Editing software?
1398 12 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

Hi guys

I'm new to the making drone video clips thing, so can anyone please suggest which program I can use for editing and video production?

Thanks!

2018-1-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On IOS I use DJI media maker for stitching Pano's and iMovies for quick vid and stills editing. Final Cut Pro X is top of the IOS line for professional grade editing. Not sure what options are out there for Android as don't use it.
2018-1-14
Use props
Quentyn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37759 ft
Finland

for windows I have been having fun with light works - seems intuitive

https://www.lwks.com/
2018-1-14
Use props
Scott V.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241791 ft
United States

I'll for Davinci Resolve 14.... Free and very capable.
2018-1-14
Use props
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

Scott V. Posted at 2018-1-14 12:36
I'll for Davinci Resolve 14.... Free and very capable.

Thanks for the help guys!
2018-1-15
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

you can use iMovies if you have a mac.  I've upgraded from iMovies to Final Cut Pro
2018-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Da Vinci resolve, final Cut proX both are great FCP easy enough to use da Vinci little more difficult FCP €299 da Vinci  Free.
2018-1-15
Use props
cannabenoid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97274 ft
United States

I'm a fan of Premiere and After Effects on my mac. On my phone I use the DJI app, VivaVideo, CropVS and iWatermark (if desired).
2018-1-15
Use props
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll be taking a look at them all today. For my MacBook Pro Final Cut sounds right? I've downloaded Da Vinci but it's asking for OpenCL which I'm not sure what it's about, but will take a look on Google. Can anyone help with this issue?
2018-1-15
Use props
jerzee flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447096 ft
United States

thanks guys for the help also
2018-1-16
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

If you're wanting to make youtube vlog style movies, probably 99% of those are created with adobe premier.  The tools and functions of premier make it easy to add text and captions to your video and to add filters  and effects to an entire video or set of clips using the adjustment layers.  

that said, I use HitFilm express, which is free and has separate modules that you can purchase to add functionalities as needed.  It works well but is more geared towards movie making with special effects type of tools.  
2018-1-16
Use props
xfirf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

I would also suggest davinci resolve.
Great features and free in the basic version.
2018-1-16
Use props
MyLifeInAfrica
lvl.2
South Africa

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-1-16 06:32
If you're wanting to make youtube vlog style movies, probably 99% of those are created with adobe premier.  The tools and functions of premier make it easy to add text and captions to your video and to add filters  and effects to an entire video or set of clips using the adjustment layers.  

that said, I use HitFilm express, which is free and has separate modules that you can purchase to add functionalities as needed.  It works well but is more geared towards movie making with special effects type of tools.

Thanks, this gives me a good indication of what I need. It is really about making short YouTube clips and to capture  travel experiences and adventures to share.
So it sounds like Adobe is the 1st stop?
Other options now are iMovie / Final Cut, or Davinci Resolve...
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules