Controller beeps twice then a pink status light
3313 11 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elminster21
New
United States

After the most recent update to my 4 pro, when trying to turn everything afterwards my controller beeps twice and then a pink status light appears. It does say on my phone the RC is connected on the main screen before entering the device. After entering the device nothing appears connected. I've rebooted everything, I've tried charging the controller battery, different cables to my smartphone. But no matter what after the controller turns on it just beeps twice and then a pink status light.
Anybody seen this one before? I've read about the constant beeping issue but that isn't the case here. The only other thing I heard was the controller is bad and might need to be replaced. My set won't will be a year old until May/June.

Thanks
2018-1-14
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1251453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can I ask if you have an HDMI module in the RC? Have you used the module on a different phantom?

I had a similar issue - unfortunately because the HDMI module had been used on a different phantom it bricked the controller with the same symptoms you are seeing. I had to replace the RC

Roger
2018-1-14
Use props
Elminster21
New
United States

fansf65df67c Posted at 2018-1-14 08:46
Can I ask if you have an HDMI module in the RC? Have you used the module on a different phantom?

I had a similar issue - unfortunately because the HDMI module had been used on a different phantom it bricked the controller with the same symptoms you are seeing. I had to replace the RC

I don't have the HDMI module and it's never been used on any other drone.

I just found it odd that it was working fine. I did the update which was on the drone not the controller. I assume it didn't have anything to do with it.

I was hoping it I wouldn't have to replace but, its looking more that way.

Thank you so much!
2018-1-14
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elminster21 Posted at 2018-1-14 09:41
I don't have the HDMI module and it's never been used on any other drone.

I just found it odd that it was working fine. I did the update which was on the drone not the controller. I assume it didn't have anything to do with it.

One thing you can try is turn off the remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote

Roger
2018-1-14
Use props
Elminster21
New
United States

fansf65df67c Posted at 2018-1-14 10:03
One thing you can try is turn off the remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote

Roger

Well I got excited because the status was white. I connected everything and restarting the controller again had the pink light and 2 beeps. The drone flashes fast yellow. I have a cheat sheet on some the drone light  meanings and it says loss of controller signal. Naturally! LOL!

Hey I didn't even know there was options to reset. Thanks again for the advice. Everything was going so well up through Christmas. Just a bummer at this point. I even lost a battery too. It was drained because I didn't use it them for a few weeks. No status lights at all. On the charger it won't charge. Lucky for me I have 2 more. But, I'm hoping not to lose another. Gonna get pricey.
2018-1-14
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Elminster21 Posted at 2018-1-14 17:25
Well I got excited because the status was white. I connected everything and restarting the controller again had the pink light and 2 beeps. The drone flashes fast yellow. I have a cheat sheet on some the drone light  meanings and it says loss of controller signal. Naturally! LOL!

Hey I didn't even know there was options to reset. Thanks again for the advice. Everything was going so well up through Christmas. Just a bummer at this point. I even lost a battery too. It was drained because I didn't use it them for a few weeks. No status lights at all. On the charger it won't charge. Lucky for me I have 2 more. But, I'm hoping not to lose another. Gonna get pricey.

Also try relinking RC with craft:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-75386-1-1.html

Try holding C1+C2+'Shutter Button' (top right nearest antenna) until it beeps. then switch off RC.

Power up RC again and relink using following:-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please refer below and have a try: Turn on the RC, hold the C1+C2+Shutter button at the same time, turn the RC off and on again, then connect the APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try again.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_74W8FyeeoibQ
New

United States

youtu.be/BP8Qrg8eOdc
2022-1-28
Use props
djiuser_74W8FyeeoibQ
New

United States

Go to this channel!
2022-1-28
Use props
djiuser_74W8FyeeoibQ
New

United States

Divergent drones chris
2022-1-28
Use props
fans7fb12503
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310013 ft
United States

fansf65df67c Posted at 2018-1-15 12:50
Also try relinking RC with craft:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-75386-1-1.html

I have the same issue in November 2022. I've done absolutely everything you can recommend. It still doesn't displays disconnected and no picture appears. Solid red and yellow flashing lights. I've done c1 c2 shutter, c1 c2 record, tried to relink the drone by pressing the orange light. Ive tried multiple phones android 11 and android 12 with latest apps from dji website. Uninstalled and reinstalled apks. Batteries and drone fully charged.

When i turn the controller on, it beeps twice and gives me a purple light. Then it won't connect to any app, go 4, go 4 apk, litchi, nothing.
2022-11-26
Use props
fans7fb12503
lvl.1
Flight distance : 310013 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-16 00:58
Hi there, please refer below and have a try: Turn on the RC, hold the C1+C2+Shutter button at the same time, turn the RC off and on again, then connect the APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try again.

Doesn't do anything.
2022-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules