1786 11 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfd50c856
lvl.4
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had 1 inspre 1 and i am on my second Inspre 2, the first Inspire 2 thought it could fly on its own after i did an upgrade, DJI very kindly sent me a brand new Inspire 2,
that was 6 months ago, i have 5 sets of batterys all looked after ( i am a broadcast cameraman for 25 yrs so know how to look after batteries) kept in a foamed peli case with room for a hot water bottle to keep them warm in winter. End of 2017 new update appers on website, will i wont i , will i wont i the ? that most DJI Inspire 2 owners have ,will it crash or like my
last one have a mind of its own (is the not googles self drive car).
So last week i crossed my fingers ,toes and any other thing i could cross and did the upgrade, took the drone out into middle of nowhere, reset everything to the way i wanted the look
the feel of drone to be ,to my surprise the drone did not act or feel like the same drone, it was more stable in the air more responsive the picture seemed to be better, so i thought all
is well with world again. BUT yes there has to be a but went onto second set of batteries and low and behold CANNOT FLY on top left of screen.
Cell broken not just on 1 but 2 batteries, so has anybody got any idea ..........see pics
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg
2018-1-13
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can try cycling them (discharge to 5% and then re-charge) but chances are that it wont help. DJI (or you dealer) will exchange them if they are less than 6 months old. I have had one replaced so far and I know of several others who have had much the same experience.
2018-1-13
Use props
fansfd50c856
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks already done 3 recycles no different, So not only do we give DJi  a shed load of money for Drone + camera+batteries+charger and now we have batteries that just pack up for no reason and we have
to fork out every 6 months for more batteries , HHHmmmmmmmmm,
2018-1-13
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing here, Bad battery after upgrade.  Never had that happen on Inspire 1.  Now I keep that battery for remote charging and hand held ground production.  Try the battery again after the next firmware update see if its healed>
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansfd50c856 Posted at 2018-1-13 08:23
Thanks already done 3 recycles no different, So not only do we give DJi  a shed load of money for Drone + camera+batteries+charger and now we have batteries that just pack up for no reason and we have
to fork out every 6 months for more batteries , HHHmmmmmmmmm,

Sir, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with the battery, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in for evaluation if they are still in warranty period, the team will help you out, thank you.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

eggbeater Posted at 2018-1-13 13:00
Same thing here, Bad battery after upgrade.  Never had that happen on Inspire 1.  Now I keep that battery for remote charging and hand held ground production.  Try the battery again after the next firmware update see if its healed>

Sorry to read on you have the same problem, if the error persists, please send in at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
2018-1-15
Use props
fansfd50c856
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 01:54
Sir, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with the battery, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in for evaluation if they are still in warranty period, the team will help you out, thank you.

thank for your interest
2018-1-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Sorry to hear this. You should buy a lottery ticket!. Really quite unusual to have two consecutive lemons with DJI. They would be in GoPro's shoes with drones if they were really bad. Evidently, they are not.
2018-1-15
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 01:57
Sorry to read on you have the same problem, if the error persists, please send in at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

past warranty
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

That is unfortunate to hear, if the error persists, we recommend to purchase a new set for safety.
2018-1-16
Use props
fansfd50c856
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

more batteries going down with same problem???????? is there another good company out there doing batteries for I2?
2018-2-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfd50c856 Posted at 2018-2-16 00:20
more batteries going down with same problem???????? is there another good company out there doing batteries for I2?

you are joking right   only DJI manufactures these batteries

What I am working on right now is a way to access the batteries cells on the I2 battery and see if there is anything the user can do to fix the minor imbalances. right now there is no normal way to bypass the intelligent circuit  or better known as the battery management system.

Rich

inspire 1 info
https://forum.dji.com/thread-109258-1-1.html
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules