Feature request - app or remote controller change
896 3 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyyng
lvl.3

Canada

I'm using the Takeoff/Landing shortcut on one of the customizable buttons.  It works, but only requires a quick press to takeoff or land.  I'm somewhat worried that I'll hit it accidentally, either on the ground or while flying.

Can you change the app/remote controller firmware so that when Takeoff/Landing is selected, it requires a longer press of the button to trigger?  This would be similar to the RTH button, which requires a longer press to take effect.

I think it would be safer if takeoff or landing required a more deliberate action than the quick press of the button.
2018-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Take off shouldn’t be a problem, but we know landing and RTH on the app are very close together and many have initiated wrong command and it’s not easy canceling land, using switch from P to sport will cancel landing, but yes it would help to separate these and maybe give three beeps to confirm.
2018-1-11
Use props
tonyyng
lvl.3

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-11 12:57
Take off shouldn’t be a problem, but we know landing and RTH on the app are very close together and many have initiated wrong command and it’s not easy canceling land, using switch from P to sport will cancel landing, but yes it would help to separate these and maybe give three beeps to confirm.

My first step when I fly is to power on the Spark and set it down.  This gives it the most time to get a GPS lock.
Then I fuss with the remote controller, OTG cable and my phone and get DJI GO running.  An accidental click on the button could have the Spark takeoff while I'm not paying attention.  

It only takes off and hovers, so there is limited risk.  I'd still prefer the added safety of a more deliberate action.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I think our engineers will think about them and try to optimize the app and design.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules