File Transfer
3457 7 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veryken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8665 ft
United States

What's the best way to transfer files (photos and videos) from the Mavic Pro to a Macintosh?

The micro USB cable connection seems not reliable. First, the port face is deep. My microUSB plug can hardly fit. Almost want to rip the cover cap off completely. Then I often have to reboot my Mac each time, and still the files are sometimes inaccessible. Often won't transfer. Or is there a certain grade of USB cord that I need?

Removing the micro SD card is okay, but requires a long fingernail or some kind of pointy tool, requires SD adapter, then re-inserting requires a tweezer. Also concerned about how many cycles of physical remove-insert it can take.

Direct transfer to mobile device while connected takes too long and eats up too much storage space on my device.

So what's the least of the evils?

2018-1-12
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

I use the SD card - quick and efficient!
2018-1-12
Use props
deveauwelle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

You can use Google Drive or Dropbox to save your files, and then sync the files on your phone directly. And you can also use data assistant tool, it is also possible to move contents to your Mac.
2018-1-28
Use props
deveauwelle
lvl.1

Hong Kong

deveauwelle Posted at 2018-1-28 23:03
You can use Google Drive or Dropbox to save your files, and then transfer files on your phone directly. And you can also use data assistant tool, it is also possible to move contents to your Mac.

Exactly.
2018-1-29
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

The SD card is the best way. Just get some pointy tool that you always carry with you.
2018-1-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I vote sd card also. If I can pull the card and re-insert that tiny thing with my club size fingers, it's a snap for anyone else.
2018-1-29
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

MicroSD card, tons faster transfer. I imagine the motors will wear out before the card mount does.
2018-1-29
Use props
SwiftSend
New

Ukraine

Revolutionizing file transfer for better and forever

What makes us so special?
1) Downloading files during upload
2) Сontinuing a stopped download
3) Maintaining file and folder organization

Send files of up to 500 GB per transfer

Go to https://swiftsend.io