Firmware update
1246 12 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Construction Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Do I need to update my firmware if the AC is new out of the box?
2018-1-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Depends on the firmware level it's on.
But my suggestion to you is if you can fly it OK now, and this is your first DJI drone, then leave it as it is for the moment and ignore any update advice on the app.
Once you have learnt how to fly it, and you've hopefully been here reading up on people's experiences updating their drones to learn the successful update method and sequence, the pitfalls (there's definitely a right and not-so-right way) and how to remedy them, go for it!
2018-1-13
Use props
Construction Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-13 22:10
Depends on the firmware level it's on.
But my suggestion to you is if you can fly it OK now, and this is your first DJI drone, then leave it as it is for the moment and ignore any update advice on the app.
Once you have learnt how to fly it, and you've hopefully been here reading up on people's experiences updating their drones to learn the successful update method and sequence, the pitfalls (there's definitely a right and not-so-right way) and how to remedy them, go for it!

Thank you very much. I'm going to fo;;ow your advice.
2018-1-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Construction Sa Posted at 2018-1-14 19:51
Thank you very much. I'm going to fo;;ow your advice.

Which model are we talking about, btw?
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The thread was posted in the Phantom 4 Pro section, so I guess it is a P4P, right?  For P4P, we support to upgrade by DJI GO 4 APP and DJI Assistant 2 as well. I'd suggest to test the performance first and accumulate some hands-on experience before changing something.
2018-1-15
Use props
Construction Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-14 20:05
Which model are we talking about, btw?

I HAVE THE P4P+
2018-1-15
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ah, OK.

Just be aware that there's NO different between the P4P craft (so it's the same firmware for that), but  the Plus controller has the built-on Android tablet with the controller. That firmware is different from the standard controller, as it also incorporates the Android build. You have the option of downloading the Plus controller update from the DJI website as a file, move that file across to an SD Card, and insert that into the controller for update if you prefer.

Anyway, try to spend some time here reading of other's experiences. Enjoy.
2018-1-15
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 01:41
The thread was posted in the Phantom 4 Pro section, so I guess it is a P4P, right?  For P4P, we support to upgrade by DJI GO 4 APP and DJI Assistant 2 as well. I'd suggest to test the performance first and accumulate some hands-on experience before changing something.

Wait... So your telling him to upgrade his firmware given all the issues everyones having with the latest Firmwire upgrade????    Seriously?
2018-1-16
Use props
liverspread
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388199 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

I think for now the answer is NO . dji updates is too unpredictable (not stable eh?) . just let it fly ootb and if the app prompts you (annoy) and upgrade it gradually*
2018-1-16
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-16 06:36
Wait... So your telling him to upgrade his firmware given all the issues everyones having with the latest Firmwire upgrade????    Seriously?

I think she is saying that she supports upgrading the apps and not necessarily the firmware?
2018-1-16
Use props
Construction Sa
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-1-16 10:22
I think she is saying that she supports upgrading the apps and not necessarily the firmware?

Thank you. you all are really helpful.
2018-1-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-1-16 10:22

On the + it is the same thing and it seem that FW on RC need to match FW on AC after the latest releases.

I would not upgrade anything if it is working as is, lot of trouble in sight.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-16 06:36

I've read your replies there as well(https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=2#pid1133740). If you encounter any issue with the latest P4P firmware, be more specific of this, we'll try our best to help.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules