Spark hover
1898 10 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi guys, I'm new to drone flying, so my question is a simple one -If I let go of the left  / up stick on the controller, will the Spark drop, or maintain altitude?
Cheers
2018-1-11
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

You can put down the controller and it will hover locked in space.  There is some movement but not a lot.  That is ideal but sometimes there are problems with GPS or featureless surfaces for its downward positioning cameras, so can sink or drift up.  It has been known to drift down into water when the refective surface confuses it.
2018-1-11
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you let go of the sticks the Spark should stop and hold position including altitude providing there is a GPS lock.  If you are in trouble first thing to do is let go of the sticks.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please follow the advice above. The drone will maintain in the current height, if you don't push the controller stick. I would recommend you read the manual carefully. And you can watch the tutorial of our products: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/featured?disable_polymer=1
2018-1-11
Use props
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

Thanks guys, the feedback is really helpful. I have watched extensive footage and read up a lot about the spark - just wanted to be sure on certain issues.
2018-1-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

MyLifeInAfrica Posted at 2018-1-11 22:59
Thanks guys, the feedback is really helpful. I have watched extensive footage and read up a lot about the spark - just wanted to be sure on certain issues.

Testing your first experience on water may be your last experience on SPARK
2018-1-11
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

MyLifeInAfrica Posted at 2018-1-11 22:59
Thanks guys, the feedback is really helpful. I have watched extensive footage and read up a lot about the spark - just wanted to be sure on certain issues.

There is no better way than asking the lot in the forum. Better be safe than being sorry later.
2018-1-11
Use props
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-1-11 22:06
If you let go of the sticks the Spark should stop and hold position including altitude providing there is a GPS lock.  If you are in trouble first thing to do is let go of the sticks.

Thanks, this is what I was hoping it would do!
2018-1-12
Use props
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

S.J Posted at 2018-1-11 23:38
Testing your first experience on water may be your last experience on SPARK

This was not my intention..
2018-1-12
Use props
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-11 22:38
Hi, sir. Please follow the advice above. The drone will maintain in the current height, if you don't push the controller stick. I would recommend you read the manual carefully. And you can watch the tutorial of our products: https://www.youtube.com/channel/ ... d?disable_polymer=1

Thanks, the clip was hugely helpful.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MyLifeInAfrica Posted at 2018-1-12 08:12
Thanks, the clip was hugely helpful.

Glad that it helps you. Have fun with your drone.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules