911 5 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans00e50d2b
New
Flight distance : 130840 ft
United States

Hi All,

As I've started to become more experienced flying my Phantom 3 Standard, lately I've noticed that when stopping my drone from moving either forward or backward, the drone will tilt heavily as if it's on the verge of tipping.  For example, if I'm in a field facing my drone as I fly it back to me, as I start to slow it down or eventually stop it from moving in that direction it will tilt heavily as if it's weight is outbalanced.  

It would be one thing if I was agressively using the right stick to stop it abrubtly, but that's not the case here.  It doesn't affect the flying or what I'm able to do with it, it legit just makes me nervous sometimes when it does this and it makes a high pitched buzzing sound as it tilts until it comes back to a complete hover.  It didn't seem to do this for my first handful of flights, and thinking back I want to say it's been doing this ever since the firmware update.  I could be wrong on that and maybe it's totally non related to the update, but any insight you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!  

-Joe
2018-1-12
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Reduce the braking, change EXP to a  smaller value.
2018-1-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

The Flight Controller takes your stick positions as absolute.

If you put sticks to centre - its actually a STOP command to the Flight Controller. You do not have to give reverse stick command to get the 'rodeo horse' effect ! Just put sticks to centre is enough.

As you progress in flying - you literally without realising it adjust and start to 'ease' sticks for stops etc.

The centre stick, in particular throttle, is one of the hardest for regular RC flyers to get used to ..... multi-rotors are not same ball game !

Nigel
2018-1-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What you see and hear is perfectly normal.  It's not going to tilt over.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Joe, if you could provide a short video of this issue, I'll check it and see if there is anything wrong.
2018-1-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Joe,

Go into the DJI GO app and open the General Settings.  On the left there will be a vertical series of Icons.  Look for the Gimbal Icon.  Go into the Gimbal settings.  The first setting is Gimbal Mode (or something like that).  The choices are Follow or FPV (First Person View).  If FPV is showing, change it to Follow by touching the FPV word.  A drop-down selection will offer Follow.  Pick Follow.

The selection of Follow will greatly stabilize your Phantom.  The other comments posted here in your Thread will also improve the stability of your Phantom when changing directions.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules