Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trojan:Win32/Tilken.B!cl in DJI Assistant 1.2.0
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shaines
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112 ft
United States

I just installed DJI Assistant 1.2.0 on Windows 10.  Windows defender flagged DJIRonin2Service.dll as being infected with trojan Win32/Tilken.B!cl and quarantined the offending file and recommends a reboot to fully remove it.  Anyone else run into this?  Anyone from DJI care to elaborate?

Windows Defender Scan

Windows Defender Scan
2018-1-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

If you downloaded the Assistant 2 file from DJI then it is fine to use and you are getting a false positive virus alert. You will need to modify Windows Defender to allow the full installation, otherwise you will have problems with firmware updates.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. I would forward this situation to our engineers for further check. Did you download it from our official website? Thanks for your support.
2018-1-14
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I received the same error and downloaded it from the official DJI site.
2018-1-14
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-13 23:56
If you downloaded the Assistant 2 file from DJI then it is fine to use and you are getting a false positive virus alert. You will need to modify Windows Defender to allow the full installation, otherwise you will have problems with firmware updates.

Uh, no. I don't blindly accept that its a false positive, nor should anyone else.  I'd like to hear from DJI's engineering group as to why its getting flagged as such, and some assurances that they themselves have contacted Microsoft to resolve the issue properly.
2018-1-15
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-14 02:38
Hi, sir. I would forward this situation to our engineers for further check. Did you download it from our official website? What is the version of your DJI Assistant 2? Thanks for your support.

Yes, downloaded from DJI. I will forward as you suggest.
2018-1-15
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-14 02:38
Hi, sir. I would forward this situation to our engineers for further check. Did you download it from our official website? What is the version of your DJI Assistant 2? Thanks for your support.

I don't have much faith in DJI support either.
2018-1-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

shaines Posted at 2018-1-15 14:40
Uh, no. I don't blindly accept that its a false positive, nor should anyone else.  I'd like to hear from DJI's engineering group as to why its getting flagged as such, and some assurances that they themselves have contacted Microsoft to resolve the issue properly.

This subject has been hashed out on the forum ad nauseam.  No one would be able to update their firmware if we could not safely install this program. I use a very good firewall and antivirus and it does not find any problem with the Assistant 2 software.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

shaines Posted at 2018-1-15 14:51
[view_image]

I would help you forward this situation to our engineers. Thanks for your feedback.
2018-1-18
Use props
Nebicaneser
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

good to know for not use it  anymore ..
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

shaines Posted at 2018-1-15 14:51
[view_image]

Please download the version of DJI Assistant 2 1.1.6: https://www.dji.com/snail/info#downloads and try again. Keep us updated, if you receive the error again.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nebicaneser Posted at 2018-1-18 05:14
good to know for not use it  anymore ..

Sir, please use the latest version of assistant 2 and inform us if you have any problem. I believe that our engineers will help you solve the problem and please do not feel worry about it.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, for those who have experienced the same situation, I got an update from our engineers: this is the false positive of some anti-virus softwares, our engineers are now investigating it. Please try to install DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 on this website and confirm if the warning reappears. We are looking forward to your feedback, thank you very much.
2018-1-21
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-15 20:37
This subject has been hashed out on the forum ad nauseam.  No one would be able to update their firmware if we could not safely install this program. I use a very good firewall and antivirus and it does not find any problem with the Assistant 2 software.

I really don't care if its been discussed ad nauseam.  Further, speaking as a software engineer, a firewall and antivirus guarantees nothing.
2018-1-21
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-19 00:57
Please update the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 1.1.6: https://www.dji.com/snail/info#downloads Keep us updated, if you receive the error again.

How is 1.1.6 "the latest"?  Download's shows DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 released on 2017-12-29.  1.1.6 was released on 2017-09-08.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

shaines Posted at 2018-1-21 22:33
How is 1.1.6 "the latest"?  Download's shows DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 released on 2017-12-29.  1.1.6 was released on 2017-09-08.

Sorry for the mistake. I would recommend you try the previous version of DJI Assistant 2 1.1.6. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello All, Thanks for your attention. There is one beta version of DJI Assistant 2, would you like to participate in?
Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqy5c ... 1ee533a%29.exe?dl=0
Any feedback will be appreciated. We will collect these feedback regularly and forward to our engineers. Thank you so much!

Edit: I've just edited the post and upldate the Dropbox link, please check later.
2018-1-25
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 01:15
Hello All, Thanks for your attention. There is one beta version of DJI Assistant 2, would you like to participate in?
Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u75mdogpl63amo3/DJI%20Assistant%202%20Beta%20Version.7z?dl=0
Any feedback will be appreciated. We will collect these feedback regularly and forward to our engineers. Thank you so much!

Thank you Susan.  I will test it today and reply with my findings.  
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

shaines Posted at 2018-1-25 08:49
Thank you Susan.  I will test it today and reply with my findings.

Shaines, I just got replies from other customers that the file corrupted, therefore I updated the dropbox and edit it again, please check later.
2018-1-26
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-26 03:24
Shaines, I just got replies from other customers that the file corrupted, therefore I updated the dropbox and edit it again, please check later.

Hi Susan,

If you could please clarify - the executable provided via dropbox has a version number of 1.1.6.  Why would the versioning be lowered for a beta when the original problem occurred in 1.2.0?
2018-1-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HA, good point, didnt even realise lol
2018-1-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

shaines Posted at 2018-1-27 18:29
Hi Susan,

If you could please clarify - the executable provided via dropbox has a version number of 1.1.6.  Why would the versioning be lowered for a beta when the original problem occurred in 1.2.0?

Shaines, please do not care the version number at this moment. We are locating the exact status and need your help. Does the beta version install and work well? We appreciate your feedback.
2018-1-29
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-29 22:46
Shaines, please do not care the version number at this moment. We are locating the exact status and need your help. Does the beta version install and work well? We appreciate your feedback.

Sorry Susan, but I do care.  Why would I be testing against 1.1.6 (which worked fine for me before the 1.2.0 release) and not 1.2.0?  Further, why is 1.1.6 now called a "beta" when it had been previously released as production?  It concerns me *how* exactly engineering is approaching their version control and release process.  Maybe there is a simple explanation, but what I am reading here gives me pause.
2018-1-30
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

DJI engineer are a mess. And.. it is the fault of the user, off course. So they try to make it. It's so sad to read this. The lost of face is huge by DJI

My recommendation :
Downgrade to a version where you been happy in the past, app and firmware. And leave it there. I don't use any assistance or else software from DJI.. too much trouble. And I don't need skypixel. Better software on the market.
Just use the thing as a flying can. That's ist. Don't follow the advertisement and mainstream.
2018-1-30
Use props
shaines
lvl.1
United States

T-R Posted at 2018-1-30 05:44
DJI engineer are a mess. And.. it is the fault of the user, off course. So they try to make it. It's so sad to read this. The lost of face is huge by DJI

My recommendation :

Hi T-R,

I don't give up that easily.  I really do want to help, even if it is a mess as you say.  

~ Scott
2018-1-30
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

Hi Scott
I tried in the past. I gave up. It's my last drone of dji. Ever. After having 6 in house from first generation. But I'm tired to be treated like a gunie pig. There are nice products on the market who have more potential in the future. I support them with my money. Bet sample is to see.. 7 month nothing done to fix the rubbish firmware of the p4. Then a a firmware who is not really done. ...7 month.  I would fire the engineers. They make losing face to the company.   
But here in China is a saying.. cheap is good-much cheaper is better.  Here is no demand of high end quality- even there is no one who can see the different
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules