Mavic Pro - props changed to new lower noise
2736 26 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShawnW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470105 ft
Canada

Just changed over to new gold tipped lower noise propellers and have introduced a vibration.  There is a noticable chatter and visible shake.  Confirmed props are seated properly.  Has anyone experienced this?  Do new probs have a break in period?  Thanks, Shawn
2018-1-14
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Yeah its a common problem when installing new props on older mavics. Where did you buy them? Take them back and swap for another set... get a refund and put the older ones back on.
2018-1-14
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I have been running those blades and have noticed no problems at all
2018-1-14
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Canada

Purchased from DJI store early december. Just getting to try them now. Thanks for the comment.
2018-1-14
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

ShawnW Posted at 2018-1-14 14:41
Purchased from DJI store early december. Just getting to try them now. Thanks for the comment.

If you haven’t upgraded your firmware for a few months, you need to, the firmware update cancelled out the vibration caused on older Mavics (really not sure how that works!). If you have updated then it’s likely you won’t be able to use them, there seems to be mixed success on the original MP with the new blades.
2018-1-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

are you on the most current FW? cause if not i have seen the vibration issue cause by older FW not being compatible. I also have the new style low noise with zero issue and fully up to date on FW
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Shawn, may I know the firmware of your drone? If it is not the latest version, please kindly update the firmware to the latest, calibrate the IMU and test again. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, a short video will be highly appreciated, thank you.
2018-1-17
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Canada

I’m not connectief right now but it looks like 4.1.22. Will confirm when I get home. Thanks
2018-1-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem also had gimbal vibration warning message, ended up tossing them in favor of the oem props.. lesson learned.....
2018-1-17
Use props
Chas.Scuba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13238 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, I had same problem so I got them replaced but still had vibration , Ive gone bact to oem ones, problem solved
2018-1-17
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I tried them for about 5 flights, then tossed them into the garbage. Made my motors seem to run hotter, no real benefit, and I was not about to upgrade firmware for these things.
My bird is perfectly happy....with what it is on thank you...
2018-1-17
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-17 03:40
Shawn, may I know the firmware of your drone? If it is not the latest version, please kindly update the firmware to the latest, calibrate the IMU and test again. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, a short video will be highly appreciated, thank you.

Currently at:
App 4.1.22
Aircraft 01.04.0200
Controller 01.04.0200
I did an update on everything that would let me update.  I won't get a chance to fly for a week or so but will give the new props another try.
Thanks for the responses.
Shawn
2018-1-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also had vibrations and went back to the originals.  It took care of the vibration issue.  I still suspect those props were intended for flight with the new ESC's.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ShawnW Posted at 2018-1-17 18:21
Currently at:
App 4.1.22
Aircraft 01.04.0200

They are the latest version. And if there is a chance, please kindly try again the low noise props, then switch back to the original propellers to see if it will also vibrate. Waiting for your feedback.
2018-1-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I found that you need to do some aggressive flying to bed them in,  which for me got rid of the vibration.
2018-1-19
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Canada

That’s interesting if there is a break in period. Certainly is possible given they hinge on rivets. Begs the question can these propellers wear out?  Anyone ever heard of a MTBF on the props?
Thanks for all comments.
2018-1-19
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShawnW Posted at 2018-1-19 05:49
That’s interesting if there is a break in period. Certainly is possible given they hinge on rivets. Begs the question can these propellers wear out?  Anyone ever heard of a MTBF on the props?
Thanks for all comments.

DJI Admin on this forum recommends changing props every 200 sorties, though I don't know what duration defines a sortie.

2018-1-19
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I do not think the vibration problems of the new set of low noise propellers are 100% firmware. It is a purely physical phenomenon: the propellers are optimally opened for flight due to the centrifugal force ... for this every pile must be harder in the end of the propeller ... not in the middle and not close to the engine! In the classic MP set they have a higher weight outwards. At the new low noise set ... they are thinned to the tip of the propeller and tilted so that the centrifugal force can not keep them open at an optimal angle of 180 degrees, and hence there may be vibrations from the decentralized propeller ... really unopened normal ... Being a folded propeller, they can easily change geometry depending on engine speed and MP load at certain times!
2018-1-19
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-19 04:29
They are the latest version. And if there is a chance, please kindly try again the low noise props, then switch back to the original propellers to see if it will also vibrate. Waiting for your feedback.

Happy to report vibration appears to be gone.  I will continue to fly them and update if any additional problem occurs but they seemed stable and quieter than the OEM props.
Based on a free app store decibel meter I get about ~75db with the original OEM props and ~65db with the new low noise props. Testing was at hover 10 feet off the ground.  Tried to video it but... this is Canada and its winter and I did not charge the 2nd camera battery... maybe next time.
2018-1-21
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

I did not have any problems with the 8131, the noise was not the reason why I bought them, but if I go down long routes the engine rpm, and I had to change the tilt_atti_range in sport mode, I am with less rpm even the engine the same speed, therefore less battery consumption, I agree with those propellers .... use the FW 1.3.0700
2018-1-21
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Yes. Mine did that too. Regular gimbal shake warning from the app and visible shaking when looking at the gimbal.
2018-1-21
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

ShawnW Posted at 2018-1-19 05:49
That’s interesting if there is a break in period. Certainly is possible given they hinge on rivets. Begs the question can these propellers wear out?  Anyone ever heard of a MTBF on the props?
Thanks for all comments.

If anything, the shaking only got worse after a few flights, actually. Back to the originals, after a small accident resulting in damage to one tip.
2018-1-21
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I flew my Mavic with new props without any problems at all without any run in. Make sure you check the firmware is up to date and try a refresh firmware if it is showing as being up to date using DJI assistant. Good luck.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ShawnW Posted at 2018-1-21 14:13
Happy to report vibration appears to be gone.  I will continue to fly them and update if any additional problem occurs but they seemed stable and quieter than the OEM props.
Based on a free app store decibel meter I get about ~75db with the original OEM props and ~65db with the new low noise props. Testing was at hover 10 feet off the ground.  Tried to video it but... this is Canada and its winter and I did not charge the 2nd camera battery... maybe next time.

That's great to hear. So hope the good weather comes and you can fly the drone.
2018-1-22
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Bringing up a oldish thread here but I have a small idea. I also got the gimbal error when first putting the 8331 Props on for the first time. Put the AC in Sport mode and zoomed around for a minute and haven't had an issue since. I think the 8831 have a tighter connection and need to be "worked" in a bit to get them moving freely.
2018-3-7
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Had the new props for awhile now with no vibration.

They also seem a bit quieter and I think the Mavic was more responsive to the sticks.
2018-3-7
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

This is what I run. They are nice. Better than DJI I think.
CC2D81CC-001A-4AD5-A347-B359402F8F52.jpeg
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules