My new Mavic rear arm is loose/has some play when unfolded and fl...
7691 14 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_G4yQzN8
lvl.2

Australia

Hello. I received my brand new Mavic Pro from DJI just over one week ago and it is such a great aircraft and is a great upgrade but I have noticed that there is a little bit of wobbliness in the mechanism of the rear right arm while unfolded, and I haven't crashed once as have treated her so carefully. If it was wobbling while folded I wouldn't care but it wobbles up and down while unfolded (in-flight position) which really concerns me. I have decided to not fly it anymore until this gets resolved. Am I being overly picky and does anyone else experience this on their Mavic? Would this be covered under the one year warranty as I do not have care refresh? It is a bit disappointing for a brand new product that has been out for a year to arrive like this and sad to not be able to fly it

The image shows the gap between the resting right rear arm of the Mavic while unfolded while the video shows the amount of play it has compared to the left arm

I hope someone can help
Thanks

IMG_0658.jpg
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, when did you notice this issue? Did anything happen before? Is the drone purchased from DJI directly? Could you please PM me with the SN of this drone? I'll forward it to the engineers for a check.
2018-1-13
Use props
djiuser_G4yQzN8
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-13 02:24
Hi there, when did you notice this issue? Did anything happen before? Is the drone purchased from DJI directly? Could you please PM me with the SN of this drone? I'll forward it to the engineers for a check.

Hi! thanks for replying. I have only noticed this one day ago and I have not flown it since as I fear it getting worse. I am unsure if it was present or not before I received it but I have only had it for a week with a total flight time of around 2 hours. i Have done many takeoffs and landing to practice, however, this shouldn't affect the rear arms as it does not contact the ground? Not a single crash and purchased from DJI directly (shipped from Hong Kong). I will PM you the serial number
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_G4yQzN8 Posted at 2018-1-13 02:36
Hi! thanks for replying. I have only noticed this one day ago and I have not flown it since as I fear it getting worse. I am unsure if it was present or not before I received it but I have only had it for a week with a total flight time of around 2 hours. i Have done many takeoffs and landing to practice, however, this shouldn't affect the rear arms as it does not contact the ground? Not a single crash and purchased from DJI directly (shipped from Hong Kong). I will PM you the serial number

Thanks for your quick response. In this situation, it won't affect the flight performance. If you are concern about it, you can send your drone back for check: http://www.dji.com/support.
2018-1-13
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Now that is a timely response. Looks like dji are focussing on the service side of things.
This is a welcome change

* hex *
2018-1-13
Use props
djiuser_G4yQzN8
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-13 20:22
Thanks for your quick response. And I would recommend you send your drone back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. Hope it can be solved soon. : http://www.dji.com/support  You can provide us the case number if you have any doubt.

Thanks for the suggestion will try first thing tomorrow morning. Will this be covered under warranty since it is a structural issue and is shipping covered in this process? What courier is used within Australia for shipping? Anyone else have any experience with sending to DJI repair?
2018-1-14
Use props
Ebeard4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2619780 ft
United States

djiuser_G4yQzN8 Posted at 2018-1-14 03:57
Thanks for the suggestion will try first thing tomorrow morning. Will this be covered under warranty since it is a structural issue and is shipping covered in this process? What courier is used within Australia for shipping? Anyone else have any experience with sending to DJI repair?

Djiuser,
I also have the same problem with mine. I don't believe it is a structural issue, but rather the spring tensioner on the upward fold not quite tuned properly. I won't recommend either course of action, but if this helps I have flown my Mavic for over 46 hrs and it is holding just fine. If you start the motors you will likely see the arm lift up into its natural position and stop against that top plate.
2018-1-18
Use props
fans6f30b5ec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have the same problem and more in up position at rear right arm.Is this problem for my safe flight?
2018-6-20
Use props
fans6f30b5ec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5270591 ft
  • >>>
Greece

MAYBE I SEND TO DJI BECAUSE I SAW THIS THINK BEFORE 5 DAYS AND THE DRONE I BUY BEFORE 20DAYS .
2018-6-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fans6f30b5ec Posted at 2018-6-20 06:20
MAYBE I SEND TO DJI BECAUSE I SAW THIS THINK BEFORE 5 DAYS AND THE DRONE I BUY BEFORE 20DAYS .

Just open a support case with DJI and discuss it with them: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-20
Use props
sigalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2599150 ft
Croatia

Today I have noticed same thing on my mavic pro, but with rear left arm. I've been flying with my drone more than a year and has passed almost 300km in total.  And of course, on google find this topic on top. So what is conclusion - is that normal or I have to worry about that, stop flying  and request some service action?

Best regards

Igor
2018-6-25
Use props
Huszti István
lvl.1

Hungary

This is the phenomenon for me too! No problem!
2018-9-24
Use props
Ivan Van Tonder
New

South Africa

Hi. Has anyone had clarification on this?
My MP is doing the same
2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_3oNgljfRMDJn
New

United Kingdom

HI Have a similar but slightly different issue, brand new MAvic Mini 2 drone received for Xmas. I have turned it on and lifted it off the ground and thats about it since we are unable to go anywhere at present. My issue I have found is one of the arms is slightly loose, attached is what I mean. It closes ok but im concerned it could break more eventually. I already have the care but the chances are this would be put down as user fault although i havn't actually used it properly yet.

Any suggestions on the problem?
2021-2-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Magu, post a photo or video.
2022-12-16
Use props
Advanced