lightbridge HD to a remote screen
1501 14 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Who knows how to receice the video signal from the inspire 2 on a remote screen ?
If I use a slave remote plugged on a hdmi screen, I know it works if the distance between the master and the slave is under 100 meters.
But if the distance is wider, the slave remote is unable to control the gimbal, ok. But will I have the video via the hdmi ?
thank you for your help.
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Interesting Idea , I don't think the distance matters because if you are not using the Slave to control the gimbal or the /aircraft the video should pop up just fine as long as it is in range of the AC. The control of the AC via the slave goes through the Master but the video is sent directly to the slave .

Just my two cents , maybe others can chime on in donnie .
Just learned that it may not be the same on the Inspire 2.  My buddy Daroga gave me the heads up on that , Daroga KNOWS his stuff !!!

2018-1-11
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't get suitable answers here, try this forum as several professionals might provide greater insights -> RC Groups -- Official Inspire 2 Thread
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I may disagree with Donnie, for Inspire 2, the image transmission and gimbal control of Slave RC is from Master RC, when you turn off Master RC, the Slave RC will not control the gimbal, so does the live feed.
As for HDMI, once no image in Slave RC, there would be no video from HDMI either. Why don't you connect HDMI from Master RC?
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-12 01:04
I may disagree with Donnie, for Inspire 2, the image transmission and gimbal control of Slave RC is from Master RC, when you turn off Master RC, the Slave RC will not control the gimbal, so does the live feed.
As for HDMI, once no image in Slave RC, there would be no video from HDMI either. Why don't you connect HDMI from Master RC?

So it is different from the Inspire 1 I s that correct ?  I did mention that the Inspire 1 worked that way and was not 100% sure on the Inspire 2 .
Please be sure to mark this date down in your calender, This is hitoric as it is the first time I have been wrong..........( LOL)

*** I did try to confirm this and found this statement on the Question and answer page on the DJI Instuction manual for the Inspire 2.

from question 7 it stated that BOTH controlers would receive the SAME HD live view ( I asssumed from the Aircraft )

7.Does the Inspire 2 support Master and Slave remote controllers?

I realize things can change and be lost in translation so that is what may be the case here.

donnie

2018-1-12
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

That's a good question.  I have two remote video monitors that I power from a remote battery - one is  28" and one is 19".  I've used them both from the master and from the slave HDMI outs, alternately.   You can do it from either as long as you have the HDMI port "enabled" on the the controller that your remote monitor is connected to.  I'm guessing, though, that if you're tapped into the slave unit, rather than the master, and the slave unit is beyond it's functional distance from the master unit you'll have the same problem with imagery that you're having with "control." I'm not CERTAIN of that since I've not tried it.  

In the scenario that you describe are you still getting a video feed on the tablet for the slave unit?
2018-1-14
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-12 01:04
As for HDMI, once no image in Slave RC, there would be no video from HDMI either. Why don't you connect HDMI from Master RC?

So I'm thinking about taking the hdmi from the master and send it wirelessly to the remote TV by using HD Amimon Connex. Have you some report on this product ?
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-12 05:17
So it is different from the Inspire 1 I s that correct ?  I did mention that the Inspire 1 worked that way and was not 100% sure on the Inspire 2 .
Please be sure to mark this date down in your calender, This is hitoric as it is the first time I have been wrong..........( LOL)

Hi Donnie, the workflow of Master RC and Slave RC in Inspire 2 is different from Inspire 1.
For Inspire 2, the image transmission of Slave RC is from Master RC instead of aircraft, therefore, the quality of Master RC decides the quality of Slave RC.
We apologize for the confusion, hope I explained clearly.
2018-1-16
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 01:57
Hi Donnie, the workflow of Master RC and Slave RC in Inspire 2 is different from Inspire 1.
For Inspire 2, the image transmission of Slave RC is from Master RC instead of aircraft, therefore, the quality of Master RC decides the quality of Slave RC.
We apologize for the confusion, hope I explained clearly.

I think the problem is in translation  ( in the Manuals's ) , this is where I think things get muddy .

Thank you for the clarification , I do appreciate it .

donnie
2018-1-16
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

RikDingo Posted at 2018-1-16 01:51
So I'm thinking about taking the hdmi from the master and send it wirelessly to the remote TV by using HD Amimon Connex. Have you some report on this product ?

I am using the Connex Mini in cases as you described. HDMI out from RC into transmitter Connex. Wirless link works perfect within LOS. In my typical setup the director sits up to 100m from where the pilot and cameraman are operating. The director sits in a shady place and looks into the TV screen. The TV is fed by the connex ground station.
Easy to setup and reliable.
2018-1-16
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

Keule Posted at 2018-1-16 05:51
I am using the Connex Mini in cases as you described. HDMI out from RC into transmitter Connex. Wirless link works perfect within LOS. In my typical setup the director sits up to 100m from where the pilot and cameraman are operating. The director sits in a shady place and looks into the TV screen. The TV is fed by the connex ground station.
Easy to setup and reliable.

Thanks for your report.
I need more than 100m, I was thinking about 1000m (3000feet). the  Amimon Connex LR receptor should provide a wider range, but I did not find any test about the real range in the real world !
2018-1-16
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

RikDingo Posted at 2018-1-16 09:39
Thanks for your report.
I need more than 100m, I was thinking about 1000m (3000feet). the  Amimon Connex LR receptor should provide a wider range, but I did not find any test about the real range in the real world !

The 100m distance was just a use case in wich i were using it. I tested it without problems up to nearly 450m.
The Connex LR will definitely work with your desired range. I personally do not own the LR, but i worked on a set last year with it, and i can assure you, it will work with the range you wish to operate.

BTW, have a look at Paralinx
2018-1-16
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

RikDingo Posted at 2018-1-16 01:51
So I'm thinking about taking the hdmi from the master and send it wirelessly to the remote TV by using HD Amimon Connex. Have you some report on this product ?

I do the exact same thing with a Vaxis 1000 transmitter and receiver.  I remember reading an appraisal of the Connex system - after I bought the Vaxis - that was highly complimentary, though.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donnie "Apple M Posted at 2018-1-16 04:25
I think the problem is in translation  ( in the Manuals's ) , this is where I think things get muddy .

Thank you for the clarification , I do appreciate it .

You are welcome Donnie and we are sorry for the misunderstanding in the user manual, I will feedback to related team to get it more clear, thanks for your support as always.
2018-1-17
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

So I exposed the problem to the dji support, here is the answer :

Dear Erice,
Thank you for writing us back,
Unfortunately, DJI products do not still have the option that you want for your Inspire 2. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possible for the next firmware update/product enhancement.
Though we are unable to provide you an exact resolution time, we appreciate your suggestions that will help us improve our products. We urge you to constantly visit our link www.dji.com for the latest updates on our technology and products.
I do hope that I was able to provide you with the best customer service possible and we thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (UTC+1) via the following three channels:
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules