Where did the settings go for resolution?
12575 4 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

For some bizarre reason I can't find the settings that include the different resolution options.  I go into the camera settings and can't find them.  Always been able to find them in the past, but not anymore. Recently updated to the latest FW, but would seem an odd thing to remove.    I wanted to change the resolution to have a look at the unedited footage directly from the SD card on the TV, but need to change the res settings as I get a "unsupported resolution" message on the TV.What am I doing wrong?
2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into the RC settings section of the app and scroll to the bottom whilst the drone is turned on with the props off - there you will find the option to change the resolution of the live feed. Set that to normal (720p) and your main resolution options will appear in the camera settings. If the live feed is set to FHD (1080p to your device) you can not record in 4K. If set to smooth, you can't even record in 2.7K. Sometimes FW updates set this setting to FHD automatically.
If that doesnt work then I suggest refreshing the FW using DJI Assistant 2, check the above settings again and see if that resolves the issue.

Failing all of that you will need to contact DJI support as the resolution options were not removed with the latest FW.
2018-1-13
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

A CW Posted at 2018-1-13 01:14
Go into the RC settings section of the app and scroll to the bottom whilst the drone is turned on with the props off - there you will find the option to change the resolution of the live feed. Set that to normal (720p) and your main resolution options will appear in the camera settings. If the live feed is set to FHD (1080p to your device) you can not record in 4K. If set to smooth, you can't even record in 2.7K. Sometimes FW updates set this setting to FHD automatically.
If that doesnt work then I suggest refreshing the FW using DJI Assistant 2, check the above settings again and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks. Bizarre, but it worked!
2018-1-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GMG Posted at 2018-1-14 03:58
Thanks. Bizarre, but it worked!

Glad thats sorted for you.
2018-1-14