Fed up with alt/range limit!
1153 8 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GISTSC 0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 433264 ft
United States

I have a $5000+ investment in a drone that is worthless. I am fed up with every time this company puts out an update my Inspire has to go through weeks of test flights and I have to read endless forum posts to figure out how to make my drone usable again. I have spent a month fighting this geofencing crap, 80ft alt limit, 400+/- range limit. I have tried DJI suggestion of rebooting the app after batt change and after drone boot up. It takes me three or four tries if that even works. I film fast moving and unpredictable objects and don’t have time for this s##t! I am missing every shot now because of this. I am getting out of this DJI drone after three years, and feel bad about selling it to someone else. Hey DJI how about you quit f##king up our high $$$ drones by beta testing your firmware updates. I’m out!
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

have you logged into the app after most current FW updates? also why have you bothered to do the FW updates if it was working fine prior to said updating?
2018-1-11
Use props
GISTSC 0
lvl.1
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-11 08:16
have you logged into the app after most current FW updates? also why have you bothered to do the FW updates if it was working fine prior to said updating?

Yes, have tried logging out, restarting app, logging back in. As for firmware updates, good question. You would think with the past history of updates screwing up my perfectly working drone I would learn. I guess I think DJI knows what’s best, sadly I was wrong.
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get some geofence warning every now and then and warning of unpaved airports (non of which are around me)
only think I can think is fully delete the app then re-install it. also the device your using is it dedicated solely to the Inspire? if so go and delete any apps that aren't needed (bloatware) and check to see

also yes I'm sad and dissappointed I did the updates past 1.3 the top speed was faster and has since been throttled back via FW updating
2018-1-11
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15656 ft
United Kingdom

Have you considered using Litchi instead of DJI Go? It a fantastic app, far better than DJI Go and it completely unlocks the features of the aircraft. Worth giving it a second chance maybe?
2018-1-11
Use props
GISTSC 0
lvl.1
United States

Gatallica Posted at 2018-1-11 11:39
Have you considered using Litchi instead of DJI Go? It a fantastic app, far better than DJI Go and it completely unlocks the features of the aircraft. Worth giving it a second chance maybe?

Good idea, but I just tired it and the problem still exist. Even deleted everything DJI first.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GISTSC , I'm sorry to read on this, but the limitation issue has been sorted out long time ago, may I have your current DJI Go APP version, firmware version and mobile device system version please?
When the range is limited, is there any error message in the APP? If yes, please post the screenshot here, appreciate your assistance.
2018-1-12
Use props
GISTSC 0
lvl.1
United States

App Ver 3.1.24
Firmware Ver. 1.11.01.50
Device Ver. iOS 11.2.2

and only msg I get is exceeded max distance/altitude.

2018-1-22
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

GISTSC 0 Posted at 2018-1-11 12:49
Good idea, but I just tired it and the problem still exist. Even deleted everything DJI first.

It seems that your issue is with the FW then. Unfortunately, you seem to have exhausted all your options. It is best that you send it back to DJI to sort out this issue.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules