trying to downgrade f/w
1787 11 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ron B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5577 ft

United States

currently have 109.02 trying to downgrade to 107. 09. using the sd card, formatting putting the .bin file on and allowing the update to go on the bird
I get this in the log file
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
I have searched and watched vids on how to do this and tried several times with no luck.

So is this possible? what am I doing wrong any suggestions?

Thanks
2018-1-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I bricked my P3P downgrading - using the full instructions of the guys who hacked to sort it.

I will NEVER ever try to downgrade FW again.

Just passing on personal experience.

As to what you see on the card ... Yes that is the standard text remark ...

You used to be able to downgrade ONE version via GO if I remember rightly - but that was stopped long way back ...

Nigel
2018-1-14
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

thats why i stick to a good firmware without any problems at all i use 1.7.9 and litchi app
2018-1-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have 1.11.20 and its fine ... in fact I can say its better than most FW's I tested back when you could swap about.

Nigel
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Ron, I'm sorry to tell you that the P3 series does not support to downgrade. May I know what's your main issue in the latest firmware? I'd like to help.
2018-1-16
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

May you make a Google search or/and YouTube.  The fact is, nobody here is alone with the factory errors of the airplane. Many people have them. Some found a way out.
2018-1-16
Use props
Ron B
lvl.3

United States

T-R I have searched for countless hours to the point of exhaustion ! I have tried several methods, to only failure.
DJI susan, Im pretty sure that DJI knows the range issues now being experienced with 1.09, I want to go back to 1.07!!!!
2018-1-16
Use props
karlosss
lvl.1
Philippines

as ive experienced downgrading firmware on my p3s, you cant directly go down to 1.07 if your firmware is at 1.09, you need to downgrade it first to 1.08

2018-1-27
Use props
Ron B
lvl.3

United States

Ive tried, but it wont dowgrade, it keeps coming up in the log "firmware is older or same as bin"
Im pretty sure that DJI patched the new firmware to make downgrading impossible
2018-1-27
Use props
fans98ee7e2c
New

Romania

I have the same problem. I bought the drone last year and use it quite rarely. at first it was going very well, I was flying at a distance of 500,600 meters, but this summer when I tried to fly with it after 40 50 meters it lost the signal and got in "fly back home" mode, I tried 20 30 times to fly more than 50 meters but everytime same problem. I said it was because of the heat and put it back in the box. yesterday I tried to fly it again and the same problem. I read on the internet and many have the same problem but nobody find a solution.
2018-1-28
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

fans98ee7e2c Posted at 2018-1-28 23:36
I have the same problem. I bought the drone last year and use it quite rarely. at first it was going very well, I was flying at a distance of 500,600 meters, but this summer when I tried to fly with it after 40 50 meters it lost the signal and got in "fly back home" mode, I tried 20 30 times to fly more than 50 meters but everytime same problem. I said it was because of the heat and put it back in the box. yesterday I tried to fly it again and the same problem. I read on the internet and many have the same problem but nobody find a solution.

I think that issue was discussed many times already.
It is necessary after update of firmware and Software, connect to the internet and Log in to to App in other way there are restriction up to 50m with range.
2018-1-30
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Ron B Posted at 2018-1-27 13:29
Ive tried, but it wont dowgrade, it keeps coming up in the log "firmware is older or same as bin"
Im pretty sure that DJI patched the new firmware to make downgrading impossible

It is strange, I have done a downgrade process with success at least three times.
Try to pass thru this - > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=101498
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules