Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark and OTG cable - no telemetry
2023 11 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has it happened to anyone that when using an OTG calbe to connect to the remote when flying the spark, there is video but not telemtey?
however for some reason IF I coonect vie the controllers wify, eveything works well.

I prefer to use a cable specially since I plan to use a crystalsky.
2018-1-14
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

OTG connection is not supported for phones and tablets at the moment (actually never was but yet it worked for a good period of time).
Dji claims they are working on properly supporting OTG Remote connection to phone/tablet in the future.
2018-1-14
Use props
FoxSTI
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

so then what I am experiencing is normal ? let me hook up the Crystalsky.
I know it works well on my P4P.
2018-1-14
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

yes this is normal with current firmware and current dji go4 app.
the otg connection is supported for goggles and i think crystal sky (but i don't know that for sure).
2018-1-14
Use props
FoxSTI
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well, the same thing happens when I connect the Crystal Sky.
I hope they fix this in the future. Seem like the spark owners are getting not love.
2018-1-14
Use props
dansmar
First Officer
Flight distance : 334669 ft
United States

You can downgrade on Android device to  DJI 4.1.15 or earlier and regain otg functionality and offline maps.

Sorry your stuck on wifi with crystal sky until DJI fixes otg
2018-1-14
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can connect the CS to your Spark via wifi , it's actually better as OTG is not supported for the version of DJI Go 4 available on the CS at the moment
2018-1-14
Use props
didierm77
New
France

lannes Posted at 2018-1-14 18:23
You can connect the CS to your Spark via wifi , it's actually better as OTG is not supported for the version of DJI Go 4 available on the CS at the moment

Sorry for my English, I'm French and I bought a Spark combo (Spark plus RC), just because of the OTG cable and the possibility to fly with no lag et no wifi signal interuption ! its my Christmas gift! I won't no believe in Santa Claus any more or until DJI will issue a new  DJI.go release!
2018-1-15
Use props
FoxSTI
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wifi is not better than a hardwired connection. thank you everyone for the help. I hope they fix it soon.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey FoxSTI, OTG is still not recommended for now. We will release on our website if there is any update. Thanks for your attention.
2018-1-21
Use props
FoxSTI
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I hope you guys reconsider and implement it. Thank you
2018-1-21
Use props
fans89b9a8b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257546 ft
Serbia

Guys not just that, shallow focus wont work too!!! It says restart the aircraft and try again!
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules