SPARK abstacle avoidance light flashing on and off
1862 11 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boris123
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I have recently noticed that when I’m flying the spark, random obstacle lines saying 0.0m are appearing on my screen. There are no obstacles near me, you the obstacle indicator still flashes. It keeps going on for a second then off. Then on and off again. I thought it was flickering because the sensor was not clean so I cleaned the obstacle avoidance sensor. Still flickers. What do I do to fix this?
2018-1-12
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

hi Boris, are you using props guards?
2018-1-12
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

are you flying low?   I found when the Spark tilted forward when flying real low, the quad saw the ground as an obstacle.  
2018-1-12
Use props
Boris123
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-12 05:29
hi Boris, are you using props guards?

Yes. And I just came back from a filming session and I was not using prop guards. Nothing. So prop guards are the issue?
2018-1-12
Use props
Boris123
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-1-12 06:27
are you flying low?   I found when the Spark tilted forward when flying real low, the quad saw the ground as an obstacle.

No. I do not fly in sport mode so the drone does not really tint that much
2018-1-12
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Boris123 Posted at 2018-1-12 06:32
Yes. And I just came back from a filming session and I was not using prop guards. Nothing. So prop guards are the issue?

Sounds like you just need to check the right prop guard is on the right prop. They are marked. :-)
2018-1-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Boris123 Posted at 2018-1-12 06:32

Check if you have placed the propguards correctly. Those with a white mark have to go on the propellers with a white mark. Surprisingly many users make the mistake of placing them wrong and face even bigger problems.
2018-1-12
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Were you pointing towards the sun?   I notice that mine now shows an obstacle if it is flying toward the sun.  I dont' ever remember it doing that before the last update.  I got a bit worried because it was at a distance and it would not come back until I realized what was happening and just turned it around and flew it backwards.
2018-1-12
Use props
Boris123
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Ok I’ll put the prop guards on correctly. And no I’m not pointing it at the sun. Thank you!
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Boris, does the issue appear if you mounted the prop guards correctly? Alternatively, you can remove the prop guards to verify. Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks!
2018-1-13
Use props
RWT
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-13 22:55
Hey Boris, does the issue appear if you mounted the prop guards correctly? Alternatively, you can remove the prop guards to verify. Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks!

Hi DJI Susan -

I had the same problem....it would fly and stop short with no obstacle in front.  I checked my drone and the guards were not on the right way.  I will test again later today.

One other question......the red lights sometime shut off and randomly go on while flying.

I just got this as a b-day gift and was concerned this is a glitch in software.  Why would front red lights go off in flight?
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RWT Posted at 2018-1-14 10:05
Hi DJI Susan -

I had the same problem....it would fly and stop short with no obstacle in front.  I checked my drone and the guards were not on the right way.  I will test again later today.

The improper mounted guards might cause this. Please keep us posted of the latest progress. Regarding the red lights, it will off automatically if you are taking pictures during the flight, please help us confirm, thanks!
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules