Z15-GH4 HD Gimbal Does This On Start Up (First Power Up)
1210 10 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NFA Fabrication
lvl.2
United States

This is a new S900 build (A2, LB2), and I am sure I have probably done something wrong... I am powering this thing on for the first time ever tonight, and it just does this:

Any ideas where to go from here?
2018-1-13
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plug in your GCU to the Assistant..that was a bug a while back...see what version you have..then post on here so DJI can see...
2018-1-14
Use props
NFA Fabrication
lvl.2
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-1-14 08:36
Plug in your GCU to the Assistant..that was a bug a while back...see what version you have..then post on here so DJI can see...

Thanks for the reply! Here is what I have:
2018-1-14
Use props
NFA Fabrication
lvl.2
United States

Well, I found out there was an upgrade, and that apparently fixed that! Now in my A2 assistant software, my normal stick channels are seen working, as well as the gear channel (Even though my gear just randomly went up during initialization several times dumping the GH4 right onto my living room carpet,,,). But no other channels appear mappable, or show any response in the A2 assistant. I think I missed a step somewhere...
2018-1-14
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

See if there’s a padlock on the Assistant ..sometimes it’s locked and you can’t do anything until you unlock it....once unlocked you can map again..usually these upgrades reset the mapping..if you can’t figure it out let me know..I can get you back to v 1.4 and you can start over again..
2018-1-15
Use props
NFA Fabrication
lvl.2
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-1-15 17:36
See if there’s a padlock on the Assistant ..sometimes it’s locked and you can’t do anything until you unlock it....once unlocked you can map again..usually these upgrades reset the mapping..if you can’t figure it out let me know..I can get you back to v 1.4 and you can start over again..

Thanks for the reply, this is what I get in assistant. I still have feedback only from stick controls and the gear switch, and F-Mode switch. I don't see any "Padlock"from what I can tell.
2018-1-16
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bottom right corner is an error of some sort..the yellow triangle..click on that and see what it says...maybe just have to do the gps dance...also before you fly bump up your first and second battery level warning..should be like 22 and 21.5...I’m sure different people have different opinions but with that setting you’ll crash..also check the aircraft then basic tab..make sure you’ve got the correct rotors selected..sometimes after an upgrade it will default to a quad.. https://forum.dji.com/thread-15925-1-1.html
2018-1-16
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-1-16 21:26
Bottom right corner is an error of some sort..the yellow triangle..click on that and see what it says...maybe just have to do the gps dance...also before you fly bump up your first and second battery level warning..should be like 22 and 21.5...I’m sure different people have different opinions but with that setting you’ll crash..also check the aircraft then basic tab..make sure you’ve got the correct rotors selected..sometimes after an upgrade it will default to a quad.. https://forum.dji.com/thread-15925-1-1.html

Nvm, spoke too soon.
2018-1-17
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-17 06:47
I'm curious as to why you say that about the batteries? I am very familiar with lithium batteries and with the way these are set up even at 21% you're nowhere near the load to cause damage or a significant drop off in voltage causing a crash.

It sounds like you have something in mind and that you're a professional in the industry as well so could I ask for some elaboration on your reasoning? I mostly work with the M600, are there different battery envelopes for the S900? Am I missing that regular hobby LiPos are being used vs DJI's smart battery? I can see regular LiPos being an issue without proper capacity measurement

I was pointing out that he has his First Level battery warning set at 11V and second level at 10.5V ...these are not % but V...that’s the difference...
2018-1-17
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-1-17 09:57
I was pointing out that he has his First Level battery warning set at 11V and second level at 10.5V ...these are not % but V...that’s the difference...

I definitely looked too far into it then
2018-1-17
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 2018-1-17 13:00
I definitely looked too far into it then

I wish I could fly that long...down to 11V I mean on a 1000 or 900.... but alas at 20V you probably made a crater....
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules