Ocusync air system betaflight OSD
12741 37 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans31646115
New

United States

Does the ocusync air system support 3rd party flight controller OSD at all?  like f3, f4 boards with Betaflight or inav.
If no support currently, any plans to support in future?
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, please tell me the model of your device. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-13
Use props
csamaniego
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497438 ft
Chile

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-13 22:31
Sir, please tell me the model of your device. Thanks for your support.

Hi, I have CLRacing F4S, I see only the battery charge.

Please we need OSD full, or by pass the telemetry data to RC (Taranis 9XD)
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

csamaniego Posted at 2018-1-24 19:39
Hi, I have CLRacing F4S, I see only the battery charge.

Please we need OSD full, or by pass the telemetry data to RC (Taranis 9XD)

Sir, did you try to use the official accessory and fly with DJI GO 4? Thanks for your support.
2018-1-31
Use props
fans51db53e6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597769 ft
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-31 03:00
Sir, did you try to use the official accessory and fly with DJI GO 4? Is the problem remain the same? Thanks for your support.

It's a bit embarrassing when a DJI administrator asks such questions with no clue....

The documentation for OcuSync Air advertises the support of F3/F4 flight controllers. A flight controller is only a piece of hardware. Software is still needed for operation. And here, the OP called it Betaflight and iNav. And the question now is whether the OSD information provided by these world-leading OpenSource flight controller software can be displayed on the DJI Goggle with OcuSync Air. If not, OcuSync Air makes no sense at all.

No DJI GO 4 is used either, because the OP probably wants to connect a common RC transmitter via teacher function to the DJI Goggle, so that it transmits the RC commands to the OcuSync Air and forwards them via SBUS to the flight controller.

Is there anyone at DJI who knows the subject?
2018-2-3
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

Not in my experience, even the DJI "Tutorial" on the RE Gogg is misleading due to it's incomplete compatible hardware list.
2018-2-3
Use props
fans51db53e6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597769 ft
Germany

Here you can find better information....

Certainly also interesting for the administration, you can still learn....
2018-2-3
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The latest Firmware update (dated 09.Feb.2018) added some realy cool features to the OSD:

- amperage was added besides the voltage display
- the blue paper-plane has been replaced by a regular horizon-bar
- horizontal and vertical speed is now displayed

With these new features the Air Unit is even better than before.

What still is missing in my oppinoin:
- barometric height
- it should be possible to turn on/off all OSD features seperately. Currently only the original 3 OSD-features can be switched from the Googles's menue (but i think that's just an oversight)

A very good update - cant wait to test it "in the air"
2018-2-10
Use props
csamaniego
lvl.1
Chile

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-2-10 08:16
The latest Firmware update (dated 09.Feb.2018) added some realy cool features to the OSD:

- amperage was added besides the voltage display

Yes, it is an improvement, there is still hope through firmware updates.
2018-2-11
Use props
csamaniego
lvl.1
Chile

fans51db53e6 Posted at 2018-2-3 07:36
It's a bit embarrassing when a DJI administrator asks such questions with no clue....

The documentation for OcuSync Air advertises the support of F3/F4 flight controllers. A flight controller is only a piece of hardware. Software is still needed for operation. And here, the OP called it Betaflight and iNav. And the question now is whether the OSD information provided by these world-leading OpenSource flight controller software can be displayed on the DJI Goggle with OcuSync Air. If not, OcuSync Air makes no sense at all.

Completely agree with you.
2018-2-11
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Update from testing latest Version of the OSD:

Horizontal- and vertical speed works great
Obviously the OSD- overlay is done in the google's display - as it is neither recorded onboard the air unit nor on the google's live view recording. would be great if you could choose wether you want to see the OSD on the Recording or not.

The downside of the OSD overlay at the google is that there is quite a delay. I noticed that there is at least 0.5 to 1 sek delay between artifical horizon on the OSD and actuall horizon. That's not so good.

So some more improvements to the OSD would be great:

- option to record the OSD diplay, too
- less delay of the OSD (maybe if OSD overlay would be done at the air unit)
- number of satelites
- height (meters above takeoff)
- all OSD options swithable (on/off)

nice-to-have:
- GPS-coordinates
- distance from takeoff
2018-2-20
Use props
fans31646115
New

United States

GPS coordinates, home location indicator, distance to home...  these are necessary for medium/long range fpv flights.  which this ocusync air system was designed for.
2018-2-21
Use props
RiccoFX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50643 ft
Canada

It would also be nice if it support full passthru and get the FULL OSD from the f3/f4 boards... which I was hoping for but it only gives you its own 3 telemetry options...
2018-4-29
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

with the latest update added some good new features to the OSD
- number of satelites recieved
- (barometric) height
- GPS coordinates (Longitude and Latitude)

The only Problem with the coordinates is that only two decimals are displayed (e.g. Long 47.11 Lat 23.34)
If you want to use the coordinates for recovery of a lost plane/drone this is way too inaccurate (can be hundrets of meters off).

Please DJI change this to display more accurate coordinates. Thanks
2018-5-1
Use props
gtoews
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282159 ft
Canada

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-2-20 11:26
Update from testing latest Version of the OSD:

Horizontal- and vertical speed works great

I'd list GPS coordinates on OSD as critical.
2018-5-3
Use props
ucakar
lvl.2

Is it possible to make firmware compatible with Eagletree Vector, to support: GPS coordinates, speed, height, RSSI, Signal level, distance from home, asimut...?
Like this fpv.blue:

Thanks,

Andrej
2018-5-8
Use props
olegfly
lvl.2
United States

My OSD values freeze once I arm the drone. Is there a a fix for that?

Thanks a lot.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

olegfly Posted at 2018-6-24 18:11
My OSD values freeze once I arm the drone. Is there a a fix for that?

Thanks a lot.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding the issue, could you please show us a photo or video? we'd like to check it, thanks.
2018-6-25
Use props
olegfly
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-25 01:39
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding the issue, could you please show us a photo or video? we'd like to check it, thanks.

Sure.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KPWcaSHnW8zEWvf29
2018-6-25
Use props
VoicOfReason
New
Flight distance : 26831 ft
United States

The OSD is working! It shows satellites and speed. However, for lat and long it says “n/a”. Anyone else have this problem? I’m using inav 2.0 RC2 and I have 17 satellites in view but no lag and long.
2018-7-4
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Ireland

VoicOfReason Posted at 2018-7-4 21:35
The OSD is working! It shows satellites and speed. However, for lat and long it says “n/a”. Anyone else have this problem? I’m using inav 2.0 RC2 and I have 17 satellites in view but no lag and long.

I have lon / lat coordinates, alttitude and horizontal speed working but vertical speed stays at zero.

Here is a screenshot of my Betaflight settings

2018-7-5
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Yrjoah Posted at 2018-7-5 09:38
I have lon / lat coordinates, alttitude and horizontal speed working but vertical speed stays at zero.

Here is a screenshot of my Betaflight settings[view_image]

i asume for vertical speed you need a barometer. GPS is very inaccurate for hight measurement.

Your Betaflight screenshot shows that no barometer is active
2018-7-5
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-7-5 10:23
i asume for vertical speed you need a barometer. GPS is very inaccurate for hight measurement.

Ah, that explains it. There is no barometer on my FC board.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

olegfly Posted at 2018-6-25 10:31
Sure.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KPWcaSHnW8zEWvf29

Sorry for the late response. For your situation, it is recommended to refresh the firmware to see whether it works.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

VoicOfReason Posted at 2018-7-4 21:35

Hi there, could you upload a screenshot of the altitude and horizontal issue? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-7-5 10:23

The vertical speed depends on the barometer and the settings of the flight control, you may check whether it is this case.
2018-7-6
Use props
djiuser_1bZfdd2y53AK
New
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-6 00:11
Hi there, could you upload a screenshot of the altitude and horizontal issue? We'd like to check the exact status.

I'm also having this issue unfortunately.
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_1bZfdd2y53AK Posted at 2018-7-13 07:30
I'm also having this issue unfortunately.

Just to verify, did you tick the lat/lon when connected with the third party assistant? You may refer to the below picture and confirm.
OSD.png
2018-7-18
Use props
olegfly
lvl.2
United States

my guy is ready for the flight. GPS still does not work but I do not care.
2018-8-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ucakar Posted at 2018-5-8 01:11
Is it possible to make firmware compatible with Eagletree Vector, to support: GPS coordinates, speed, height, RSSI, Signal level, distance from home, asimut...?
Like this fpv.blue:

Yes that would be very nice and be what I would like to implement. Unfortunately it is not a Telemetry data Signal that can be interpreted by the Air Unit.

The Eagletree superimposes the Telemetry over the Video signal itself and DJI will not allow a third party camera or an injected video signal with added info. I might just dismember a DJI Occusync camera to see if it is PAL or NTSC. I expect not and that it is why the video injection is not supported.

I would love to get the specifications of the Camera and its transmission information.

2018-9-1
Use props
strikerdlm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82785 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

If using ocusync with DJI Goggles RE in a fixed-wing model airplane with NO on-board flight computer, what is the best choice for telemetry using DJI or third party hardware (heading, altitude, speed) showing HUD style data on the goggles?, is it possible with any plug-n-play options?
2018-9-24
Use props
djiuser_9yaSIrQV14Q4
New

France

If using ocusync with DJI Goggles RE in a fixed-wing model airplane with NO on-board flight computer, what is the best choice for telemetry using DJI or third party hardware (heading, altitude, speed) showing HUD style data on the goggles?, is it possible with any plug-n-play options?
2019-5-8
Use props
MyFlyDream
New
United States

I have read this entire thread carefully. I found that the original question is still unsolved.  It seems that DJI guys here don't know what we are talking about. I am also developing an AP(Crosshair AP).  I have the same question. May I put it in this way: According to the manual,  DJI OcuSync Air system supports 3rd part FlightControllers (by an UART). Please tell us : what's the protocol to communicate with this UART. Including software(MAVLINK or what?)/hardware(Baudrate?)
2019-5-26
Use props
OzBlueDragon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483484 ft

Hi folks, hope you can help. I'm running and Ocusync Air System with Goggles RE on an AR Wing Fixed Wing with a Furious FOV F35 LIghtning FC which has GPS, Air Speed Meter, and Baro onboard.
My question is how do I get the OSD from the F35 to Overlay on the Ocusync Air System so I can see all the much needed and important info like Heading, Home Point, Height, Speed, Altitude, Battery etc?
Any help would be great as it simply doesn't come up with anything except the goggles battery and signals.
Really need the F35 OSD on here!
Thanks.
2019-9-12
Use props
soofianhotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147241 ft
Sweden

Hi DJI support and community. I have got my Matek F722-Wing working with telemetry to see the flight info in my Goggles RE unit. As discussed, we need a home location representation on screen, not just the GPS coordinates. Are you, DJI, going to release a firmware update for this? If so, when?
2020-4-18
Use props
Eledwin
lvl.1
France

Hi,

As it was said by Soofian in the previous post, it would be really great to have a more customizable OSD which add home location and other stuff provided by Betaflight and Inav.
Tell me if I'm wrong but it seems like DJI is not doing anything new for the Ocusync Air unit and the Goggle Racing Edition. Last firmware update go back to September 2018. So, have you completely give up on this product and focused all your resources one the new Digital FPV system ? That would be a shame because the new FPV system doesn't support 2.4 Ghz and is not meant for RC plane or long range quad.
I hope new features will be release for the Ocusync and RE goggle, and if DJI is too lazy for that, provide us some SDK or a way to customize it. Shouldn't be hard to add more OSD info on the screen...
2020-7-22
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

DJI hasn't touched this since 2018....

they haven't included compatibility with any new products since the Mavic 2 and it didn't work good with that model either...

really these goggles were only good with the original Mavic  and/or the air unit.. and the air unit had poor OSD and OSD integration with its 'approved' flight controllers.. ie .. NONE ...

DJI can't get products integrated at all .. its like they go out of their way to not have their OWN PRODUCTS working together...

2020-8-22
Use props
Soofian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147241 ft
Sweden

Hi friends. Any news here? or is there a product combo that works with the DJI Goggles RE now? I still would like to have a nice setup for fixed wing planes. anyone?
2022-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules