can i block my stolen mavic?
10996 12 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivanpoletti mav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169810 ft
Spain

My Mavic pro was stolen today together with the remote control and other things.
how can I block it?
how can i find the serial number for the police?

2018-1-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No you cannot block your stolen Mavic.  when the new owner flies it you can try to locate it.
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for your loss, unfortunately, the drone cannot be blocked, please contact local authorities for further assistance and the serial number can be found in the box as well if you still keep it. Good luck to you.
2018-1-15
Use props
ivanpoletti mav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169810 ft
Spain

I've found the box and the serial number is 08QDE4C01201K1

Is there some website where i can put the serial number to inform that is a stolen drone?
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ivanpoletti mav Posted at 2018-1-16 02:06
I've found the box and the serial number is 08QDE4C01201K1

Is there some website where i can put the serial number to inform that is a stolen drone?

Right, this is the serial number of the aircraft, sorry that I don't think there is the website to inform this is a stolen drone, please provide it to local authorities to see if they can help, thanks.
2018-1-16
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

It is too bad that there is not an ant theft mode.  It really would be a nice thing to research.  Apple has something similar to that and I know DJI likes to emulate Apple...

The way it works with Apple, is that if your phone is stolen, you log into the app and it will give you the GPS coordinates and gives you the option to lock down or remotely wipe the phone.  If it is turned off, the commands will automatically execute as soon as it is turned back on and connects to the server.

I know DJI has The ability to track our drones...  But even if it doesn’t, I don’t think it would be difficult to build in a feature (option, which requires a user password to turn back off)) in the app to require the drone to contact DJI’s server every time it gets a WiFi connection.  Just like it does to update the NFZs (so I know DJI can do this), and, if the owner has opened the app and marked it as stolen (this should also require a password), the firmware bricks the drone (and the owner is sent a notification with the GPS coordinates) until it recieves an all clear from the server.  Bonus points if the owner also gets a live feed from the camera.

A feature which causes the drone to automatically take off and do a return to home to a pre programmed set of coordinates of the owners choosing (or the owners current location) if the drone is reasonably close enough and calculates that it has enough battery charge to make it would be neat too.

Of course I’m vindictive so I would love to see an option to use facial recognition and machine learning to recognize the person holding the controller, assume it is the thief, and do a kamikaze run at their face, trying to plant a propeller tip right in their eyeballs, or across a major artery in their neck too.  But I doubt that we will ever see that.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

9245 Posted at 2018-1-18 21:14
It is too bad that there is not an ant theft mode.  It really would be a nice thing to research.  Apple has something similar to that and I know DJI likes to emulate Apple...

The way it works with Apple, is that if your phone is stolen, you log into the app and it will give you the GPS coordinates and gives you the option to lock down or remotely wipe the phone.  If it is turned off, the commands will automatically execute as soon as it is turned back on and connects to the server.

Thanks for your suggestion. Hopefully the designated team will consider this in the future.
2018-1-19
Use props
Shape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829140 ft
Czechia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-19 20:57
Thanks for your suggestion. Hopefully the designated team will consider this in the future.

Come on, why is this still not integrated in the system? DJI drones cost even more than iPhones. Make it happen.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Shape Posted at 12-26 16:07
Come on, why is this still not integrated in the system? DJI drones cost even more than iPhones. Make it happen.

Hi Shape, we have not received any news about this for now, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-12-27
Use props
VegasBuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313179 ft
United States

I have the same request, my Mavic Pro was left in an airport and was never turned in to Lost and Found. How to I go about tracking it's location after it has left my hands should they decide to fly it..?
2019-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

VegasBuck Posted at 3-20 07:18
I have the same request, my Mavic Pro was left in an airport and was never turned in to Lost and Found. How to I go about tracking it's location after it has left my hands should they decide to fly it..?

Hi VegasBuck, we are so sorry for your loss, unfortunately, the drone cannot be tracked under this circumstance, please contact the airport or the authorities for further assistance.
2019-3-20
Use props
djiuser_GDhxaa91OI7b
lvl.2
Hungary

It is  insane that DJI hasn't developed any anti-theft solution so far. DJI, do you still insist on “if you lose it, buy a new one” politics? Your service isn’t about caring and definitely not for the customers. You indirectly support theft and the black market.
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_GDhxaa91OI7b Posted at 2-13 07:34
It is  insane that DJI hasn't developed any anti-theft solution so far. DJI, do you still insist on “if you lose it, buy a new one” politics? Your service isn’t about caring and definitely not for the customers. You indirectly support theft and the black market.

Unfortunately not, tracking it would require the drone to be flying when it was lost through the flight records on DJI APP. It is recommended to report the local authorities and allow the police to run on their investigation of the incident. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules