight my gimbal seemed to lockup and was not longer producing a steady video. when I banked the Mavic it tilted the whole frame. I've never seen that before.  I will reset it and check back if it continues.

Mstrauss, for the gimbal issue, please calibrate the gimbal and adjust Roll axis if it tilts ans let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules