Firmware
1515 8 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

I recently upgraded to V2 00.010 in the hope of curing a gimble problem which it did. What I find strange is the number of complaints that this has resulted in instabillity yet there must be thousands or more world wide like me that have had no problems so there must be something common to all those with problems perhaps an old version of RC firmware that is not compatable with the new aircraft firmware, whatever it is it needs solving but how anyone could go about doing that beats me.
2018-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The 02.00.0106 release cured the horizon tilt on the camera/gimbal for me, so that was a big fix on what is a video/photo platform.

There is the instability issue that a significant number reported with 02.00.0106, there is also a problem with 4k @ 30 fps video stopping and gimbal resetting randomly (could be 2 minutes, or 20, or none during some flights). This results in a loss of video feed from aircraft for about ten seconds or so.

There have been a few attempts to fix these problems, the first real success was the release of the 02.00.0600 Beta,  which has been superseded by the 02.00.0700 Beta which is by invite only at DJIs discretion. Hopefully there will be a formal release soon.
2018-1-13
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-13 09:52
The 02.00.0106 release cured the horizon tilt on the camera/gimbal for me, so that was a big fix on what is a video/photo platform.

There is the instability issue that a significant number reported with 02.00.0106, there is also a problem with 4k @ 30 fps video stopping and gimbal resetting randomly (could be 2 minutes, or 20, or none during some flights). This results in a loss of video feed from aircraft for about ten seconds or so.

The real question though is why does it go wrong for some and not for others?
2018-1-13
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-13 10:46

Its a bit of a mystery...my p4 firmware is still on 01.02.0602 and flies perfect, so i wont be upgrading for the time being (read to many bad experiences ).
2018-1-13
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-13 10:46

Because Dji never perfect the firmware before they send it out.
2018-1-19
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Bigmouth Posted at 2018-1-19 07:56

Nope if that were the case everyone would have the same problems, we don't.
2018-1-19
Use props
Bigmouth
lvl.2
Hong Kong

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-19 07:57
Nope if that were the case everyone would have the same problems, we don't.

No, you know, firmware also depends on the condition of the receiving ends. For good firmware, it will handle all the bugs in the receiving machine. For Dji, they always have the same problem for firmware. Furthermore, they make the update procedure not very user friendly, so consumer can easily get bugs during the process.
2018-1-19
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

What you are saying if I understand you is that the machines themselves are corrupted from day 1 and that software can take account of this but doesn't? I can just about see some logic there if that were the case and DJI corrected the flaws in the machines as they were found out thus making it complicated for firmware updates to operate the same for all the different machines. Plausible is it the case is there evidence for this.
I am not so sure that the update process is demanding of anything other than good stable internet connections. It seems straightforward enough.
2018-1-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigmouth Posted at 2018-1-19 07:56

No software company as yet has ever perfected firmware prior to release, complex machines and complex coding tied to the processing restraints of the hardware. Whether they be DJI Drones or PCs or Macs, et al.

Could DJI do better in that respect ? I think they probably could in terms of Q.A, but they now have such a wealth of hardware that presumably all things cant be tested on all machines all the time (depending on how much you're willing to invest). And at least with the latest problems in the P4 & P4P firmware they have been reasonably quick in pushing out Beta tweaks that seem to fix things for the vast majority.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules