Problems after updating app / firmware in recent months
1475 8 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

We are all aware that we are beta testers! It does not bother us, all over the world of technology is happening! DJI ... Do not forget we test aircraft flying at high altitude and can cause serious damage ... and we do not test smartfone on the table in the salon !!! We prefer an old and stable firmware than a new one and full of unpleasant surprises ... loss of signal at 250 meters of RC ... crash app..etc! Do not forget that MP costs over $ 1000, so it's not a toy!
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Sica, I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience first. May I know what's your main issue in the latest firmware? We'd like to see whether we can help.
2018-1-19
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-19 23:07
Hey Sica, I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience first. May I know what's your main issue in the latest firmware? We'd like to see whether we can help.

Dji dont pretend to be blind. Forums are crying. Latest versions of dji go for android starting with .18 are a mess. December firmware for spark causes so many losses. Rth fails. Latest firmware for mavic causes malfunctions. Latest firmware for phantom is also faulty so people are given some beta version to test.
That is the main failure for dji. You must never treat customers as beta testers otherwise you will lose them.

The mess started around november, so i suspect that as dji engineers are busy preparing the new products for ces 2018 and january 23 release, dji has handed over the support of existing products to outsource. Outsource brought poor quality immediately.

Dji has never aknowledged and pulled faulty releases. That what a good company must do.
Dji must act now and pull back all recent faulty versions of go app, as well as firmware. Customers are at risk while no official word from dji.
2018-1-20
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

V01.04.0200 I installed. Both MP and RC. On smartfone huawei p8 latest android version! When I made the update to MP and RC they went smoothly, without any error. Curious ... not only do I have these problems. I give the impression that the MP and RC transmission power have dropped dramatically in the last firmware thus losing the connection on far less distances than those specified by the manufacturer ... normally, do not lose the connection by testing the flight between blocks or obstructed areas.
2018-1-20
Use props
Smhelber
New
Flight distance : 32461 ft
United States

Hi I've got the latest version for my Mavic Pro as well as the iPhone 6s that I'm using.  The DJI Go 4 app no longer writes images to my phone's camera roll.  I've checked the privacy settings and the app is set to read and write to the phone.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
2018-1-20
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

Thanks for your help.My and all who have Mavic Pro! Mavic Pro came out a king of the drones! I want to remain so and DJI engineers can fix the latest firmware problems that many users complain about! Thanks for your heart for help and I am convinced that DJI is NUMBER ONE!
2018-1-22
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Smhelber Posted at 2018-1-20 04:37
Hi I've got the latest version for my Mavic Pro as well as the iPhone 6s that I'm using.  The DJI Go 4 app no longer writes images to my phone's camera roll.  I've checked the privacy settings and the app is set to read and write to the phone.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

On android and the same. 90% of the time the pictures or video arent saved on my phone
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sica Posted at 2018-1-20 00:52
V01.04.0200 I installed. Both MP and RC. On smartfone huawei p8 latest android version! When I made the update to MP and RC they went smoothly, without any error. Curious ... not only do I have these problems. I give the impression that the MP and RC transmission power have dropped dramatically in the last firmware thus losing the connection on far less distances than those specified by the manufacturer ... normally, do not lose the connection by testing the flight between blocks or obstructed areas.

Sica, may I know what's the current range when you tested the performance? Does the issue appears if changed to another location without interference? Basically, it is not recommended to fly between blocks or obstructed areas. Also, the troubleshooting is helpful to narrow down the scope and locate the exact status. I believe the data are more convincing than the impression.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2018-1-20 00:37
Dji dont pretend to be blind. Forums are crying. Latest versions of dji go for android starting with .18 are a mess. December firmware for spark causes so many losses. Rth fails. Latest firmware for mavic causes malfunctions. Latest firmware for phantom is also faulty so people are given some beta version to test.
That is the main failure for dji. You must never treat customers as beta testers otherwise you will lose them.

Sir, we apologize for the inconvenience. But I don't think the complaint is the quickest way to solve the problem. If you can be more specific of your main questions, we're glad to collect and forward to our engineers for review and analysis. Again, we appreciate your understanding and support of DJI.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules