900mhz data link and pc ground station problems
4179 9 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pt48653
lvl.1

United States

I am using a new laptop and have for the last 2 weeks tried to get ground station running with the data link 900mhz. I have the datalink talking to the pc and the red light on air side and green/red light on ground side datalink. Open ground station and get the no network or poor network error and the connect button is dimmed out. The com port is there but nothing. I tried all the things I have read. Uninstall software-reinstall, host file, delet windows updates etc. Having the same issue on 2 laptops running windows 8.1 on both. Tonight I will try to uninstall all common software between the two and see if there is a connection. One machine is new and has just my System Mechanic antivirus which is the first thing I will delete. then maybe reflash. Its a toshib 8" tablet with windows 8.1 basic.

Homebuilt machine with:
naza M v2, led, pmu v2 and datalink 900mhz

Connect with usb to the naza and all works fine and up to date with everything on the DJI site!

Frustrating!

2015-4-22
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

What Com port is it using?  Is device manager showing the USB to serial com port?  
2015-4-22
Use props
pt48653
lvl.1

United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-23 04:20
What Com port is it using?  Is device manager showing the USB to serial com port?

It does show up in device manager correctly, the com port is 11 and I have changed the port number in device manager to 3-4-5-6 with same results. Last night I re-installed new laptop to its original and installed ground station in the order described except Windows 8.1 is not compatible with internet explorer 8 so it can't be installed???? Still same results. Controller connects through NAZA Assistant-no problems. Both my machines are windows 8.1 without ie8, I believe its 11. Google earth works stand alone. Tonight I am partitioning the HD and installing windows 7 or xp whichever is compatible with ie8 and try again then.
2015-4-23
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Mine is installed on win 7. So in the GS , com port drop down it shows com 11. Mine is on com 3. I wonder if you go into your system setup at boot to see how many com ports are listed. Mine only shows 1. You can tell it to use a different com port in device manager, then com port settings, under com port number it shows a list of com ports available as well as the ones in use. I take it you have Bluetooth on this system since it assigned it such a high port number.
2015-4-23
Use props
pt48653
lvl.1

United States

Have tried different com ports. I should be able to get into ground station and map without the data link even hooked up. I just installed Windows 7 on a second partition so I have IE8. Ground station still comes up with no internet error and no map showing. I will try to update the google maps plugin tonight. Machine was still updating windows 7 last night and not sure if it needed the latest service packs to run properly.  I'm sure I will get it working but its frustrating. I bought a new 8" windows 8.1 Basic tablet to use in the field and I get the same thing. I bought the datalink used and it had no disk so I have everything downloaded from DJI.
  As I said, I believe anyone can install the software and open Ground Station to at least connect to the internet and show the map!?!?
I'll try installing on one of my desktops also and see what happens.
2015-4-24
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

I was having problems with my Grounstation on the laptop. I could do everything with it but once the Phantom got in the air, it would disconnect. The Phantom would go through and complete the mission but the Groundstation bac me useless once the disconnect happened. I invested in a refurbished IPad rev 3 and started using it with the BTU. It works better and does not disconnect as long as I have line of sight. The Groundstation for IPad is not as good as the PC version. There are less features and the Apple maps aren't as up to date as the Google maps. Keep the posts coming as to your progress.
2015-4-24
Use props
pt48653
lvl.1

United States

FIXED!!! It was totally the google earth plug-in. Removed the dji download plug-in and installed from google online. Now have it running on my windows 8.1 laptop and tablet. Made sure .net framework 3.5 was activated, installed ground station, installed dji datalink drivers than did the google earth plugin download from web. When I first tried to open ground station it goes through installing google earth plugin again. Then have to click on ground station a second time and it works every time after that. Wow easy fix for a lot of headache.
2015-4-24
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

pt48653 Posted at 2015-4-25 10:35
FIXED!!! It was totally the google earth plug-in. Removed the dji download plug-in and installed fro ...

That's great. Maybe I should do that on my laptop to see if I have some better results.
2015-4-25
Use props
pt48653
lvl.1

United States

Worth a try, I spent hours trying to get it running and was very frustrated. I just purchased a JIYI P2 to see how it works and it was not finding the drivers and I got that fixed also. Now to get my custom designed hex running

850mm, 4108 motors, 15" props, retracts, my own design body-about 8-1/4" dia. (I have a cnc router/plaz table) cutting CF tomorrow I hope. I will be installing the data link on this along with a dslr. Can't wait. Also working on a similar hex with 12 motors (e300 2212's) hex configuration with doubled up esc's on each arm.
2015-4-25
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

pt48653 Posted at 2015-4-26 03:37
Worth a try, I spent hours trying to get it running and was very frustrated. I just purchased a JIYI ...

Wow, you are into it. Pretty nice!
2015-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules