1082 8 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicMan5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

FYI

I feel compelled to say a few words regarding DJI as a company and DJI refresh as a service. I purchased a new Mavic Pro Platinum for my son, a college sophmore, for christmas. Also, to his delight, picked him up a pair of DJI goggles. Knowing youth as I do, I opted also to get the DJI Refresh.

As fate would have it, my son crashed the drone the second day during an autoland sequence. He felt horrible but thinking ahead I had gotten the insurance and we sent the Mavic off for renewal at DJI refresh. I filled out the necessary form on DJI's website and instantly received an email with containing prepaid UPS ground shipping.

Now this is the part where things got a little mixed up. I made the decision to FedEx the drone next day so we could get it back qiicker. By doing so however, I discovered I threw a wrench in the DJI system by using my own shipper. When their receiving department received my drone, the absence of it arriving UPS caused a glitch in their system. Not that they werent intelegent enough to tie the drone to me, it just was what it was, a glitch.

For the next eleven days my drone sat unaccounted for in californis as I corresponded back an forth with DJI representatives in China. I finally reached a very efficient Technical Support representiative by the name of Christian, who located my drone, had the rassessment expidited, and in two days my son's eplacement drone was in Tennessee flying again.

It took me a couple days to realize that the mix-up was my own doing. My first impression was that DJI was very disorganized. The reality is just the opposite. They have a very effictive system in place to service us, the customers. They are also very professional, never losing sight of who I was and that I was important to them because I had purchased their product. I even got a little frustrated with a couple of the DJI reps trying to find out what was going on with my drone, yet they remained professional.

Bottom line, DJI and DJI refresh are incredable sources for high tech drones and accessories, you just need to follow their lead when it come to service. Trust me, they take care of their customers. And why not, while I'm here, throw a plug in for their goggles. Im a private pilot. The DJI goggles put you right in the drone. A mavic Pro and set of DJI goggles are as fun as it gets.

Thanks DJI, and again, my appologies for not following instructions. My replacement drone is just awesome... great job!!!
2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Refreshing bit of positive news - thanks for sharing.
2018-1-13
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Some months ago I had course to return my Mavic under refresh (I put it into a tall tree and smashed the camera gimbal in the fall).  It was a painless, reasonably fast and well tracked service. The DJI folk were helpful even pointing out that it would be cheaper for them to fix the gimbal than replace the drone under refresh (thus saving a refresh "life").

Thumbs up all round
2018-1-13
Use props
fans114d670d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 870177 ft
Sweden

i took a dji refresh after i had bought myself my mavic, i hope i never crash it and i never have to use the refresh but its awesome that i might use it if i crash it!  
2018-1-13
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Great to hear some positive news. Thanks for sharing.
2018-1-13
Use props
Texan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637287 ft
United States

MavicMan5 - Just curious, did you get the original MMP back or a brand new replacement?  Thanks.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, thanks for your positive feedback and I think our products will continue to bring your sun more joy. Please contact us if you need any help.
2018-1-13
Use props
3VP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

Good to hear someone out there had a positive experience with DJI Refresh.
2018-1-19
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

Hey Texan, I did get a new bird. I had read posts elsewhere their replacement contained an “R” in the serial number denoting “refurbished” but that wasn’t my experience. From all appearances, I have a brand new out of the box zero hour drone.
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules