Maximum Distance Reached B.S. !!
12053 17 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Markatos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284567 ft
United States

Its unreal how terrible my experience has been trying to get help from DJI on this. I have tried the normal email support and get nothing but junior league help that isnt coming close to dealing with my problem.

After the last update my drone can't fly more than 100 feet away from me. Keeps saying either:

"Maximum Distance Reached"

or

"Maximum altitude reached"

Neither of these limitations are being set by me. I am not in beginner mode. I am logged in.  I have found ways around this issue by having to land, take out battery, and start all over again. That works sometimes.  One time I ended up taking that FAA test, and it worked right after that!

This is incredibly annoying and unpredictable. I use my drone professionallly as well and if this happens to me on a shoot and I can't fix it then I am f____ed. Of course I have relayed all of this to DJI and they do not care and have stopped responding to my inquiry.

Have any of you found a fix to this issue?

I have a P3 Pro w/ v3.1.23 (2812) App
2018-1-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure you don't have a maximum distance/altitude restriction?  

If so, you can either increase the max distance/altitude, or disable it.  

Good luck.
2018-1-14
Use props
Markatos
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-14 15:31
Are you sure you don't have a maximum distance/altitude restriction?  

If so, you can either increase the max distance/altitude, or disable it.  

Yeah man, all that stuff is turned off. I have max alt set to the highest. I've had this drone for 2-3 years and this has never happened to me until this recent update.
2018-1-14
Use props
fansb0a66670
lvl.1
United States

Same same same.  For me
2018-1-14
Use props
djiuser_n3PFeJY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38419 ft
Austria

This happened to me and I set the S1 button up position, then I could fly without restriction.
2018-1-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_n3PFeJY Posted at 2018-1-14 17:00
This happened to me and I set the S1 button up position, then I could fly without restriction.

This is a P3P thread - sounds like you need to spend some quality time with your manual..

OP - I have a P3P and it flies great.  Read the below post over... see if it helps...

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... .87175/#post-901549

2018-1-14
Use props
Markatos
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-14 17:52
This is a P3P thread - sounds like you need to spend some quality time with your manual..

OP - I have a P3P and it flies great.  Read the below post over... see if it helps...

thanks for that link. pretty informative but doesn't help with this bug I am experiencing.

For whatever reason its wants to restrict my flight. Also, for whatever reason, if I land it and take the battery out and put it back in, reboot the thing will work. Sometimes.

2018-1-14
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

IF

YOUR DRONE WORKS

DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE.

ELSE

YOUR DRONE MAY NOT WORK ANYMORE

ENDIF

Also, turn off the auto-update feature on the ipad or other tablety thing you use for eyes.
2018-1-14
Use props
D-r-o-n-e
lvl.2
United States

Here is what it is. On my Phantom 3 pro it is happening also because of dji go app now here is the solution I think which works or temp solution for this Just close the app and re-open it and make sure all the number on the app like return  home altitude does show and if it is showing zero then most likely the app need to get restarted again until you get those numbers showing. Once it does show all your old setting which you saved most likely you would not hit the maximum flight distance reached stuff. let me know if it works.

Also you can try to do this during flight as well just make sure your drone is hovering at a safe place and then close app and re-open and then once those numbers does show loading properly most likely you would not get the maximum flight reached error or anything.

Thanks
2018-1-14
Use props
Markatos
lvl.1
United States

D-r-o-n-e Posted at 2018-1-14 20:27
Here is what it is. On my Phantom 3 pro it is happening also because of dji go app now here is the solution I think which works or temp solution for this Just close the app and re-open it and make sure all the number on the app like return  home altitude does show and if it is showing zero then most likely the app need to get restarted again until you get those numbers showing. Once it does show all your old setting which you saved most likely you would not hit the maximum flight distance reached stuff. let me know if it works.

Also you can try to do this during flight as well just make sure your drone is hovering at a safe place and then close app and re-open and then once those numbers does show loading properly most likely you would not get the maximum flight reached error or anything.

Hey Drone,
That is what I am seeing too! I noticed those numbers zero out when the app is broken. They retain their value when its working.

I was thinking I needed to take out the battery as well but I'll try just turning off the app.

Thanks for the tip on doing it in flight...didn't think that was possible.

Cheers,
Peter.
2018-1-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There have only been 100 threads about this.
It's amazing how much misinformation you can get here.
The solution is to simply sign out of your DJI account in the Me section of the app.
Close down and restart, sign in again and you should be back to normal.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Peter, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. According to your description, it looks like the DJI Account failed to write in the Main Control. It may appear if you changed another battery. I'd suggest to restart the APP when the issue appears.
2018-1-21
Use props
Markatos
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-21 19:27
Hey Peter, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. According to your description, it looks like the DJI Account failed to write in the Main Control. It may appear if you changed another battery. I'd suggest to restart the APP when the issue appears.

Thanks for your advice.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Markatos Posted at 2018-1-21 19:44
Thanks for your advice.

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if there is any further questions.
2018-1-23
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-15 20:51
There have only been 100 threads about this.
It's amazing how much misinformation you can get here.
The solution is to simply sign out of your DJI account in the Me section of the app.

Yes that worked. Thanks
2019-5-3
Use props
pokerhelper
New

United States

I had this issue happen, and I found the problem by watching the playback of the flight data... It said at a certain point into the flight "payload detected, flight distance limits engaged" or somesuch. I have propeller guards installed, which adds weight, and when the wind blows, I am thinking the extra resistance, registers as weight on the drone. That puts a flight restriction on the drone, and you are screwed.  I just figured this out, so ill have to work out the fix now, but at least I know what it is.
2021-1-30
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

pokerhelper Posted at 1-30 15:34
I had this issue happen, and I found the problem by watching the playback of the flight data... It said at a certain point into the flight "payload detected, flight distance limits engaged" or somesuch. I have propeller guards installed, which adds weight, and when the wind blows, I am thinking the extra resistance, registers as weight on the drone. That puts a flight restriction on the drone, and you are screwed.  I just figured this out, so ill have to work out the fix now, but at least I know what it is.

I haven't seen any message like this before, and I have been known to carry payloads.  Pretty sure prop guards are insignificant to the weight and the strongest winds shouldn't cause this -- you will have other problems to worry about if the wind is blowing that hard.  What aircraft do you have and what firmware are you running?

Just for info, my 1.3kg Phantom can lift an extra 50% weight without too much trouble, however I am not silly enough to fly in very windy conditions.  The following pictures show it carrying a large flag and substantial lead fishing sinker as a counterweight, while wearing prop guards.  It handled this effortlessly.

IMG_1306a.png IMG_1311.JPG IMGP8393.JPG cropquad.jpg
2021-1-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

endotherm Posted at 1-30 23:57
I haven't seen any message like this before, and I have been known to carry payloads.  Pretty sure prop guards are insignificant to the weight and the strongest winds shouldn't cause this -- you will have other problems to worry about if the wind is blowing that hard.  What aircraft do you have and what firmware are you running?

Just for info, my 1.3kg Phantom can lift an extra 50% weight without too much trouble, however I am not silly enough to fly in very windy conditions.  The following pictures show it carrying a large flag and substantial lead fishing sinker as a counterweight, while wearing prop guards.  It handled this effortlessly.

I haven't seen any message like this before, and I have been known to carry payloads.
The payload detected, flight distance limits engaged message is something from the tiny, underpowered Mavic Mini.
Just fitting its propguards will trigger the message.
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules